• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the fan consensus would be to play that game at Lane. But it would be acceptable for them to play at Fedex as long as VT is making a ton of money. NOt like the Cincinatti crap from this past year. WTF was up with that? Cincinatti the home team???

Cincinnati was the home team because we were originally scheduled to have a home and home with them. The game in Cincy was the one that was pushed to allow the first VT/Bama Chick-fil-a kickoff. It then got moved to a 'neutral' site at FedEx, so Cincy was still considered home.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy's stadium only holds like 35,000 so it was a no brainer for them to sell the game money wise.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still holding out for the B1G although it sounds like as close to 0% as possible. really want nothing to do with the SEC personally, but we will see what happens. hopefully the ACC can negotiate a better TV deal, i'd prefer that over the SEC all day.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be anywhere near m&t bank stadium after dark.....

[youtube]%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTraSFcARVwM[/youtube]

Why didn't my video go.

(cough cough) I said I DO NOT want to be near M&T Bank stadium after dark!

still holding out for the B1G although it sounds like as close to 0% as possible. really want nothing to do with the SEC personally, but we will see what happens. hopefully the ACC can negotiate a better TV deal, i'd prefer that over the SEC all day.

I'm with you and I will get in touch with my B1G contact this week sometime to see if he has heard anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st choice is the ACC as a good football conference.
2nd choice is the SEC as a good football conference
3rd choice is the ACC as a mediocre football conference
4th choice is the Big 10.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johns Hopkins university president announces they will be considering a major conference affiliation for lacrosse... Something I've been watching for awhile. And something thts pretty big actually. They will join the big ten. And this adds another lacrosse power to the big ten. UVA, UNC, and duke to the big ten becomes that much more likely of happening.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mean to sound doom and gloom, but I see zero way the b-ball program can be competitive with the addition of these other teams. JJ will have to recruit and coach out of his mind to even be in the upper third year in and out.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is that we will soon be recruiting against schools like Uga, auburn, South Carolina, etc.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johns Hopkins university president announces they will be considering a major conference affiliation for lacrosse... Something I've been watching for awhile. And something thts pretty big actually. They will join the big ten. And this adds another lacrosse power to the big ten. UVA, UNC, and duke to the big ten becomes that much more likely of happening.

what do you mean "another lacrosse power" in the big ten? penn state, ohio state, maryland, and rutgers are the only big ten/future big ten teams even with lacrosse programs. the big ten doesn't even sponsor lacrosse, they play in other conferences. i can't imagine lacrosse driving conference expansion, especially when 2 current schools in that conference even carry lacrosse.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ge_Lacrosse_-_all_men's_D-I_locations.svg.png

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports like lacrosse are going to be bigger than you think in selling the total package. Lacrosse is sacred to UVA UNC and duke. Maryland as well. Trust.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Noone in the Big Ten outside of Maryland and Rutgers gives a shit about Lacrosse.

Not that I personally really care much about laX, but doesn't Notre Dame and Syracuse have very solid laX programs. Wouldn't that be a good selling point for Duke, UVA, and UNC to stay put??

I would say as far as conference affilation, the ACC has the best laX conference...hands down. Duke, UVA, UNC, ND, and 'Cuse are top 10 programs (not that there are that many programs). Throw BC, another NE school in that mix.

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't think that ONLY lacrosse would be a selling point but overall olympic/non-revenue sports will probably play into it ... and minus football and baseball, the B1G is a superior conference OVERALL to the SEC when it comes to sports. The Pac is as well

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say the big is overall better at sports. Track and field are better, and golf as well.swimming historically has been all SEC, but the big ten has recently made it about even.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the director's cup standings over the past few years, the Big10, ACC, SEC and Pac12 are all pretty even. Each conference has a few sports that other conferences really don't participate in though....Lacrosse, Hockey, Wrestling, Gymnastics, etc.