• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rasmus, Anyone?

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL East Notes: Red Sox, Rasmus, Craig, Blue Jays ? MLB Trade Rumors

Sounds like the O's might be going after Rasmus. Don't know how much this would help. From what I can gather, he has very little playing time at the corner outfield positions. Also, he made around $7M last year. Last year was a bit of an off-year for him, although, he did put up fairly decent power numbers in the limited number of games that he played in. Power numbers and average were a bit better in the two years before that.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh I mean it would be better than seeing Lough out there every game but I rather they went after Aoki.

Rasmus should have a decent amount of homers but his average was down last year.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't see why they don't spend 2 million and sign nolan . if he can't go dl him he is better than rasmus . it would not shock me to see walker make the team at first with davis in rf or lf .why not bring in yaz and glynn davis and see who will stick reason both are cf speed speed . if they fail you have alvarez at aaa .

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree just sign Reimold who can put up better numbers than Rasmus, if of course he can stay healthy. Alvarez should be ready at midseason at worst, he's 26 already so he shouldn't need much more seasoning.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Rasmus or Nolan. Sign Aoki to lead off and Ichiro to hit 2nd in front of Jones. This will give us some speed at the top of the order which is something we haven't had in a long time. Also, Aoki might cost us a few bucks but Ichiro should come relatively cheap for a 1 year stop gap. I wouldn't mind exploring trade possibilities for Trumbo either.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Rasmus or Nolan. Sign Aoki to lead off and Ichiro to hit 2nd in front of Jones. This will give us some speed at the top of the order which is something we haven't had in a long time. Also, Aoki might cost us a few bucks but Ichiro should come relatively cheap for a 1 year stop gap. I wouldn't mind exploring trade possibilities for Trumbo either.
aoki if the o's would have played him shallow in lf ? he would've almost gone hitless in the playoffs makes lough look appealing lmao .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aoki if the o's would have played him shallow in lf ? he would've almost gone hitless in the playoffs makes lough look appealing lmao .

Please don't compare Lough to anyone at this point Ted. Aoki is a much better player right now as you well know. The team needs an injection of speed and power and these moves would address such.

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockies are rumored to be shopping Charlie Blackmon for starting pitching. Any interest?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockies are rumored to be shopping Charlie Blackmon for starting pitching. Any interest?
yes i would do one of these guys waldo ,norris, tj , matusz or gonzo would be ok to ship . in that order everyone is crazy and ask for bundy and gausman not going to happen . berry is our top lhp prospect so we can add him to no deal . we need to move some pitching if we are going to keep the rule 5 guys .

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Rasmus is going to Houston on what appears to be a 1-year, $8M deal. For that kind of money, the Stros can have him.

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Rasmus is going to Houston on what appears to be a 1-year, $8M deal. For that kind of money, the Stros can have him.

Agree.

I've never been a Rasmus fan, always thought he was over-rated. Maybe he can prove to be a serviceable ML OF, but I would rather see the O's find out what we have with Alvarez, Urrutia and Walker.

btw - Isn't there any interest in bringing Reimold back?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I've never been a Rasmus fan, always thought he was over-rated. Maybe he can prove to be a serviceable ML OF, but I would rather see the O's find out what we have with Alvarez, Urrutia and Walker.

btw - Isn't there any interest in bringing Reimold back?

I think there is on a minor league deal with an invite to Spring Training. But heard he's searching for a major league deal still.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is on a minor league deal with an invite to Spring Training. But heard he's searching for a major league deal still.
yes they are willing to pay him more but no major league contract . nolan should sign us with an out if he doesn't make the team .

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roch said we offered 7m and Rasmus had contract in hand when Houston contacted his agent. THANK GOD!!!!