• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reasons why I think the Pacers "could" win 40 games...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in other words, he's stat padding. He's a solid player putrting up nimbers on a shit team. Nice try at moving the goalposts.

As to the bold, you may not have started, but you sure have added to it and made yourself look like an ass for your trouble.

And this was after saying you weren't going to respond to her anymore.

You know what, I don't respond well when trolls like @Shaqdaddy11 pick fights with me. I can own that.

But you are doing the exact same thing that I was and you can't even see it. You are so dug in now arguing about a semantically detail that has nothing to do with the original point. And you have been doing it for 2 pages.

So maybe you and I have a differnet definition of stat padding. Of course Oladipo's numbers wouldn't be this good on a better team, but the other thing is that playing alongside Russ in OKC was a horrible fit for him. He is a slashing wing who needs the ball in his hands.

Now, the all important question. Do you think Oladipo has played well to start the season? Can you even argue that he hasn't? Stat padding or no. Because Shaq daddy's position was that he hasn't.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed that you can't see your own hypocrisy.

I am no hypocrite.

As soon as people start saying that "Oladipo is better than player X because of his scoring average", that is when "stat padding" becomes relevant. It isn't relevant here. The discussion was about whether he was playing well. Are you suggesting that he isn't playing well? Or were you bored and simply looking for an argument today?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, I don't respond well when trolls like @Shaqdaddy11 pick fights with me. I can own that.

But you are doing the exact same thing that I was and you can't even see it. You are so dug in now arguing about a semantically detail that has nothing to do with the original point. And you have been doing it for 2 pages.

So maybe you and I have a differnet definition of stat padding. Of course Oladipo's numbers wouldn't be this good on a better team, but the other thing is that playing alongside Russ in OKC was a horrible fit for him. He is a slashing wing who needs the ball in his hands.

Now, the all important question. Do you think Oladipo has played well to start the season? Can you even argue that he hasn't? Stat padding or no. Because Shaq daddy's position was that he hasn't.

He will claim you asked a stupid question I honestly think he is just arguing to back up his laker fan. I don't think he get involved if that poster was a fan of another team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start to the season for Oladipo. Been pretty efficient the last few games

Just a reminder of the quote that got it all started.

Two questions based on the post that started the pointless argument.

1) Is it not a good/great start for Oladipo 5 games into the season?

2) Was he not efficient in the pacers last 2 games?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will claim you asked a stupid question I honestly think he is just arguing to back up his laker fan. I don't think he get involved if that poster was a fan of another team.

You've been hanging out with todd too much.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder of the quote that got it all started.

Two questions based on the post that started the pointless argument.

1) Is it not a good/great start for Oladipo 5 games into the season?

2) Was he not efficient in the pacers last 2 games?

When pointing out that Russell Westbrook averaged a triple-double, you said:

There is more to basketball than points, rebounds, and assist......

Yet you're praising Oladipo for having an AMAZING start purely for his scoring...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think this is a "fight"?!?

This is you getting your panties in a bunch when someone disagrees with you.

Funny how someone like me who apparently is trolling and knows nothing about basketball has someone to back me up on everything I said.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet you're praising Oladipo for having an AMAZING start purely for his scoring...

You're bringing up an irrelevant post from another thread that had nothing to do with this thread. Way to go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think this is a "fight"?!?

This is you getting your panties in a bunch when someone disagrees with you.

Funny how someone like me who apparently is trolling and knows nothing about basketball has someone to back me up on everything I said.

You have one person to back you up.....and we all know why

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're bringing up an irrelevant post from another thread that had nothing to do with this thread. Way to go.

It's only irrelevant to you because it proves you wrong.

You claiming Oladipo had an amazing start, only because he put up good scoring figures on a weak team when just a few days ago you claim there's more to basketball that scoring, rebounding an assists.

Let's bring up his 'efficiency' and see how good he is then.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only irrelevant to you because it proves you wrong.

You claiming Oladipo had an amazing start, only because he put up good scoring figures on a weak team when just a few days ago you claim there's more to basketball that scoring, rebounding an assists.

Let's bring up his 'efficiency' and see how good he is then.

He's shooting 50% from the field and 44% from 3 on the season. If that's not efficient for a SG then I don't know what is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. He isn't.

He was praising Oladipo for having an amazing start because of his scoring efficiency. Very big difference there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is, todd. Sad that this is the only argument you have.

TF always defend lakers fans in debates with other fans. He did the same thing on the rookie thread with a sixers fan. This isn't new for him. He defend lakers posters all the time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He isn't.

He was praising Oladipo for having an amazing start because of his scoring efficiency. Very big difference there.

Not taking account of his poor assist/turnover ratio. Or turnovers in general.

But that would disprove your point, right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF always defend lakers fans in debates with other fans. He did the same thing on the rookie thread with a sixers fan. This isn't new for him. He defend lakers posters all the time.

Or he just points out the posters who are full of shit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking account of his poor assist/turnover ratio. Or turnovers in general.

But that would disprove your point, right?

Bringing assist/turnover ratio for a SG is stupid. A SG primary job is to not pass. Good luck finding any SG with a good assist/turnover ratio.

There is a reason most 2 guards doesn't have avg 5+ APG. That isn't their primary job.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing assist/turnover ratio for a SG is stupid. A SG primary job is to not pass. Good luck finding any SG with a good assist/turnover ratio.

There is a reason most 2 guards doesn't have avg 5+ APG. That isn't their primary job.

Currently James Harden is the only SG to avg more than 4.6 APG and those who watch basketball knows he plays a lot of PG especially since Paul is hurt so he doesn't really count.

Last year only Harden and Batum avg more than 4 APG at the SG position and once again Harden should not count because he played PG last year for Houston so yes bringing up assist-turnover ratio as a major arguing point for any position but PG is pretty dumb.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When it comes to assist/turnover ratio, Oladipo is DEAD LAST amongst SG in the league.

But a basketball genius like yourself already knew that, right?