• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is possibly one of those "But I didn't know it was happening" defenses. Occasionally the NCAA comes back with a "yes, but you should have known what was happening". ("lack of institutional control" ring a bell?) Both our schools have been caught in that situation.

I don't know much about this particular case other than a tutor was paid for to help the kid pass some test and people think the assistant foot the bill. The kid never qualified I guess. Do I think he did it? I had only heard his name before at Cal and that he was a great recruiter. But from comments people have made ( Cal people and Washington people)I'm glad he's not on the staff. To be honest though. Some one paying for a tutor to help a kid pass a test to get into college call me crazy but that would be way down on my list of evil going on in college football.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on what site you look at Notre Dame is still ahead of USC.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on what site you look at Notre Dame is still ahead of USC.

I only use rivals so ND got there's (ranking) with more players which gives them more points. Star average USC is ahead and potential game changers I think USC got more (just my opinion) . not that I think Rivals are much better but scouts hands out five stars like candy and I don't follow 247 so I don't know how they get their rankings and ESPN has too much invested to not be biased. If you guys filled your need that's all that counts. I kept reading you guys really needed D line help did you address that or did you get prospects?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame loaded up on O-Line and the D-Line. They landed 3 DT's 2 4 stars and one mammoth 3 star, and 5 DE's 1 4 star, and 4 3 stars several high 3 stars, some will play rush Linebacker. They landed 4 O-Lineman, 3 4 stars and 1 3 star. It wasn't a sexy recruiting class at the skill positions but they did land a lot of talent where you need to win, in the trenches. Also Justin Brent is a freshman that looks like a 5th year college senior physically and has been very impressive as an EE.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about this particular case other than a tutor was paid for to help the kid pass some test and people think the assistant foot the bill. The kid never qualified I guess. Do I think he did it? I had only heard his name before at Cal and that he was a great recruiter. But from comments people have made ( Cal people and Washington people)I'm glad he's not on the staff. To be honest though. Some one paying for a tutor to help a kid pass a test to get into college call me crazy but that would be way down on my list of evil going on in college football.

Or possibly the "tutor" just happens to look a lot like the athlete. And the "athlete" just happens to have a great test day and his SAT score just happens to magically jumps by 500 points. That's money well spent by the recruiter. And easy money for the tutor. No one gets hurt. And the head coach has plausible deniability for the whole thing.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does a USC fan come to the Notre Dame board and start a discussion on whether or not USC is a scumbag program?

Just curious

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does a USC fan come to the Notre Dame board and start a discussion on whether or not USC is a scumbag program?

Just curious

Probably because the USC board is a dead zone.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or possibly the "tutor" just happens to look a lot like the athlete. And the "athlete" just happens to have a great test day and his SAT score just happens to magically jumps by 500 points. That's money well spent by the recruiter. And easy money for the tutor. No one gets hurt. And the head coach has plausible deniability for the whole thing.

That's pretty funny . Some one who just happens to look like the athlete for an ONLINE course and tutoring. I'm sure his school teachers wouldn't know it's not him when he shows up to take his tests. LOL. You must have been the guy showing E. Golson how to pass his classes .To think if he wouldn't have gotten caught you would have had a starting QB who really shouldnt have been playing or be in school.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious

Pretty sure recruiting was the topic being discussed when 7478irsh brought up Tosh Lupoi and his problems with the NCAA thus he "started discussion"

Do you read the posts or just see USC and jump to your own premature conclusion? Just curious.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure recruiting was the topic being discussed when 7478irsh brought up Tosh Lupoi and his problems with the NCAA thus he "started discussion"

Do you read the posts or just see USC and jump to your own premature conclusion? Just curious.

I think it was you coming here, and mentioning something along the lines of USC having a better class.

My question is, why don't you discuss that "better class" on the USC board?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny . Some one who just happens to look like the athlete for an ONLINE course and tutoring. I'm sure his school teachers wouldn't know it's not him when he shows up to take his tests. LOL. You must have been the guy showing E. Golson how to pass his classes .To think if he wouldn't have gotten caught you would have had a starting QB who really shouldnt have been playing or be in school.

We are not sc, a dance class isn't enough to qualify to play.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. You might need one to keep Mr, Golson eligible .

You're talking about a player who helped the Irish get to a National Championship, then suspended the following season.

USC would have just covered it up, and let him play on.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. You might need one to keep Mr, Golson eligible .

No, we make our players go to actual classes. If they can't deal with the rules, they can transfer to a school where dance classes are enough to keep you eligible.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about a player who helped the Irish get to a National Championship, then suspended the following season.

USC would have just covered it up, and let him play on.

Umm news to Chicagoirish there have been plenty of players suspended for the season because of grades at USC . So if one was caught cheating I doubt they would cover it up.
7478 Matt needed two credits to graduate so he took a class for his future at dancing with the stars. Two credit class when that's all you need to graduate or cheating . Hmmmm somehow I think if the USC player was the one cheating you'd think that was a bigger deal.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm news to Chicagoirish there have been plenty of players suspended for the season because of grades at USC . So if one was caught cheating I doubt they would cover it up.
7478 Matt needed two credits to graduate so he took a class for his future at dancing with the stars. Two credit class when that's all you need to graduate or cheating . Hmmmm somehow I think if the USC player was the one cheating you'd think that was a bigger deal.

I think you're missing my point. ND doesn't have dance classes for credit. If an ND student needed two credits to graduate he'd have to take a real class.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I found about the easiest classes at ND. Oh yeah overall not so easy.

philosophy (PHIL)
political science (POLS)
psychology (PSY)
sociology (SOC)
anthropology (ANTH)

These were rated the easiest at ND would be Top 5 classes at most colleges.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Brent is already at 205LBS with very low Body Fat. Kid is going to be a Beast. They are comparing him to M. Floyd. Right now 6'3 205LBS.

Floyd was 225 as a Sr. Freshmen he is was 6'3 195LBS.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brent is ranked as the top player in Indiana by 247Sports, which gives Notre Dame the Hoosier State’s top prospect for the third consecutive season. He's considered to be one of the 100 best prospects in the country this year. His climb in national acclaim came later than most. He got there with an indefatigable work ethic and a dedicated supporting cast.

I thought this was interesting that ND has landed the Top player from the Hoosier state 3 years in a row. Keep it going next year. Who is the top player this year?