• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking all 124 head coaches

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image_thumb%5B3%5D.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamer is currently the winningest active coach and longest tenured coach in Division I FBS.

Seems like that in itself would be worthy of more respect than you are showing.

Frankly, you needn't bother respond, as we've seen the value of your comments.

So because he has coached a long time and racked up a ton of wins in 2 terrible conferences means I should respect him?

Oh, and Nevada's Chris Ault has been their head coach for a total of 26 years and has 17 more wins than Beamer. So by your obviously flawless criteria, Chris Ault should be ahead of Beamer. I didn't have Ault ahead of Beamer before but I do now. Thank you for the suggestion of the new criteria. I enjoy getting more and more justifiable reason for moving Beamer down the list.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So because he has coached a long time and racked up a ton of wins in 2 terrible conferences means I should respect him?

Oh, and Nevada's Chris Ault has been their head coach for a total of 26 years and has 17 more wins than Beamer. So by your obviously flawless criteria, Chris Ault should be ahead of Beamer. I didn't have Ault ahead of Beamer before but I do now. Thank you for the suggestion of the new criteria. I enjoy getting more and more justifiable reason for moving Beamer down the list.

Kind of shows the value of your analysis, since before 1992, Nevada wasn't Division I. Did you really think your research department was better than that of ESPN?

Try adding up the Division I games again, and correct your statements if you have any integrity.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man is at work VT. He will have a come back for you.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it's anywhere near the quality of his last response, I'm not expecting much.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of shows the value of your analysis, since before 1992, Nevada wasn't Division I. Did you really think your research department was better than that of ESPN?

Try adding up the Division I games again, and correct your statements if you have any integrity.

Mike, thanks for the text about this goober.

Yeah I had to work but I do post here even when I am at work from time to time. Today was just a busy day.

VDscores, I am sorry I did not respond in a timely enough manner for you. I can certainly send you my phone number do you could let me know when you want a response. On second thought, just ask your mom for my number. I know she has it.

As for your response. ESPN? You mean the same ESPN that when Joe Pa and Bobby Bowden were going head to head to break the wins record that counted Bowden's 31 wins when he was the head coach at the school now known as Samford? Well in that case ESPN should count all of Ault's numbers. But then again it is ESPN and we all know that if ESPN says something then it is an absolute fact. Just ask them with the Craig James debacle.

You are going to have to try harder.

Hey Brasky, when you recruit other people from other boards to do what you can't, try to recruit people smarter than you.

Oh wait, there is no one smarter than you. Well then, I don't know what you are going to do.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'll repeat the comment, since you seem to have missed it. Beamer is the winningest and most tenured coach in DIVISION I.

If you had any integrity at all, you'd admit you're wrong, jedbarks. Don't worry. I'm not expecting you to do the right thing.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ault is a division 1 head football coach. You trumped up ESPN as this genius department of info. I shot a hole in your research department. Ault has coached Nevada for a total of 26 years and has 17 more wins than Beamer. If that genius research department is going to invlude Bowden's 31 wins at Howard (now Samford) who is not D-1 then all of Ault's years and wins count. I am just using your guidelines.

Now if you were smart then you would throw out that Ault has those 26 years in 3 different stints as head coach at Nevada and that Beamer is the longest continuous coach at one place. Then you would actually be right for once.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ault only became a Division I coach in 1992. All those Nevada wins before that were Division I-AA.

You don't have to throw the victories out -- just acknowledge that they weren't I-A victories.

Beamer has not only been a coach for a continuous stint, but at a Division 1-A program.

Thanks for living up to the low expectations I had of you.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious jed, since you have stated in this thread that you're "not a bo fan anyway",(I don't think you're really a Nebraska fan either)who would you have rather seen T.O. hire in 2008?

Granddaddy South

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked: I'm surprised that the OP overlooked the fact that Mike Gundy is considered a Top 10 coach.

:L :L :L @ 59-30?

SoonerDO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it weird Grandaddy south is viewing this thread... I think Huskers21 is back. :globe:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ault only became a Division I coach in 1992. All those Nevada wins before that were Division I-AA.

You don't have to throw the victories out -- just acknowledge that they weren't I-A victories.

Beamer has not only been a coach for a continuous stint, but at a Division 1-A program.

Thanks for living up to the low expectations I had of you.

Well if you read my original post about Ault and his years and victories, I NEVER EVER claimed that they were all D-1 wins or years. All I said was that he has coached a total of 26 years and has 17 more wins than Beamer. You in your desperate attempt to make your over hyped coach look better than he is clouded what I said. Go ahead and read my words and twist them how ever you want.

Thanks for doing what your coach does. Always come up short.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious jed, since you have stated in this thread that you're "not a bo fan anyway",(I don't think you're really a Nebraska fan either)who would you have rather seen T.O. hire in 2008?

Jesus dude, do we really need to go through the 2008 coaching search again? Can we also talk about whether Solich's should have been fired?

Oh and you went to the, your not a real Husker fan, card? Just when I didn't think you could get more pathetic.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude, do we really need to go through the 2008 coaching search again? Can we also talk about whether Solich's should have been fired?

Oh and you went to the, your not a real Husker fan, card? Just when I didn't think you could get more pathetic.

Hey I'm not the one removing myself from any discussion of the fact that Beamer and co. have beaten Nebraska twice because I'm "Not a bo fan".

You know what I really hear? "I don't give a shit about Nebraska football, I'm just here to stir shit up"

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm not the one removing myself from any discussion of the fact that Beamer and co. have beaten Nebraska twice because I'm "Not a bo fan".

You know what I really hear? "I don't give a shit about Nebraska football, I'm just here to stir shit up"

No, I am removing the fact that Nebraska has lost to Beamer twice because that is not what forms my opinion of the over rated coach. I felt this same way when Beamer was 0-1 against Nebraska before Bo got here as the head coach.

I don't really care what you hear. You only listen to the brilliant voices in your head anyway so it doesn't matter what I say.

Notice how I have given up on getting on you about your use of quotation marks. It is just pointless. You twist my words around and hear what you want anyway.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I have said a million times that I may not like Bo and may not agree that he should have been hired as the head coach but that I hope that he wins every game because that means Nebraska is successful. But you only hear what you want so you have already forgotten that last part about how I want Nebraska to be successful.

Hell, go ask your god that you bow down to, BRS. He knows where I stand.