• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reacher

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really looking forward to this

It’s my kind of simple popcorn tv

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trash that they are not releasing it all at once.

Amazon seems to do that with a lot of shows. Where they release it all at once S1 and then dont for later seasons

Reacher is not a week to week show. Its dumb fun entertainment that is meant to be binged during a couple days of down time with no sports and likely hungover.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trash that they are not releasing it all at once.

Amazon seems to do that with a lot of shows. Where they release it all at once S1 and then dont for later seasons

Reacher is not a week to week show. Its dumb fun entertainment that is meant to be binged during a couple days of down time with no sports and likely hungover.

I would say the same about invincible and they’re dropping it with months in between

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the same about invincible and they’re dropping it with months in between

Invincible is definitely one still more designed for weekly breaks. The full mid season break thing is mental though. Not sure the thought process aside from holidays but that doesnt effect streaming.

My biggest comp tho would be a show like The Boys and Reacher. The boys started with a full first season drop then went to the 3-1-1...format

Of course Id prefer the full drop for that as well. But the weekly wait for a show like the boys makes sense. A lot more moving parts, cliff hangers and can spark weekly fan discussions.

Aint nobody spending a week talking about reacher. Or a Jack Ryan or that decent Chris Pratt show. These type of spy/espionage/former military shows are meant to keep clicking "play next" as long as you want. They are generic, forumlaic and fun.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted something on NFL general in response to the new season. Only have watched 1st episode of Season 2, it seemed a bit meh, but will continue watching cuz I’ve read all the Reacher books at least twice, some 3-4 times … lol. Seems that they have it down pat because the screenplay in series is very aligned to the books, so far.

I’ve always wanted a Travis McGee series, based on books by John MacDonald (RIP) great writer and probably one of the fathers of modern day thrillers. According to Lee Child (author of Reacher books), Travis was a big part of inspiration for the Reacher character.

If you have not read the Travis McGee books, I highly recommend them. MacDonald had such talent for making characters come alive on paper, and they would make exceptional material for a TV series. From what I’ve heard, his heirs or whomever has the rights to the books, have been approached for making a series, but so far they have declined. It’s a shame, as it would be an instant hit, IMO.

treyforuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted something on NFL general in response to the new season. Only have watched 1st episode of Season 2, it seemed a bit meh, but will continue watching cuz I’ve read all the Reacher books at least twice, some 3-4 times … lol. Seems that they have it down pat because the screenplay in series is very aligned to the books, so far.

I’ve always wanted a Travis McGee series, based on books by John MacDonald (RIP) great writer and probably one of the fathers of modern day thrillers. According to Lee Child (author of Reacher books), Travis was a big part of inspiration for the Reacher character.

If you have not read the Travis McGee books, I highly recommend them. MacDonald had such talent for making characters come alive on paper, and they would make exceptional material for a TV series. From what I’ve heard, his heirs or whomever has the rights to the books, have been approached for making a series, but so far they have declined. It’s a shame, as it would be an instant hit, IMO.
Always thought Tom Selleck should have played McGee...30 years ago.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent. Good choice, a few years ago it could have been Liam Neeson (sp) but I think he kind of old now.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The characterization in the McGee books jumps off the page and slaps you in the face. What about Meyer, genius writing.

I read a lot, and some of the best stories come from John D MacDonald. A master of the thriller, through words. Great artist in my book, may he RIP.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Reacher, looking good. There was doubt whether Season 2 would happen. Go for it, there is material for screen from like 10-15 Reacher books. I like that they are respecting the chronology. For sure it can be a great series for many years — 1 season per book

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Reacher, looking good. There was doubt whether Season 2 would happen. Go for it, there is material for screen from like 10-15 Reacher books. I like that they are respecting the chronology. For sure it can be a great series for many years — 1 season per book

Well there is no doubt about S3 because that was greenlit a few weeks ago.

I see s2 has very strong reviews. Ill dive in once all eps drop. Pumped though.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The characterization in the McGee books jumps off the page and slaps you in the face. What about Meyer, genius writing.

I read a lot, and some of the best stories come from John D MacDonald. A master of the thriller, through words. Great artist in my book, may he RIP.

I’ve read them all. I used to own them all, but somewhere along the way somebody borrowed them from me and never gave them back. Every McGee book has a colour in the title.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve read them all. I used to own them all, but somewhere along the way somebody borrowed them from me and never gave them back. Every McGee book has a colour in the title.
Yeah and some decent artwork under the title, good stuff. I switched to Kindle many years ago and donated most of my paperbacks. Have all the McGee and Reacher books on the Kindle now.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and some decent artwork under the title, good stuff. I switched to Kindle many years ago and donated most of my paperbacks. Have all the McGee and Reacher books on the Kindle now.

I prefer holding paper in my head when I’m reading. I spend enough time all day, looking at monitors and screens.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer holding paper in my head when I’m reading. I spend enough time all day, looking at monitors and screens.
Yeah I used to have hundreds of paperbacks, and when traveling it became a necessary nuisance to carry 3-4 books to read. And I’d always buy a couple more news ones on the way. Took up a lot of space and added weight, even so, swore I’d never use that Kindle thing … but here we are. You can have all your titles in one little gadget — actually don’t even carry that around anymore, use the Kindle app on mobile phone.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like it, easy to watch.

Sure it's bit cheesy and over top but so were novels, not everything needs a deep story and character building, pretty cool they got a T1000 in it

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit off topic, but another master of characterization is Ken Follet, he has some great sagas that take you through hundreds of years of history. They made a good mini-series of Pillars of the Earth, way back in VHS days, very good, but have not seen any follow up to that. Those books would make extraordinary TV series.