• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reasons why I think the Pacers "could" win 40 games...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to assist/turnover ratio, Oladipo is DEAD LAST amongst SG in the league.

But a basketball genius like yourself already knew that, right?

I really don't care where he ranks in that. He isn't a PG.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking account of his poor assist/turnover ratio. Or turnovers in general.

But that would disprove your point, right?

It is like talking to a brick wall. Last thing I am saying to you, maybe ever.

Assist to TO ratio has absolutely nothing to do with scoring efficiency.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is like talking to a brick wall. Last thing I am saying to you, maybe ever.

Assist to TO ratio has absolutely nothing to do with scoring efficiency.
This feels like common sense if you watch basketball enough.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are going round and round and it's making me dizzy.

@Shaqdaddy11 is correct.

He is averaging as many turnovers as he is assists and that's not good no matter what position you play.

But, @bksballer89 is correct about his original post. What he said is factual and indisputable thru 5 games.

Olidipo has been sensational and is tops in efficiency. Using his to/assist ratio to try and discredit such a simple post makes no sense in this particular debate.

He's not a pg. So, it isn't that big of a surprise that he is only averaging 2.8 dimes.

Bradley Beal 2.8, Klay Thompson 2.8.

All play next to a guy with high assist numbers.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to my world.
chasing-tail-1.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The easiest way to settle this is using per.

Player efficiency rating takes every category being debated into consideration and Olidipo is still ranked tops among SG's even with a 1/1 tunover/assist ratio.

PER takes into account accomplishments, such as field goals, free throws, 3-pointers, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals, and negative results, such as missed shots, turnovers and personal fouls. The formula adds positive stats and subtracts negative ones through a statistical point value system. The rating for each player is then adjusted to a per-minute basis so that, for example, substitutes can be compared with starters in playing time debates. It is also adjusted for the team's pace. In the end, one number sums up the players' statistical accomplishments for that season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels like common sense if you watch basketball enough.

One would think.

Common sense isn't always so common around here though. At least not with some people.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The easiest way to settle this is using per.

Player efficiency rating takes every category being debated into consideration and Olidipo is still ranked tops among SG's even with a 1/1 tunover/assist ratio.

PER takes into account accomplishments, such as field goals, free throws, 3-pointers, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals, and negative results, such as missed shots, turnovers and personal fouls. The formula adds positive stats and subtracts negative ones through a statistical point value system. The rating for each player is then adjusted to a per-minute basis so that, for example, substitutes can be compared with starters in playing time debates. It is also adjusted for the team's pace. In the end, one number sums up the players' statistical accomplishments for that season.

Yeah, PER is a good stat as long as you understand it's limits. It really does not punish enough for missed field goals and TOs, IMO, so it tends to overinflate inefficient stat stuffers. It is still probably the best number that I am aware of, but you still have to look at the underlying numbers to see the entire picture.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, PER is a good stat as long as you understand it's limits. It really does not punish enough for missed field goals and TOs, IMO, so it tends to overinflate inefficient stat stuffers. It is still probably the best number that I am aware of, but you still have to look at the underlying numbers to see the entire picture.
All very true.

Which, in fairness, is part of shaqdaddy's argument against Olidipo.

Well, the to's.

His fg% is solid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All very true.

Which, in fairness, is part of shaqdaddy's argument against Olidipo.

Well, the to's.

His fg% is solid.

The TOs, sure.

But damn.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are doing the exact same thing that I was and you can't even see it. You are so dug in now arguing about a semantically detail that has nothing to do with the original point. And you have been doing it for 2 pages.

No, actually I haven't and I'm not. I'm just pointing out how you have, on many occasions, called out players putting up good stats on shit team as stat padding and then, when someone you don't like uses the same comments...you move the goalposts. Not to mention you're condescending tone.

And no one picked a fight with you. They disagreed with you. You need to learn the difference.

It's really that simple.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really wanna start with this Hurricane type bullshit posting?

So you don't defend lakers fans when they're in debates with fans of another teams? You're doing it right now on the rookies thread as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF always defend lakers fans in debates with other fans. He did the same thing on the rookie thread with a sixers fan. This isn't new for him. He defend lakers posters all the time.

You're full of shit. This kind of Hurricane bullshit posting is going to get you treated like him.

You've never once complained when I have backed up you and other Heat fans. Not once. Now, because I don't agree with you, it's because you're not a Lakers fan.

How typical of you. First you say, that Shaqdaddy isn't worth responding to and you aren't going to anymore. Only to continue responding.

Then, I am just backing up Shaqdaddy because she's a Lakers fan and not because I disagree with you.

In short, you have no response, so you resort to this kind of bullshit to try and save face.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't defend lakers fans when they're in debates with fans of another teams? You're doing it right now on the rookies thread as well.

If I disagree with them, I say so. If I don't, I also say so. When was the last time you complained that I stick up for Heat fans (which I do and have many times)?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're full of shit. This kind of Hurricane bullshit posting is going to get you treated like him.

You've never once complained when I have backed up you and other Heat fans. Not once. Now, because I don't agree with you, it's because you're not a Lakers fan.

How typical of you. First you say, that Shaqdaddy isn't worth responding to and you aren't going to anymore. Only to continue responding.

Then, I am just backing up Shaqdaddy because she's a Lakers fan and not because I disagree with you.

In short, you have no response, so you resort to this kind of bullshit to try and save face.

You're missing my point. When a lakers fan is involved in a debate, you defend them. This isn't saying you don't back other fans in other debates that doesn't include lakers fan.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, actually I haven't and I'm not. I'm just pointing out how you have, on many occasions, called out players putting up good stats on shit team as stat padding and then, when someone you don't like uses the same comments...you move the goalposts. Not to mention you're condescending tone.

And no one picked a fight with you. They disagreed with you. You need to learn the difference.

It's really that simple.

I am going to say I think one more time.

It about context. Nobody is saying Oladipo is great or better than anybody else. When that talk starts, I will be first in line countering it.

Not the same. Not even close.

You still have not answered the question. Do you think Oladipo is off to a bad start? If not, then I really don't know why you are here. You are just being difficult for no reason and that makes you look like an ass.