• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Funny, they did this after adding Maryland and Rutgers...

But seriously, I'd like to see the ACC eliminate games with FCS teams as well, although that would mean continuing to schedule Maryland...

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either read the article wrong, or you have no idea how our legal process works. The Maryland counter suit hasn't been dismissed. Nor is the counter suit really all that vital to the outcome of the case. in any case, what has been denied is Maryland's filing for the acc's lawsuit against UMD to be tossed out, on the grounds that the acc has no jurisdiction over something that is part of the sovereign state of Maryland, since UMD is a state-funded institution. It was a long shot, and really never had a chance of being held up. All this really tells us is that the Acc's suit is legal/constitutional. It has no bearing on the case, in terms of what will eventually be decided. Just allows the case to proceed.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You either read the article wrong, or you have no idea how our legal process works. The Maryland counter suit hasn't been dismissed. Nor is the counter suit really all that vital to the outcome of the case. in any case, what has been denied is Maryland's filing for the acc's lawsuit against UMD to be tossed out, on the grounds that the acc has no jurisdiction over something that is part of the sovereign state of Maryland, since UMD is a state-funded institution. It was a long shot, and really never had a chance of being held up. All this really tells us is that the Acc's suit is legal/constitutional. It has no bearing on the case, in terms of what will eventually be decided. Just allows the case to proceed.

I'm vaguely familiar with the legal process. MD's counter-suit in MD courts doesn't stand a chance in hell of mattering if there are valid proceedings in NC courts.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm vaguely familiar with the legal process. MD's counter-suit in MD courts doesn't stand a chance in hell of mattering if there are valid proceedings in NC courts.

The National Championship has a court now? :lol:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA and gt will be first to go I believe. Simply bc UNC and duke run the acc as it stands

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC here we come! OK, maybe that's premature. I would love nothing more than UVA to leave. That would be the kick in the pants our administration needs to jump to the SEC.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the UNC stuff is based on that asshat WVU fool. Nothing to see there. I will email my friend but he has stood by that it will depend in the outcome of the Maryland exit fee court case and that GT is next to go.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how could that be? The 2013 football schedule is already out, so this couldn't possibly include the 5 ACC-ND football games a year, but maybe basketball and/or some of the olympic sports? Football appears to be the only schedule that's out so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Big East" falling apart only impact's Notre Dame's non-football sports, so, I assume that is the case. And not football.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regarding football, here's an interesting article on how ACC-ND football scheduling might work out:
How The Notre Dame-ACC Football Schedule Rotation Can Work In The Early Years - BC Interruption

I agree that the football scheduling can't start until 2014. At that point... if you use the logic from the article above, by my count there would be 17 open slots (not 16 as the author said) between 2014 and 2019 for 10 ACC teams excluding BC, Syracuse, Pitt, and Miami (which already have 2 games against ND on the schedule in that timeframe). And Wake already has one scheduled, so if they take up another slot so that they have both home and away games, that leaves 16 slots for 9 ACC teams. This is close to giving each ACC team a home-away with ND, but not quite. ND could free up 2 extra slots (which would surprise me) or they could have 1 of the remaining ACC teams not play ND until 2020 (would surprise me even more) or 2 of the remaining ACC teams could only have 1 game against ND before 2020 (seems most likely). Here's hoping we're not one of those teams.

The other complicating factor is that ND will be providing the dates that are open, for the ACC to fill, so if they give dates that the ACC can't make work for everyone, someone will get shafted. Here's hoping that doesn't become an issue.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
regarding football, here's an interesting article on how ACC-ND football scheduling might work out:
How The Notre Dame-ACC Football Schedule Rotation Can Work In The Early Years - BC Interruption

I agree that the football scheduling can't start until 2014. At that point... if you use the logic from the article above, by my count there would be 17 open slots (not 16 as the author said) between 2014 and 2019 for 10 ACC teams excluding BC, Syracuse, Pitt, and Miami (which already have 2 games against ND on the schedule in that timeframe). And Wake already has one scheduled, so if they take up another slot so that they have both home and away games, that leaves 16 slots for 9 ACC teams. This is close to giving each ACC team a home-away with ND, but not quite. ND could free up 2 extra slots (which would surprise me) or they could have 1 of the remaining ACC teams not play ND until 2020 (would surprise me even more) or 2 of the remaining ACC teams could only have 1 game against ND before 2020 (seems most likely). Here's hoping we're not one of those teams.

The other complicating factor is that ND will be providing the dates that are open, for the ACC to fill, so if they give dates that the ACC can't make work for everyone, someone will get shafted. Here's hoping that doesn't become an issue.

So basically everyone except Duke plays ND twice, while Duke makes the trip to South Bend and spares everyone from having to watch ND fans fill up Duke's stadium. Solved.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So basically everyone except Duke plays ND twice, while Duke makes the trip to South Bend and spares everyone from having to watch ND fans fill up Duke's stadium. Solved.

This is how it should be if someone gets shafted, but in reality it'll take an act of God to see ND in Lane Stadium. Maybe the new Pope will be a Hokie fan?

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is how it should be if someone gets shafted, but in reality it'll take an act of God to see ND in Lane Stadium. Maybe the new Pope will be a Hokie fan?

Weaver's going to sell that game to Snyder and FedEx. I've accepted it will happen.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Weaver's going to sell that game to Snyder and FedEx. I've accepted it will happen.

IDK... In the past i'd agree with you but i've heard that Weaver wants to get away from "neutral site" games in favor of 1 and 1's. Now i know FedEx isnt really neutral but...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK... In the past i'd agree with you but i've heard that Weaver wants to get away from "neutral site" games in favor of 1 and 1's. Now i know FedEx isnt really neutral but...

I am sure the fan consensus would be to play that game at Lane. But it would be acceptable for them to play at Fedex as long as VT is making a ton of money. NOt like the Cincinatti crap from this past year. WTF was up with that? Cincinatti the home team???

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This won't be a home and home thing. Will be a prime time or 330 game in either FedEx or mm&t bank stadium. (Baltimore ravens' stadium)

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am sure the fan consensus would be to play that game at Lane. But it would be acceptable for them to play at Fedex as long as VT is making a ton of money. NOt like the Cincinatti crap from this past year. WTF was up with that? Cincinatti the home team???

VT had nothing to do with that. Cincy had the home game and sold it to Danny.

I would love to play ND at Lane but more than likely Danny will make the call to Weaver and no one will have the foresight to keep Weaver from taking the call and that will be that.