• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox release 3rd baseman...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I can say is thanks for Travis Shaw :suds:

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devers now promoted to AAA.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I kind of figured that a deal for Frazier would be tough, considering what was given up for Sale.

The Quintana trade just has me pumped up, and wanting to sell everything we can. We have something like 10 of the top 100 prospects now, and 5 of the top 30. Still have Robertson and Frazier to deal. Possibly Melky too. You have to wonder if they'll field calls for Abreu, but something tells me they want to keep him around as the face of the franchise.
And the Red Sox could use both

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8th - Robertson
9th - Kimbrel

That's not something I'd like to be on the other side of, come the post-season.
What would it take to get both? As the White Sox have gotten their haul of prospects already, is there a chance they'd be more inclined to take less now than before?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would it take to get both? As the White Sox have gotten their haul of prospects already, is there a chance they'd be more inclined to take less now than before?

I mean, it's possible. Especially with Frazier. However, with both of them together. That's tough, because I think a good market is materializing for Robertson. Where as Frazier likely has just Boston and New York as potential suitors, so far as I can see. Dumping his contract off will be half of the victory with him. Frazier alone won't gut much of the farm system, but both of them packaged could certainly command those two top 100 guys. It really depends what other clubs are ponying up.

I never would have guessed the Cubs would pony up the #12 and #86 overall prospects, plus two more projected big leaguers for Quintana. So, what do I know?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's possible. Especially with Frazier. However, with both of them together. That's tough, because I think a good market is materializing for Robertson. Where as Frazier likely has just Boston and New York as potential suitors, so far as I can see. Dumping his contract off will be half of the victory with him. Frazier alone won't gut much of the farm system, but both of them packaged could certainly command those two top 100 guys. It really depends what other clubs are ponying up.

I never would have guessed the Cubs would pony up the #12 and #86 overall prospects, plus two more projected big leaguers for Quintana. So, what do I know?
Okay not a chance then. And if there is a bidding war between the Red Sox and Yankees for Frazier, Yankees will win that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay not a chance then. And if there is a bidding war between the Red Sox and Yankees for Frazier, Yankees will win that.

It could be one of those two guys, and a couple of throw-ins. Obviously, I'm just doing guess work. However, yeah... the Yankees have a big edge with chips to play with in the farm system.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that turned to be a bad signing. Looking forward to seeing what Boston does at 3rd base now.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be one of those two guys, and a couple of throw-ins. Obviously, I'm just doing guess work. However, yeah... the Yankees have a big edge with chips to play with in the farm system.
They won't give up either of their top 2 guys for a rental and a bullpen arm.

AllBettsAreOff

unfathomable pinheadery
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes, the Sox are going to consider trading their future 3B to rent an average 3B. That's not even getting into Groome or Chavis.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the Sox are going to consider trading their future 3B to rent an average 3B. That's not even getting into Groome or Chavis.

I don't think I have ever seen so many straw-man arguments brought fort, in such a short post. Let's examine this post for a moment, piece-by-piece. Shall we?

#1 - I was responding to a hypothetical trade that would send the Red Sox BOTH Robertson and Frazier. Not just Frazier.

#2 - Yes, the Sox are going to consider trading their future 3B

There were no specific prospects named. Could you point me in the direction of where I said Red Sox would be sending their future 3B to the White Sox? I made it pretty clear that I was completely spit-balling.

#3 - To rent an average 3B.

Yes, the "average" 3rd baseman who in the past 2.5 seasons, has combined for 91 HR's and 231 RBI's. Coming off of 3 seasons where he has averaged a WAR of 4.5.

#4 - That's not even getting into Groome or Chavis.

Again, I never mentioned specifics. However, you're getting two former all-stars. Do you think you're just going to acquire them by chucking up some no-name, future journeymen/utility-man "prospects"? You're trying to acquire a couple of final pieces for a World Series run. You have to give something. lol.

#5 -

MLB Trade Rumor Buy or Sell: Todd Frazier to Red Sox is 'almost inevitable'

Red Sox, White Sox "Moving Closer" On Todd Frazier Trade

Report: Yankees, Red Sox scout Todd Frazier, David Robertson on Sunday

Talk to you when the deal is done! :D

AllBettsAreOff

unfathomable pinheadery
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I have ever seen so many straw-man arguments brought fort, in such a short post. Let's examine this post for a moment, piece-by-piece. Shall we?

#1 - I was responding to a hypothetical trade that would send the Red Sox BOTH Robertson and Frazier. Not just Frazier.

#2 - Yes, the Sox are going to consider trading their future 3B

There were no specific prospects named. Could you point me in the direction of where I said Red Sox would be sending their future 3B to the White Sox? I made it pretty clear that I was completely spit-balling.

#3 - To rent an average 3B.

Yes, the "average" 3rd baseman who in the past 2.5 seasons, has combined for 91 HR's and 231 RBI's. Coming off of 3 seasons where he has averaged a WAR of 4.5.

#4 - That's not even getting into Groome or Chavis.

Again, I never mentioned specifics. However, you're getting two former all-stars. Do you think you're just going to acquire them by chucking up some no-name, future journeymen/utility-man "prospects"? You're trying to acquire a couple of final pieces for a World Series run. You have to give something. lol.

#5 -

MLB Trade Rumor Buy or Sell: Todd Frazier to Red Sox is 'almost inevitable'

Red Sox, White Sox "Moving Closer" On Todd Frazier Trade

Report: Yankees, Red Sox scout Todd Frazier, David Robertson on Sunday

Talk to you when the deal is done! :D

Frazier was worth 2.4 WAR last year and is at 1.1 this year. He was certainly an above average 3B a few years ago, but his production over the last 1.5 seasons is pretty average. That's not to say that wouldn't be improve the Sox 3B situation, but I do think there's reason to be worried about Frazier's future production given his low averages. He's been productive despite the low average, but I'm not sure the jump in his walk rate (9.6% in 2016 to 14.2% in 2017) doesn't seem very sustainable.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox do need another bat however... It is getting sad right now

AllBettsAreOff

unfathomable pinheadery
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox do need another bat however... It is getting sad right now

They looked a lot better up until the last week or so. Just seems like they haven't fired on all cylinders. Beninendi and Pedroia are the only ones really doing anything at the plate over the last two weeks. Betts, JBJ and Bogaerts have all been pretty cold lately.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked a lot better up until the last week or so. Just seems like they haven't fired on all cylinders. Beninendi and Pedroia are the only ones really doing anything at the plate over the last two weeks. Betts, JBJ and Bogaerts have all been pretty cold lately.

add that to the fact that they keep on getting players thrown out at home doesn't help. Lost game because of it.. pathetic