• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank These QB's

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Flacco is easily the worst and maybe thats just due to a lack of weapons but its not like Tannehill has the Greatest Show on Turf or anything either.

Yup. Not a fan. Like I said...bores the shit out of me. But he has a ring and postseason success, so I'll give him the nod for now...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Not a fan. Like I said...bores the shit out of me. But he has a ring and postseason success, so I'll give him the nod for now...
Its hard for me to put too much into postseason success in football unless we are talking about team defense. Denver just won with one of the worst QBs in the league last year and I just saw the Spurs beat the Thunder by a billion points in game 1 to lose their series. Single elimination has a lot of luck.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli gets a pass from critique cuz he's got 2 rings and 2 SB MVPs....and his last name is Manning.

I think name or not, had Cutler been healthy, maybe not burned his bridges with his original team, went lights out for a couple SB runs on the road, he'd be being talked about just like Eli. They are kinda similar that way, just Eli went absolutely nuts in the playoffs a couple years and hasn't kept finding himself banged up. Same with Flacco...

But it's hard to knock that when that is kinda the goal of the game. When it comes to "dominate playoffs for a SB ring" those two can check that box.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard for me to put too much into postseason success in football unless we are talking about team defense. Denver just won with one of the worst QBs in the league last year and I just saw the Spurs beat the Thunder by a billion points in game 1 to lose their series. Single elimination has a lot of luck.

Definitely the consummate team game, but if we are judging individuals, I will likely take everything into consideration. Tranny has had some weapons over the years, and done nothing with it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tranny has had some weapons over the years, and done nothing with it.
Well, for starters he has improved every year and is still young. Flacco has regressed the past couple of years and Cutler and Eli have been highly variable. I do think Eli has proven to be the best though. He has a great deep ball and despite having a couple of bad years is still a great bet to get you 30TDs or so in a year and thats pretty valuable.

The Miami Dolphins have also been one of the worst coached teams in the league lately. The Bears had one terribad year of coaching, too, IIRC, so I try not to hold that against Cutler.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is kind of a mixed bag... How much tougher is it know you have to be ready and right the second that first game starts... Durant and Westbrook could come out flat, make adjustments and still pull out a series as you say. Eli every game couldn't afford to go on the road and have a cold opening game.

Just depends how you look at it, I wouldn't call either easier

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for starters he has improved every year and is still young. Flacco has regressed the past couple of years and Cutler and Eli have been highly variable. I do think Eli has proven to be the best though. He has a great deep ball and despite having a couple of bad years is still a great bet to get you 30TDs or so in a year and thats pretty valuable.

The Miami Dolphins have also been one of the worst coached teams in the league lately. The Bears had one terribad year of coaching, too, IIRC, so I try not to hold that against Cutler.

The Dolphins are a mess from ownership down for sure.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is kind of a mixed bag... How much tougher is it know you have to be ready and right the second that first game starts... Durant and Westbrook could come out flat, make adjustments and still pull out a series as you say. Eli every game couldn't afford to go on the road and have a cold opening game.

Just depends how you look at it, I wouldn't call either easier
The NFL playoffs are a lot more prone to luck, though. Eli had the helmet catch* and the Manningham catch and both Eli and Flacco had their defenses get healthy and hot at the right time. Aaron Rodgers is only 3-6 in the playoffs outside of the year his team put it altogether with a great pass defense and won it all. I'm not sure how much weight we should really put on playoff success for QBs. Obviously if they implode then thats pretty big but I don't think playoff record is a reason to lift up Flacco. Eli has proven himself in pretty much every way at this point so I won't lump him in with Flacco.

*Eli was a badass on that play but its all for nothing if its a dropped ball

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco
Eli
Cutler
Tannehil

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL playoffs are a lot more prone to luck, though. Eli had the helmet catch* and the Manningham catch and both Eli and Flacco had their defenses get healthy and hot at the right time. Aaron Rodgers is only 3-6 in the playoffs outside of the year his team put it altogether with a great pass defense and won it all. I'm not sure how much weight we should really put on playoff success for QBs. Obviously if they implode then thats pretty big but I don't think playoff record is a reason to lift up Flacco. Eli has proven himself in pretty much every way at this point so I won't lump him in with Flacco.

*Eli was a badass on that play but its all for nothing if its a dropped ball

Good point. Same with Flacco and the pass over the Denver safeties head that he mistimed. But you can do that with anyone. Before a couple seasons ago, you could literally say switch Vinatieri with Norwood, and both Kelly and Brady have 1 SB win.

But with Cutler you have those implosions, not just the GB game in the playoffs, but the Philly game was do or die and that was so so ugly. The divisional games in 2012 vs. GB and Minny that sealed their playoff fate.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning
Ryan Tannehill
Joe Flacco
Jay Cutler

Tannehill probably shouldn't be ahead of Flacco but I guess I just have this feeling that Tannehill and Gase are going to be a great pairing down in Miami. I think he really has a chance to launch his career to another level.

If I'm picking one QB for one season, I take your order. If we're talking picking a franchise QB, I put Tannehill first ahead of Eli.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now:
1. Manning
2. Flacco
3. Tannehill
4. Cutler

Down the road:
1. Manning
2. Tannehill
3. Cutler
4. Flacco

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli
Cutler
Flacco
Tannehill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career:
1- Eli
2- Flacco
3- Cutler
4- Tannehill

Going into the next 3 years:
1- Tannehill
2- Eli
3- Flacco
4- Cutler

Taking into account contracts:
1- Cutler: $16-$21 million 2017 to 2020. Can be cut after this season.
2- Tannehill: $20 million 2017-2020. Can be cut after next season.
3- Eli: $20-$23 million 2017-2019. Can be cut after 2018.
4- Flacco: $25-$28 million 2017-2021. Can't be cut ever, and will keep getting renegotiated until he retires.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli and Flacco at the top.
Then a huge dropoff.
Then these 3 :stooges:

Then probably go Cutler and all his flaws then Tannehill. Don't really like either guy much.

SHOTGUN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Flacco
2. Eli
3. who cares

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny only new guy has flacco up top

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure why Tannehill was brought into the conversation, given he has yet to play in, let alone, win a playoff game.

Cutler, Manning, and Flacco are basically the same player, in that they all are equally erratic, but show just enough greatness to maintain their status as legit franchise QBs.

With that being said.....

1. Eli
2. Flacco
3. Cutler
4. Tannehill