• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox Vs Dodgers Game Thread..Aug 23-25

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedroia very fundamentally sound, Puig anything but by his reputation.

I'll take the fundamentally sound guy, especially in the middle infield, thank you.

GO RED SOX!

It just appears that you are hear to troll us. What is the purpose of that? You come on a Dodger board posting that Puig is not fundamentally sound and it sounds like you are trolling us. Maybe you are not trying to its just that your post comes off a little harsh and offensive over here. Do you not have a Red Sox board to post on?

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical night for Pedroia.

2 hits, an RBI and a great fielding play.

GO RED SOX! :clap:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get defensive Besa, he's just happy that the Red Sox faced the bottom part of our rotation.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical night for Pedroia.

2 hits, an RBI and a great fielding play.

GO RED SOX! :clap:

I think your welcome on the Dodgers board is worn.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get defensive Besa, he's just happy that the Red Sox faced the bottom part of our rotation.

Like I said maybe he wasn't trolling us. It just came off to me as a troll post. Crapuano actually did not do as bad as I thought he would and Withrow gave up 2 homers. THe biggest thing is Az does not gain ground on us today.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is fading fast. They had an opportunity to gain ground on the Dodgers this weekend and blew it. They're quickly running out of games.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is fading fast. They had an opportunity to gain ground on the Dodgers this weekend and blew it. They're quickly running out of games.

Only thing that worries me is we play them 7 times in September. I want to get the lead in double digits before we face them so the series isn't as crucial then.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that worries me is we play them 7 times in September. I want to get the lead in double digits before we face them so the series isn't as crucial then.

If you're a better team you should be glad you'll have a chance to bury them.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True when it comes to my favorite teams I am a worrywart. I just want to add to this lead this week and not have AZ close...

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not.

I do like to see what's being said on the forum of the opposition team while a game is going on,
but that's not trolling as I understand the term.

If my team is winning I am more likely to say something, but trolling involves ridiculing the opposition
for even thinking they can win. That I don't do. Stating my case about which players I like and which I
don't like, on my own team as well as the opposition is my primary motivation.

Capuano did pitch well tonight, but Peavy pitched better, which is a pleasant surprise to me.

I expect Peavy to have at least 1 bad inning every ame,and never expect CGs from him.
He just hasn't been that good in most of the games I've watched since he came to Boston.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, have nothing against Brahmsian coming here and talking about the Red Sox. I think he's been straight up and respectful of everyone's opinion.

So, Brahmsian, I hope you'll come here often and I'll journey to the Red Sox Board from time to time.

Like I said in another Post, I like the Red Sox, and have nothing but respect for them. The Red Sox are a very good team and so are the Dodgers. The Red Sox certainly spanked the Dodgers tonight and that's the way it goes sometimes.

If these two teams meet in the WS it should be a great one. It will be the powerful Red Sox lineup against the Dodgers vaunted pitching.

Any way, it was a good Series and now both teams move on to take care of their business for the rest of the season. The Red Sox have a lot more work to do to win their Division while the Dodgers are sitting pretty for now.

Both should make the playoffs absent an unexpected collapse, but I don't see that happening to either of these teams this Season.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably won't be coming here very often when our teams aren't going head to head.

It's the forums of the teams The Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins or Oklahoma City Thunder are playing on a givenday
that I look at most often. I grew up in OKC though I haven't been back there in years.

A pet fantasy of mine is an NBA Final between my native city's Thunder and my adapted city's Celtics.
The Celtics probably won't make it this year, but the Thunder have a good chance.

You will be welcome on the forums of any of the teams I've mentioned here as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a good beating by the Sox today, it happens but my only concern is consistency, we're not going to win every series.

We should win the west but my concern is heading into the playoffs healthy with a little momentum.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries can occur any time, but, assuming injuries don't continue to be an issue, the Dodgers will have Kemp back to join Ramirez, AGon, Puig, et al.

Plus, the Dodgers have four very good SP's and a terrific back end of a BP. These are the kind of ingredients that help teams go deep into the playoffs, so I think the Dodgers have a very good chance of doing well in the post-season.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not.

I do like to see what's being said on the forum of the opposition team while a game is going on,
but that's not trolling as I understand the term.

If my team is winning I am more likely to say something, but trolling involves ridiculing the opposition
for even thinking they can win. That I don't do. Stating my case about which players I like and which I
don't like, on my own team as well as the opposition is my primary motivation.

Capuano did pitch well tonight, but Peavy pitched better, which is a pleasant surprise to me.

I expect Peavy to have at least 1 bad inning every ame,and never expect CGs from him.
He just hasn't been that good in most of the games I've watched since he came to Boston.

Then I apologize. Like I stated it was how I interpreted the post as if you were looking down on Puig if that makes sense. That is also why I thought I posted I may have misinterpreted your post and what you meant. Crapuano was actually good for him as im used to him imploding. Our pen was terrible but everyone has a bad night occasionally.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had fun at the game even though it was boring for our side

Talked some real good baseball with a RedSox fan, 30 year season ticket holder at Fenway Park, came out to LA this weekend

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVPuig............that sounds like it was fun. Red Sox fans are as vocal as any fans when it comes to their team.

Capuano had another pedestrian performance, but at least he left the game with the Dodgers within striking distance.

Withrow had an off night. I agree that that happens from time to time.

Marmol, even though he didn't give up any runs, and League were, predictably, not so good. Both of these guys need to be replaced in time to be eligible for the playoffs. I wouldn't use either one of those guys in a playoff game.

Ned...........you're running out of time!!:whistle:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if I sounded like I was trolling. Saying I wouldn't trade Pedroia for someone
isn't really a knock on that someone, because Pedroia is a definite favorite of mine.

There are 2 Red Sox posters in my studio apartment. One of Jacoby "The Navajo" Ellsbury, and the other
of Dustin "Laser Show" Pedroia. Pedroia got that nickname because even his outs tend to be line drives.

Ellsbury, FYI is a full-blooded Navajo indian.