• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds @ Cardinals 6/7 - 6/9

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what flavor of juice Beltran likes? The same flavor as Bonds and Pujols I think.
When Bonds was the same age Beltran is right now, he had 73 Home Runs, 137 RBIs and 177 walks. It aint the same juice.

Here is your Cardinals baseball announcer moment for the week, though. They said that the Reds pitcher 'sprung a leak'

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is why Dustbucket gave up in the 6th inning.
What a fuckin' moron.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is your Cardinals baseball announcer moment for the week, though. They said that the Reds pitcher 'sprung a leak'

It's not original. We've been following Leake since 2010.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home from the game. Seemed like half the crowd were Cardinal fans. It's sad when you're at a home game and there's cheering when the opposing team scores.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home from the game. Seemed like half the crowd were Cardinal fans. It's sad when you're at a home game and there's cheering when the opposing team scores.

neh we rams fans got that when greenbay was in town

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't beat the Cards this season, and we are not much better against the Pirates. this season is starting to shape up as a total bust. if we can't beat these contenders we are not going anywhere.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not original. We've been following Leake since 2010.
Of course it isn't original but it shouldn't have gotten the 10 seconds of air time that it did.

This is the game the Cards were winning no matter what. Wainwright is on another planet when it comes to pitching. The rest of the series will be telling. The Reds don't HAVE to do well against the Cardinals but its generally a good idea. ex: The Brewers did a really good job against the Cardinals in 2011 only for the Cardinals to get healthy and hot post-trade in the NLCS. But no team should want the Wild Card in the new format.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight was a tough one, Our boys are just gonna have to erase this one from there memory adn get back at it tomorrow. We got Latos going tomorrow. GO REDS!

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 Lineup VS Cards

Reds (v. Lyons - L)

1. Shin-Soo Choo (L) CF
2. Derrick Robinson (S) LF
3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
4. Brandon Phillips ® 2B
5. Jay Bruce (L) RF
6. Todd Frazier ® 3B
7. Devin Mesoraco ® C
8. Zack Cozart ® SS
9. Mat Latos ® P
Dusty finally took Cozy outta of the #2 hole.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's at most any ballpark you go too. Nothing worse than sitting in a section with drunk fans of the opponent who won't STFU.

So anyway, I'm tuned in and hopefully John is there representin' the Hoop well. Gotta win today. Looking for a CG SO from Latos.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes us a whopping 7 pitches to make 3 outs in the 1st, capped off by Votto bouncing into the inning-ending double play.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took these guys til Yadier's first AB to bring up the "brawl."

The Cardinals are hitting .381 on first pitchs. What does Latos choose to throw Yadi? A straight fastball down the pipe. Give the man a 2-dinger.

:gaah:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce ties her up! :yahoo:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was hoping to get more out of that opportunity. A 2-run lead is very tenuous against these guys.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Verducci is plain revolting. I have never, ever in my life heard such unabashed and shameless praise of a baseball team as this guy is puking out inning-after-inning. To hear him tell it, the whole league might as well go home and concede the World Series to the Cardinals. Is anybody else listening to this??? And Brenamman must be getting paid allot of money to have to sit in the booth with him and play along.

I think Verducci just identified Yadier Molina as the second coming of God's son. :rolleyes:

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Verducci is plain revolting. I have never, ever in my life heard such unabashed and shameless praise of a baseball team as this guy is puking out inning-after-inning. To hear him tell it, the whole league might as well go home and concede the World Series to the Cardinals. Is anybody else listening to this??? And Brenamman must be getting paid allot of money to have to sit in the booth with him and play along.

I think Verducci just identified Yadier Molina as the second coming of God's son. :rolleyes:

Bet you're enjoying this game a bit more than last night, although I'm not saying it's over by any means. :suds:

As a Cardinals fan in a Reds forum, let me just say that I'm really sick of seeing and hearing about the brawl three years ago. And I'm sick of my fellow Cardinals fans that keep booing and stirring shit up every time the Reds are in town. You'd think they'd realize sooner or later that Phillips thrives on all of this silliness. Besides, it's a great, intense rivalry without all of that nonsense anyway. Personally, I think for a lot of Cardinals fans, it's a love/hate relationship with Phillips. Or at least that's how it is for me. I hate that he plays for the Reds, but I don't hate or even dislike him or the Reds. How could I, especially when some of the best baseball out there happens when these two teams get together?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet you're enjoying this game a bit more than last night, although I'm not saying it's over by any means. :suds:

As a Cardinals fan in a Reds forum, let me just say that I'm really sick of seeing and hearing about the brawl three years ago. And I'm sick of my fellow Cardinals fans that keep booing and stirring shit up every time the Reds are in town. You'd think they'd realize sooner or later that Phillips thrives on all of this silliness. Besides, it's a great, intense rivalry without all of that nonsense anyway. Personally, I think for a lot of Cardinals fans, it's a love/hate relationship with Phillips. Or at least that's how it is for me. I hate that he plays for the Reds, but I don't hate or even dislike him or the Reds. How could I, especially when some of the best baseball out there happens when these two teams get together?

Both Phillips and Molina play their best ball against one another, the louder the boos get the better they play. I wish Reds fans would give Molina a standing O every time he comes to the plate.:lol:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 Lineup VS Cards

Reds (v. Lyons - L)

1. Shin-Soo Choo (L) CF
2. Derrick Robinson (S) LF
3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
4. Brandon Phillips ® 2B
5. Jay Bruce (L) RF
6. Todd Frazier ® 3B
7. Devin Mesoraco ® C
8. Zack Cozart ® SS
9. Mat Latos ® P
Dusty finally took Cozy outta of the #2 hole.

If only he was smart enough to leave him outta there........Robinson should play every day until Ludwig gets back......and bat second

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! Had OK seats amid a lot of enthusiastic fans, both teams, and the Yardbirds fans I met were most cordial. The ballpark was electric and I got my first taste of a live Cuban Missile emergence.

Was hoping for a little more heat from AC but the Birds are the best-hitting team I have seen since the BRM.

Spent a little time patrolling the area around the park and the Hall of Fame. This place is really worth the visit though at my age, the music is bit annoying. That is probably individual taste.

And chicks love the long ball.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John so happy for you! It is a wonderful experience and that must have been a real treat for a true diehard Reds fan such as yourself.