• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Notre Dame are now at 85 scholarship athletes with the addition of Riggs, who has starting experience on an SEC defense that has been one of the best in the conference while he was there. This is a huge pick up for Notre Dame, the experience he'll bring should only help the young DB's Notre Dame have. SoCal one day in the next 3 to 4 years U$C will have 85 scholarship athletes too.

They can start taking a full class starting next year but with the talent they have there will be Jrs opting for the draft along with seniors going pro or just done with football so it may take 3 years to get the roster near 85. With the proliferation of spread and hurry up offenses you need more bodies especially on defense to play . So your pick up of Riggs will help you tremendously.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete the Cheat. Cheated in college and had players in the NFL cheat(4 players so far have got suspended because of cheating.) Where ever he goes he cheats. I do give him credit for winning a superbowl but his NC I don't give him any because he cheated to earn those.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. That's too funny. Pat Came to RUN the USC athletic department because he loves his school and left the LAW FIRM he was running . Chris Zorich couldn;t pass the bar and was given a desk and a chair some where in the ND athletic dept and he couldn;t even hang on to that. But hey, thanks for the laugh. lol

So does that mean that you are finally ready to acknowledge that working for your school's athletic department is not a sign of failure. (now that a former SC player does it).

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does that mean that you are finally ready to acknowledge that working for your school's athletic department is not a sign of failure. (now that a former SC player does it).

LOL. Nooooo. Not one bit. When it's your only option ( and you can't even keep it) and it's the only job on your resume 15 or so years after you leave college other than taking other peoples money for a charity that you set up and you get popped for not knowing where a lot of the money went. That my friend is a complete sign of failure.
Leaving the Law firm you are running to go back and run the entire athletic dept at your alma mater is in a whole other stratosphere compared to Chris getting a desk and a chair some where in the athletic dept at ND . What Chris got was a hand out.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete the Cheat. Cheated in college and had players in the NFL cheat(4 players so far have got suspended because of cheating.) Where ever he goes he cheats. I do give him credit for winning a superbowl but his NC I don't give him any because he cheated to earn those.

LOL. Sour grapes. You do realize the players got suspened which means they didn't play right? And they still won. I think you're just mad because your " "decided schematic advantage" didn't work out . He won in college he won in the pros . Face it he's a good coach.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Nooooo. Not one bit. When it's your only option ( and you can't even keep it) and it's the only job on your resume 15 or so years after you leave college other than taking other peoples money for a charity that you set up and you get popped for not knowing where a lot of the money went. That my friend is a complete sign of failure.
Leaving the Law firm you are running to go back and run the entire athletic dept at your alma mater is in a whole other stratosphere compared to Chris getting a desk and a chair some where in the athletic dept at ND . What Chris got was a hand out.

So as I said, when an SC player does it, it's good. When an ND player does it, it's bad. Didn't see that coming.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as I said, when an SC player does it, it's good. When an ND player does it, it's bad. Didn't see that coming.

LOL. Youre too funny
irish7478 logic

Hey I got a job at McDonalds( fry cook) = Hey fellas I just became CEO of McDonalds. LOL

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you need a simpler explanation and in context.

Getting a job at your old school. Most of the time is a good thing. But the circumstances are not always equal. Getting hired at your alma mater to run the entire athletic department after a successful career as a lawyer is one thing . Getting hired at a lowly position in the athletic dept when you can't find work in the outside world ( has he anywhere?) is a whole other thing.

So it has nothing to do with the school. USC has it's share (most likely more) of guys who just couldn't cut it in the real world so not anything against ND

Last edited by a moderator:

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you need a simpler explanation and in context.

Getting a job at your old school. Most of the time is a good thing. But the circumstances are not always equal. Getting hired at your alma mater to run the entire athletic department after a successful career as a lawyer is one thing . Getting hired at a lowly position in the athletic dept when you can't find work in the outside world ( has he anywhere?) is a whole other thing.

So it has nothing to do with the school. USC has it's share (most likely more) of guys who just couldn't cut it in the real world so not anything against ND

Right. It has nothing to do with the school. Let's see... SC guy does it = good. ND guy does it = bad.

Now I understand.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Sour grapes. You do realize the players got suspened which means they didn't play right? And they still won. I think you're just mad because your " "decided schematic advantage" didn't work out . He won in college he won in the pros . Face it he's a good coach.

Yes they were not in the game and still won, but they were on the field during the season changing the outcomes of those games and the season, because I don't think they beat the 49ers if they are playing in San Francisco.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. It has nothing to do with the school. Let's see... SC guy does it = good. ND guy does it = bad.

Now I understand.

Wow you're pretty dense.

"USC guy does it" The "it" Pat Haden did was leave behind a job as managing partner at a prestigious law firm to become athletic director at USC

"ND does it" The "it" Chris Zorich did was get his one and (15 years later his only) job so low that it doesn't even get mentioned in most articles about his life.

So two very different "its" . The only thing in common is that the jobs were at their old schools.
I entered the Marine Corps as a private. There was a four star General running the Corps. We were both in the Marines , that's the only thing we had in common.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're pretty dense.

"USC guy does it" The "it" Pat Haden did was leave behind a job as managing partner at a prestigious law firm to become athletic director at USC

"ND does it" The "it" Chris Zorich did was get his one and (15 years later his only) job so low that it doesn't even get mentioned in most articles about his life.

So two very different "its" . The only thing in common is that the jobs were at their old schools.
I entered the Marine Corps as a private. There was a four star General running the Corps. We were both in the Marines , that's the only thing we had in common.

You're the one who brought this up. I'm guessing that you forgot that you had ex-athletes working in your athletic department as well. Don't get upset because we're simply pointing out the facts.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who brought this up. I'm guessing that you forgot that you had ex-athletes working in your athletic department as well. Don't get upset because we're simply pointing out the facts.

That "it" was Chris Zorich getting a handout job at the ND athletic dept. A "job" so low you can hardly find mention of it anywhere and when you do find it there's no mention of what he actually did or the title. You were the one to compare it to Pat Haden going to run the USC athletic department ( you know, be the boss of everyone in that dept).
Two ex players working at their old schools. That's where the comparison stops and apparently your ability to comprehend any further.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "it" was Chris Zorich getting a handout job at the ND athletic dept. A "job" so low you can hardly find mention of it anywhere and when you do find it there's no mention of what he actually did or the title. You were the one to compare it to Pat Haden going to run the USC athletic department ( you know, be the boss of everyone in that dept).
Two ex players working at their old schools. That's where the comparison stops and apparently your ability to comprehend any further.

Of course, it may be that moving up the organization at SC is a lot easier than moving up the organization at ND. Are you saying that had Zorich gone to SC, he wouldn't be at the same level as Haden.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, it may be that moving up the organization at SC is a lot easier than moving up the organization at ND. Are you saying that had Zorich gone to SC, he wouldn't be at the same level as Haden.

Well, Mr Zorich didn't go to USC he went to Notre dame , has a degree from Notre dame . Growing up in Chicago he didn't even know where Notre dame University was located so I doubt he could have found his way to USC without divine intervention. As for your question I'd say most people would laugh that you even asked it, and if you can't see why then there's little hope for you. If you really want me to answer that then here it is. I doubt there's a school anywhere that could make Mr Zorich a Rhodes scholar and someone that can become managing partner at a prestigious law firm and also be the athletic director of a major university. If Pat Haden had gone to Notre Dame there's no doubt in my mind he would have become just as successful as he is now. If you want to turn any of what I just wrote as some sort of snub against Notre dame then you're just blind and biased.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Mr Zorich didn't go to USC he went to Notre dame , has a degree from Notre dame . Growing up in Chicago he didn't even know where Notre dame University was located so I doubt he could have found his way to USC without divine intervention. As for your question I'd say most people would laugh that you even asked it, and if you can't see why then there's little hope for you. If you really want me to answer that then here it is. I doubt there's a school anywhere that could make Mr Zorich a Rhodes scholar and someone that can become managing partner at a prestigious law firm and also be the athletic director of a major university. If Pat Haden had gone to Notre Dame there's no doubt in my mind he would have become just as successful as he is now. If you want to turn any of what I just wrote as some sort of snub against Notre dame then you're just blind and biased.

I know, it's always just a little different when your guy does it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, it's always just a little different when your guy does it.

"Are you saying that had Zorich gone to SC, he wouldn't be at the same level as Haden."

Pretty sure you asked that question. Pretty sure I answered it. If you still don't get it then I'm sorry I guess you never will. :laugh3:. Hopefully you're just playing dumb.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you two still bickering?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Are you saying that had Zorich gone to SC, he wouldn't be at the same level as Haden."

Pretty sure you asked that question. Pretty sure I answered it. If you still don't get it then I'm sorry I guess you never will. :laugh3:. Hopefully you're just playing dumb.

I'm saying we will never know. You're the one who said working for your team's athletic department is a sign of failure, now you're backtracking. You started backtracking as soon as we pointed out that one of your players did the same thing.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you two still bickering?

Yes, we are. But I'm just trying to point out the inconsistencies in his position. He changes his arguments depending on if we are talking about an SC player or an ND player.