• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens cut Justin Forsett

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His only good season was when Kubiak was his Offensive Coordinator which is what he does for RB's, kind of figured he would flounder without him.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess they are really high on West and Dixon to let him go....didn't even seem like cutting him was a possibility the year since he fully recovered.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess they are really high on West and Dixon to let him go....didn't even seem like cutting him was a possibility the year since he fully recovered.

I predicted it a year ago - no surprise.

Dixon is going to be a good one - Forsett is no loss.....

Reactions: GNG

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted it a year ago - no surprise.

Dixon is going to be a good one - Forsett is no loss.....
Carefull, Forsett was a cap cut and rumor is he could be resigned by Ravens.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carefull, Forsett was a cap cut and rumor is he could be resigned by Ravens.

You could be right, but I would be surprised if Kubes don't grab him because I heard Hillman is injured and he would be insurance behind Anderson, plus he is one of his guys from Houston, and we all know how he likes to take everyone with him wherever he goes....
I have never been high on him but he is a high caliber man of integrity....I wish him well, except against us of course, then he is dead meat....
:lol:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that makes their RB depth:

1. Terrance West
2. Javorious Allen
3. Kenneth Dixon (injured)
4. ?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Terrance West
2. Javorious Allen
4. ?

Dixon is only supposed to be out 3 or 4 weeks, so they could bring Houston back to fill in or Forsett back if someone don't sign him....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forsett may be a nice fit on NE? BB has been bringing some guys in to take a look at. I wouldn't hate Forsett coming to NE on a one or two year deal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Terrance West
2. Javorious Allen
4. ?

Yeah with Dixon out for the first month I was a bit shocked by this one. Now maybe they are planning on re-signing him after the 1st week if nobody signs him since then the contract would not be fully guaranteed. Big risk though for a position that looks pretty thin.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, but I would be surprised if Kubes don't grab him because I heard Hillman is injured and he would be insurance behind Anderson, plus he is one of his guys from Houston, and we all know how he likes to take everyone with him wherever he goes....
I have never been high on him but he is a high caliber man of integrity....I wish him well, except against us of course, then he is dead meat....
:lol:

Hillman is not injured. Not sure where you heard that. They were trying to trade him today before cutting him. The Broncos right now really love their RB depth chart. Anderson is the clear starter but they have been raving about Booker all off season. Bibbs is our 3rd guy that has shown well as a runner/receiver type player and a special teams guy. That was why they cut Hillman because he was terrible at Special Teams and you like that 3rd RB on the roster to at least contribute on special teams if you keep them.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hillman is not injured. Not sure where you heard that. They were trying to trade him today before cutting him. The Broncos right now really love their RB depth chart. Anderson is the clear starter but they have been raving about Booker all off season. Bibbs is our 3rd guy that has shown well as a runner/receiver type player and a special teams guy. That was why they cut Hillman because he was terrible at Special Teams and you like that 3rd RB on the roster to at least contribute on special teams if you keep them.

Can't remember where I saw that at but I saw after I posted that ,they cut him....
Seems like I heard he contributed well last yr and some liked him better than Anderson...I may be wrong about that but Kubes really likes using guys that are well schooled in his system.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember where I saw that at but I saw after I posted that ,they cut him....
Seems like I heard he contributed well last yr and some liked him better than Anderson...I may be wrong about that but Kubes really likes using guys that are well schooled in his system.....

Hillman ended the regular season as our top rusher in yards for the season. The problem though was that he wasn't a great fit for the ZBS. The ZBS is predicated on a runner going sideways for a bit but then sticking their foot in the ground and getting north and south. Hillman's plan was to always run as fast as he could for the edge and just hope he beat everybody there. So when it was open he had a big gain but what happened all too often is him going for 0 or negative yards quite often and putting us behind the 8-ball when it came to our drive.

Anderson though was our top RB last year and why he got the start in the playoffs. The issue though for him is he showed up to camp a bit out of shape then got hurt early on and struggled to get his body where it needed to be. The 2nd half of the season though I think he had the most rushing yards of any RB over the final 10 games of the season not named Peterson. Thankfully this year Anderson showed up at the same weight that he was in the Super Bowl and has been running hard. With Booker looking so good in training camp and the preseason it made cutting Hillman much easier. Hillman signing with the Broncos was more an insurance policy in case they didn't get somebody they really liked in the draft or if one of the top-2 guys went down during training camp/preseason.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, the guy is in his 9th season.

And coming off a serious injury. The only reason I question it is because of the depth at the position especially with Dixon out for a while. Starter goes down week 1 and they could be in some trouble.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And coming off a serious injury. The only reason I question it is because of the depth at the position especially with Dixon out for a while. Starter goes down week 1 and they could be in some trouble.

Ravens are already "in trouble"

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are already "in trouble"

Yea, their franchise qb got caught cheating in game and got suspended, denied it for a year and made total fools of their fans....OH WAIT !!!!....That was the low life Cheatriots, not the upstanding Ravens....

I%2Bhave%2Ba%2Bdream%2Bthat%2Bone%2Bday...%2Bthe%2BNew%2BEngland%2BPatriots%2Bcan%2Bwin%2Bwithout%2Bcheating.jpg
I don't think so Martin !!! :heh:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I read got him returning to Baltimore and starting sunday vs Buffalo

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I read got him returning to Baltimore and starting sunday vs Buffalo

You are correct, it's being reported by Jason Lacanfora that he will be resigned by tuesday and that it was a strategic move that Justin was fully aware of and on board with....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, it's being reported by Jason Lacanfora that he will be resigned by tuesday and that it was a strategic move that Justin was fully aware of and on board with....

So what does it help with if he is signing tomorrow? The contract would still be fully guaranteed since he would be on the opening day roster. If we are talking about a cheaper contract then just ask him to take a pay cut instead of cutting him. I'm just struggling to see the advantage. Now if you are talking signing him AFTER week 1's game then it makes more sense.