• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rate This Team

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a keeper league, I inherited the worst team in the league. 12 team, head-to-head match -ups. We get 12 keepers so I kept

C- Buster Posey
1B Ike Davis
3B- Chase Headley
OF- Carlos Gonzalez
OF- Carlos Gomez
2B/3B- Trevor Ploufe
UTIL- Billy Butler
SP- C.C Sabathia
SP- Tommy Milone
SP- Jake Peavy
SP- Matt Latos
SP_ Matt Moore

And then drafted, in order.
SP- Matt Cain
OF- Josh Hamilton
RP- Jim Johnson
SS- Asdrubal Cabrera
2B- Anthony Rendon
RP- Bobby Parnell
OF- Christian Yelich
RP- Jose Veras
3B- Todd Frazier
SP- Jonathan Niese
C- Travis d'Arnaud
SS- Brad Miller
SP- Scott Kazmir

What do you guys think?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a keeper league, I inherited the worst team in the league. 12 team, head-to-head match -ups. We get 12 keepers so I kept

C- Buster Posey
1B Ike Davis
3B- Chase Headley
OF- Carlos Gonzalez
OF- Carlos Gomez
2B/3B- Trevor Ploufe
UTIL- Billy Butler
SP- C.C Sabathia
SP- Tommy Milone
SP- Jake Peavy
SP- Matt Latos
SP_ Matt Moore

And then drafted, in order.
SP- Matt Cain
OF- Josh Hamilton
RP- Jim Johnson
SS- Asdrubal Cabrera
2B- Anthony Rendon
RP- Bobby Parnell
OF- Christian Yelich
RP- Jose Veras
3B- Todd Frazier
SP- Jonathan Niese
C- Travis d'Arnaud
SS- Brad Miller
SP- Scott Kazmir

What do you guys think?

Honestly, given those keepers, you have no chance to contend this year. Your draft is solid for today, but is unlikely to help you that much long term since most of your picks were made with an eye on today's production.

If I inherited a team that looked like that, I would be drafting prospects and trying to make my squad competitive in 2-3 years. You have a couple, but not enough.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This league is all about pitching. Gotta max out your starts and load up on Sunday starters. The waiver wire is KEY. Glad to have you with us Johnny!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. It's not gawd awful, but you got you work cut out for you no doubts. (Probably the main reason I dislike dynasty/keeper leagues, generally when you lose an owner his/her team is utter crap).

As Tlance said, the future is key cuz you'd need some awesome seasons from me than a few players to have a realistic shot.
Cargo and Posey might be better off being used as trade bait to go after some of those protects/Draft picks.

Good luck!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, given those keepers, you have no chance to contend this year. Your draft is solid for today, but is unlikely to help you that much long term since most of your picks were made with an eye on today's production.

If I inherited a team that looked like that, I would be drafting prospects and trying to make my squad competitive in 2-3 years. You have a couple, but not enough.

Yeah I figured I had a lot of work to get done with this team, give me a few weeks, i'll update this thread with all the trades I make.

This league is all about pitching. Gotta max out your starts and load up on Sunday starters. The waiver wire is KEY. Glad to have you with us Johnny!

Which is why I took Cain with my first pick instead of upgrade Ike ;) Glad to be on board!

Well.. It's not gawd awful, but you got you work cut out for you no doubts. (Probably the main reason I dislike dynasty/keeper leagues, generally when you lose an owner his/her team is utter crap).

As Tlance said, the future is key cuz you'd need some awesome seasons from me than a few players to have a realistic shot.
Cargo and Posey might be better off being used as trade bait to go after some of those protects/Draft picks.

Good luck!

I'm gonna make some deals, use some of my big names to get some young stars. Thanks!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting Rendon, Yelich, Miller and d'Arnaud is a nice start.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I thought so as well. :nod:

I think you're gonna be just fine Johnny. U seem to know what it doing and that's the first step. It may take a bit to build ur team where u want it, but being only a 12-keeper, some young prospects will help build that quickly.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I seeing that right? Ike Davis is your only 1B?? :omg:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're gonna be just fine Johnny. U seem to know what it doing and that's the first step. It may take a bit to build ur team where u want it, but being only a 12-keeper, some young prospects will help build that quickly.

Thanks, I think so as well.

Am I seeing that right? Ike Davis is your only 1B?? :omg:
If i'm not mistaken, Butler may be able to play 1B, but not 100% on that, plus i'll be making moves.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's yer wire lookin' at 1B?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the top available are..

James Loney
Justin Morneau
Yonder Alonso
Mitch Moreland
Garrett Jones

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says Yonder.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. I'm not a big Plouffe fan, but I really don't think you need Peavy if you have a bench spot open.

Don't go by my gut reaction, though. Loney might have another good year in him. Or Morneau might be a safe choice.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. I'm not a big Plouffe fan, but I really don't think you need Peavy if you have a bench spot open.

Don't go by my gut reaction, though. Loney might have another good year in him. Or Morneau might be a safe choice.

Damn you, Chef! I'm gonna see what I can get on the trade market first before making a decision.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was torn between keeping Fister or keeping Cain. The move to the NL East sealed the deal for me on Dougie..... And now his arm is "sore". Figures. I think you can compete for a playoff spot no problem Johnny. Couple teams will have to cut solid (not great, but solid) offensive guys for pitching soon enough.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the top available are..

James Loney
Justin Morneau
Yonder Alonso
Mitch Moreland
Garrett Jones

Mitch Moreland is legendary in this league. LEGENDARY!!! (I don't miss the owner that made him legendary one bit.)

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was torn between keeping Fister or keeping Cain. The move to the NL East sealed the deal for me on Dougie..... And now his arm is "sore". Figures. I think you can compete for a playoff spot no problem Johnny. Couple teams will have to cut solid (not great, but solid) offensive guys for pitching soon enough.

Yeah I really like my chances. Drafting Cain 1st overall, for me, was a no-brainer. Was gonna go with A-Gon to take Ike's place, but i'm one of those Met fans who still believes in Ike and his potential :L

Mitch Moreland is legendary in this league. LEGENDARY!!! (I don't miss the owner that made him legendary one bit.)

Is that sarcasm? Did the other owner overate/overvalue him or something? haha