• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens are now the Super Bowl favorites in Vegas

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens should certainly be the favorites right now.

With that said, they really can make things easier for themselves if they can get that first seed. Otherwise, they could be seeing Mahomes in the divisional round and if they get by that game, travel to Foxboro. That's a tough path to the Super Bowl.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a great game I'm thinking. 49ers would make it a better game this time around

The 49ers are in Baltimore this week. If the weather holds we should get to see who's the better team on Sunday.

This is a "MUST" game for the Ravens and these are the games where Harbaugh has soiled his BVDs in the last several years. If the Ravens lose, they drop to 9-3 and they have to go to church every day and pray that the Patriots lose two of their last five. The Raven/49ers are playing at 1:00 and the pats/Texans are at 8:00 PM on Sunday. Either way, the Ravens have to hope that the Pats lose so that they have a chance at the #1 seed.
Nobody wants to play the Patriots in Foxboro in January, especially in a playoff game. The Ravens don't either.

The 49ers consider this a "MUST" game too. The last thing that they want is to lose and then end up tied with the Seahawks because they have to travel for the final game in Seattle and aa loss up there would gump them behind the Seahawks in the division and most likely out of a Bye.

This game has serious consequences for both teams.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are in Baltimore this week. If the weather holds we should get to see who's the better team on Sunday.

This is a "MUST" game for the Ravens and these are the games where Harbaugh has soiled his BVDs in the last several years. If the Ravens lose, they drop to 9-3 and they have to go to church every day and pray that the Patriots lose two of their last five. The Raven/49ers are playing at 1:00 and the pats/Texans are at 8:00 PM on Sunday. Either way, the Ravens have to hope that the Pats lose so that they have a chance at the #1 seed.
Nobody wants to play the Patriots in Foxboro in January, especially in a playoff game. The Ravens don't either.

The 49ers consider this a "MUST" game too. The last thing that they want is to lose and then end up tied with the Seahawks because they have to travel for the final game in Seattle and aa loss up there would gump them behind the Seahawks in the division and most likely out of a Bye.

Winner of that game goes to Super Bowl imo

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's for sure the most exciting matchup so far this season. I'll have my popcorn. Actually, it will be morning for me, so I'll be enjoying oatmeal while I watch this one.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't really argue with the way they are playing right now

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever bet on sports (other than Fanduel fantasy games) so I don't understand what Ravens +300 means. So if I put $100 on the Ravens and they win the SB what would +300 pay?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens should certainly be the favorites right now.

With that said, they really can make things easier for themselves if they can get that first seed. Otherwise, they could be seeing Mahomes in the divisional round and if they get by that game, travel to Foxboro. That's a tough path to the Super Bowl.

Yep and having the tiebreaker over the Patriots helps but NE has the Texans then Chiefs but then they have 3 pretty likely W's with the Bills-Bengals-Dolphins. Only chance the Ravens catch them is if the Pats lose this week to the Texans or next week to the Chiefs imo

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever bet on sports (other than Fanduel fantasy games) so I don't understand what Ravens +300 means. So if I put $100 on the Ravens and they win the SB what would +300 pay?

Yes. And these odds are not fun, IMO, unless you are willing to part with a serious amount of cash and are certain that the Ravens have a significantly better than 25% chance of winning the Super Bowl.

I'd rather bet a small amount on the Vikings. Solid team that is pretty much a lock to make the playoffs and with some chance of getting a first round bye. 20 to 1 odds for them looks fun. Hell, putting a small amount on Raiders, Colts, Steelers, and Browns could be fun, too. One (maybe even 2) of those teams will make the playoffs, where anything can happen, and you're holding a ticket that pays 66 to 1 or 100 to 1.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would say that's fair. Pats O is mediocre and the Chiefs D is likewise mediocre; and the Chiefs have more banked losses as well.

2 seed is going to have a tough road to the SB compared to most 2 seeds.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And these odds are not fun, IMO, unless you are willing to part with a serious amount of cash and are certain that the Ravens have a significantly better than 25% chance of winning the Super Bowl.

I'd rather bet a small amount on the Vikings. Solid team that is pretty much a lock to make the playoffs and with some chance of getting a first round bye. 20 to 1 odds for them looks fun. Hell, putting a small amount on Raiders, Colts, Steelers, and Browns could be fun, too. One of those teams will make the playoffs, where anything can happen, and you're holding a ticket that pays 66 to 1 or 100 to 1.

Thanks I agree with you about risking my money on a team with higher odds but with a better payout, but that didn't actually answer my question. lol.

At +300 how much would I win if I placed a $100 bet and won?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks I agree with you about risking my money on a team with higher odds but with a better payout, but that didn't actually answer my question. lol.

At +300 how much would I win if I placed a $100 bet and won?

LOL. I thought I answered it in the very beginning when I said "Yes." You win 300. I must've misread you.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you stake $100, you'd get $400 back. Thus, you would've won $300.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I thought I answered it in the very beginning when I said "Yes." You win 300. I must've misread you.

No, I was asking what "+300" would pay on a $100 bet. So your saying it basically means 3 to 1 odds and therefore would pay $300? I guess that makes sense, but why doesn't Vegas just use "3 to 1" instead of "+300"?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was asking what "+300" would pay on a $100 bet. So your saying it basically means 3 to 1 odds and therefore would pay $300? I guess that makes sense, but why doesn't Vegas just use "3 to 1" instead of "+300"?

Not sure. Maybe it's to avoid confusion on whether $1 dollar would pay out $3 or whether you need to bet $3 to win $1.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Maybe it's to avoid confusion on whether $1 dollar would pay out $3 or whether you need to bet $3 to win $1.

Fuck. No wonder I don't bet with sports books.

giphy.gif

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And by the way, you can can win $10,000 on a $1 bet on the Dolphins. LMAO. Bad deal, though, because it would need to be a million to one payout in order for the odds to be fair.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck. No wonder I don't bet with sports books.

giphy.gif

Basically, if you bet on the Ravens now, you are saying that you are confident that they have better than 25% chance of winning the Super Bowl. There's probably a lot of people who feel that way, but that's not a fun bet, IMO.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are way too high.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not quite sure you understand "MUST" games. This isn't a must game for either the Ravens or the 49ers.

It would be great for the Ravens to have home field throughout, but it certainly isn't a must. The scary team for the Ravens is the Chiefs, simply because the Chiefs can outscore them.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, if you bet on the Ravens now, you are saying that you are confident that they have better than 25% chance of winning the Super Bowl. There's probably a lot of people who feel that way, but that's not a fun bet, IMO.
I agree. You gotta buy low on these props. I'm sure this is the worst time all year to take the Ravens. The Colts might be a good play right now because they have 2 "outs" to make the playoffs. They are in the wild card race but they are also only a game behind Houston.