• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox Vs Dodgers Game Thread..Aug 23-25

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, have nothing against Brahmsian coming here and talking about the Red Sox. I think he's been straight up and respectful of everyone's opinion.

So, Brahmsian, I hope you'll come here often and I'll journey to the Red Sox Board from time to time.

Like I said in another Post, I like the Red Sox, and have nothing but respect for them. The Red Sox are a very good team and so are the Dodgers. The Red Sox certainly spanked the Dodgers tonight and that's the way it goes sometimes.

If these two teams meet in the WS it should be a great one. It will be the powerful Red Sox lineup against the Dodgers vaunted pitching.

Any way, it was a good Series and now both teams move on to take care of their business for the rest of the season. The Red Sox have a lot more work to do to win their Division while the Dodgers are sitting pretty for now.

Both should make the playoffs absent an unexpected collapse, but I don't see that happening to either of these teams this Season.
Are you by any chance related to Paul Silas?

Silas was one of my favorite Celtics back when I could actually afford tickets to games.

A bit of trivia you might find interesting. Paul Silas was nicknamed "Tall Paul" when he was with the eltics. they also had a guard,"Small Paul" Westphal, who eventually went to the Phoenix Suns and I believe coached them for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if I sounded like I was trolling. Saying I wouldn't trade Pedroia for someone
isn't really a knock on that someone, because Pedroia is a definite favorite of mine.

There are 2 Red Sox posters in my studio apartment. One of Jacoby "The Navajo" Ellsbury, and the other
of Dustin "Laser Show" Pedroia. Pedroia got that nickname because even his outs tend to be line drives.

Ellsbury, FYI is a full-blooded Navajo indian.

Pedroia's a great player, as is Ellsbury but they've both hit their prime. Puig's potential is as high, if not higher than Trout's was when he broke out (even though Trout only batted .220 through his first 40 games, Puig batted around .400). No way I am trading that kind of potential and raw talent for anyone in the league. Just saying.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brahmsian...........I am no relation to Paul Silas, who I remember well as well as Paul Westphal.....another very good player.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brahsmian

I have a question for you: Do you want them to resign Ellsbury or let them walk? Good luck to your sox this year.