• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Red Wings @ Rangers - 11|5|2014 - 8:00 PM

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/I wonder if O'Halloran would have waived off that OT goal?

:behindsofa:[/QUOTE]

For?

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to send him back. We're not even getting shots on goal at this point. You can have Erixon and Anisimov back.

If you didn't see it:
QuerulousAnxiousHarlequinbug.gif

Monster versus unholy beast.

Honestly, I wanted this guy when the rumor mill was flying. You can say all the shit you want about Rick Nash's scoring issues in the SCF last year. But Nash had a hell of a run, in other areas of the hockey game besides burying the biscuit. PK, PP, playing the body, forecheck ......used his size, strength and reach all over the ice.

That being said, I feel this guy is just snake bitten every time the game is on his stick. Oh he can score. But in the SCF, what's the chances of the GWG going off of Voynov's shaft? And like last night, a 6 x 4 just YAWNING, I MEAN YAWNING at him; and he hits the one spot where the goalies glove IS. Them's the breaks

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to send him back. We're not even getting shots on goal at this point. You can have Erixon and Anisimov back.

If you didn't see it:
QuerulousAnxiousHarlequinbug.gif

Monster versus unholy beast.

I liked Tim Erixon and I still am one of the few that thinks he would be a good defenseman. He played well for us, problem is until AV arrived, MDZ was the next Sergei Zubov so he got not enough ice time. AA is another quality centreman. Right now, he could be the #1 on the NYR's

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Tim Erixon and I still am one of the few that thinks he would be a good defenseman. He played well for us, problem is until AV arrived, MDZ was the next Sergei Zubov so he got not enough ice time. AA is another quality centreman. Right now, he could be the #1 on the NYR's

I like Anisimov too. But the Jackets have way too many centers and need a top wing since Horton will not play this year. So if someone has to go, I say Arty. And the only reason is because I don't want to lose Dubinsky, Letestu, Jenner, Johansen or Wennberg. Or foligno (since he is now Mr. "I'll play anywhere")

Erixon I am not sold on. He just doesn't seem to have that fire in his belly. He plays a good technical game, but if there needs to be a hit or if there is a check to be shrugged off, I just don't see him doing it. With the style the rest of the Jackets are trying to play, timidness anywhere is a hole.

They just can't get him (or Wennberg who has the same timidness issue right now) out of the lineup.

Rick Nash will come back someday. But it won't be for a while. But I can keep dreaming.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Anisimov too. But the Jackets have way too many centers and need a top wing since Horton will not play this year. So if someone has to go, I say Arty. And the only reason is because I don't want to lose Dubinsky, Letestu, Jenner, Johansen or Wennberg. Or foligno (since he is now Mr. "I'll play anywhere")

Erixon I am not sold on. He just doesn't seem to have that fire in his belly. He plays a good technical game, but if there needs to be a hit or if there is a check to be shrugged off, I just don't see him doing it. With the style the rest of the Jackets are trying to play, timidness anywhere is a hole.

They just can't get him (or Wennberg who has the same timidness issue right now) out of the lineup.

Rick Nash will come back someday. But it won't be for a while. But I can keep dreaming.

Erixon had the same issues over here a bit. But he did play well. Granted I have no seen him play regularly since he left town (and no NHL Center Ice yet. Still thinking of how to sneak it in under the wifes nose).

You will think I am off my rocker; but I liked Anisimov better than Dubi. I loved Dubi, but something about the way he went about his contract rubbed me the wrong way. When he was first called upon he wasn't half the player he is now and was given the chance to earn, learn and develop. Suddenly he thought he was indispensable and got very cocky. I loved his gritty-ness and work ethic but I just thought (at least on our end) AA was a bit more versatile. Not the same physical style as Dubi, but he gets in the cycle and can work the boards well. He got some serious chances with us on PP, PK. I honestly wanted him moved up the depth chart but Stepan arrived...and then the trades

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erixon had the same issues over here a bit. But he did play well. Granted I have no seen him play regularly since he left town (and no NHL Center Ice yet. Still thinking of how to sneak it in under the wifes nose).

You will think I am off my rocker; but I liked Anisimov better than Dubi. I loved Dubi, but something about the way he went about his contract rubbed me the wrong way. When he was first called upon he wasn't half the player he is now and was given the chance to earn, learn and develop. Suddenly he thought he was indispensable and got very cocky. I loved his gritty-ness and work ethic but I just thought (at least on our end) AA was a bit more versatile. Not the same physical style as Dubi, but he gets in the cycle and can work the boards well. He got some serious chances with us on PP, PK. I honestly wanted him moved up the depth chart but Stepan arrived...and then the trades

Don't blame you one bit on being sour at the contract mess. But remember he has the biggest dickhole on earth as an agent, so maybe not all of it was him.

And if it was strictly on ice performance, Anisimov is way ahead of Dubi. But there was an air of a "Country Club" in the Jackets locker room before he came, and the fact Nash was traded for him was pretty symbolic. He gets in guys' faces and leads. The Jackets need that more than "stay quiet and play hard" like Anisimov does. The attitude of the team changed overnight, largely because of him.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the Wings so I cant attest to them getting continually hosed game in and game out;

Oh we have been. On average, every other game. Refs have factored in heavily and one can make an argument that they've cost us at least two points already this year...and that's NOT counting last night.

It's been fucking absurd and I can only imagine the circus show is happening around the league.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sample:

UnimportantFlashyAcaciarat.gif

Goal called off. 2 minutes in the box for goaltender interference.

That is not a joke.

This is from a game which we wound up winning. Wanted to grab a clip from a win to avoid this looking like sour grapes. The officiating is just shit right now.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame you one bit on being sour at the contract mess. But remember he has the biggest dickhole on earth as an agent, so maybe not all of it was him.

And if it was strictly on ice performance, Anisimov is way ahead of Dubi. But there was an air of a "Country Club" in the Jackets locker room before he came, and the fact Nash was traded for him was pretty symbolic. He gets in guys' faces and leads. The Jackets need that more than "stay quiet and play hard" like Anisimov does. The attitude of the team changed overnight, largely because of him.

that's cool, Im didn't know that. I wish them both success. If you guys won the Cup I would be happy for Erixon, Artie and Dubi. They did right by us.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sample:

UnimportantFlashyAcaciarat.gif

Goal called off. 2 minutes in the box for goaltender interference.

That is not a joke.

This is from a game which we wound up winning. Wanted to grab a clip from a win to avoid this looking like sour grapes. The officiating is just shit right now.

I saw this first hand. That was absurd.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's cool, Im didn't know that. I wish them both success. If you guys won the Cup I would be happy for Erixon, Artie and Dubi. They did right by us.

Kinda like if you guys did, I'd be happy for Nasher and Johnny Moore.

Not Brassard though. Fuck Brassard. :suds:

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^this

Still dislike him frok his days as a BJ...

I'm not 100% sold on Brass. Just not. And I sure as hell don't like the $$'s Sather threw at him.

We need a #2 Center desperately

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not 100% sold on Brass. Just not. And I sure as hell don't like the $$'s Sather threw at him.

We need a #2 Center desperately

I will never forgive the little shit for forcing Vermette out of town and then going soft when he had no competition for ice time. As long as he gets his way, he's fine. But he's a petulant little whiner when he doesn't.

He should be centering Ryan Kesler and Dany Heatley.

Canuck eh?

Big Flat Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never forgive the little shit for forcing Vermette out of town and then going soft when he had no competition for ice time. As long as he gets his way, he's fine. But he's a petulant little whiner when he doesn't.

Noice. :lol:

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey now....