• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

realy how good is ND

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok I have not seen any ND games has any one seen them play yet .

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok I have not seen any ND games has any one seen them play yet .

Watched them lose to Michigan at Michigan. But I don't know how good Michigan really is because they went out the next week and almost lost to Akron. From what I watched ND looks like they aren't nearly as good on defense as they where a year ago. They do have some big DT's that will be hard to run against. The offense looks about like what you would expect with Reese running it. It has its moments but they always seem to get balanced out by the untimely int.

soonerinark

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good enough to beat us if we dont pressure their qb and/or, we turn the ball over. I just think it will be one of those games that 3 or 4 plays will make the difference and hopefully we finally make them.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after watching them again, they don't look all that good.
but neither do we.

flip a coin.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched them lose to Michigan at Michigan. But I don't know how good Michigan really is because they went out the next week and almost lost to Akron. From what I watched ND looks like they aren't nearly as good on defense as they where a year ago. They do have some big DT's that will be hard to run against. The offense looks about like what you would expect with Reese running it. It has its moments but they always seem to get balanced out by the untimely int.

That's a pretty accurate assessment.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen OK play this season. I know they haven't played any tough opponents yet. I would say that most ND fans are disappointed by the play of the Irish (particularly, the defense) this season. I would like to think our defense played better against Michigan State, but I realize the Spartans have a weak offense. ND has athletes, but we haven't played impressively. OK will be a tough game for the Irish and I think we will have to play better than we have to get the win.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not seen OK play this season. I know they haven't played any tough opponents yet. I would say that most ND fans are disappointed by the play of the Irish (particularly, the defense) this season. I would like to think our defense played better against Michigan State, but I realize the Spartans have a weak offense. ND has athletes, but we haven't played impressively. OK will be a tough game for the Irish and I think we will have to play better than we have to get the win.

How good is ND's home field advantage? What I mean by this is in the past 5 seasons how often does someone come to your house and walked away with a win? I would think it would be similar to OU's where you can count on being about a touchdown favorite no matter who is coming to play. I worry about our young starters on the road in that type of environment for the first time. I think Bell will be okay but some of the WR's it will be the first time playing in an away game atmosphere like ND. I also am not sure how our defense holds up to your big offensive line. We are really thin at DT. We have speed at all positions but being fast doesn't help you much when a 330 lb O-line is forcing you three yards off the ball. In last years game ND's O-line was blowing OU's D-line completely off the ball. If that happens again OU could be in for a long day.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say our home field advantage is not as great as some other teams. With BK as head coach, we have suffered humiliating home losses and have had numerous close games against weak opponents at home. ND frequently plays flat at home while our opponents are fired up and play their best football of the year on ND's field. Last I heard, Irish football players cannot practice in the stadium so the players only see the field 6 times in a season.

This Irish team is not nearly at the level that last year's team was at this time. The defense and running game are way off. Our offensive line hasn't pushed anyone around yet and the running backs have had no daylight. The Irish need to get a lot better soon to get a win against the Sooners.

wardogharry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good assessments all the way around from both the OU and ND fans. Neither of these teams are world beaters imo. I'll be at the game on Saturday hoping for OU to get over the hump....not just against ND but also to get back a little road swagger. And to any OU fans in the Chicago area, if you want to go to the game PM me...I have one extra and it is in the OU section. Boomer Sooner. .

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just ask yourself.....
when was the last time Bob beat a team that was better than we were?

then ask yourself....
how many times have I seen Bob get outcoached by a better coaching staff/inferior team and lose?

now, get worried....

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just ask yourself.....
when was the last time Bob beat a team that was better than we were?

then ask yourself....
how many times have I seen Bob get outcoached by a better coaching staff/inferior team and lose?

now, get worried....

good point. but i still fill ou will win this one the players seem to have a lot more fight in them this year .

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we're getting ready to find out.
Find out about a lot of things.

Boomer Sooner

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know history is against it, But i think ND is wildly overrated. I think Okie rolls

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then ask yourself....

now, get worried....

Same could be said here for Brian Kelly.