• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs O's

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he would certainly be a lower level prospect as he's had tons of problems and his upside has never been that high

But he would certainly be good filler in a deal, wonder who the headliner would be

You'd have to think someone like Ramirez maybe?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could've sworn it was a 1 year deal.

2 million dollar one year deal for 2013 according To ESPN haven't read anywhere about another club or player option anywhere

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys though, maybe they were there for the guy they brought from the bullpen. When Pimental was pulled I was thinking to myself, "he's pitching fine, why are they pulling him so early?" So now I'm thinking, well maybe JD or someone called Frisco and said, "hey scouts are comin here to see so and so throw a few innings tonight so make sure he gets some." This dude was good. And they all seemed to be mostly interested in him. Great arm, really easy motion, good breaking ball, and young, according to the program. Dont know his name though, might have to look at the box score again. But I really think HE was the guy they were actually looking at.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should probably move the trade talk to the trade thread, it makes these game threads pretty unwieldy and difficult to navigate

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys though, maybe they were there for the guy they brought from the bullpen. When Pimental was pulled I was thinking to myself, "he's pitching fine, why are they pulling him so early?" So now I'm thinking, well maybe JD or someone called Frisco and said, "hey scouts are comin here to see so and so throw a few innings tonight so make sure he gets some." This dude was good. And they all seemed to be mostly interested in him. Great arm, really easy motion, good breaking ball, and young, according to the program. Dont know his name though, might have to look at the box score again. But I really think HE was the guy they were actually looking at.

Lisalverto Bonilla came in and pitched 2 scoreless innings but allowed 5 baserunners (2 H's & 3 BB's)

But hey, it might have been both, but neither is a headliner for Garza

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neil pitched the day before, so maybe they were just there for the entire weekend and after watching friday's game they decided to check out less known guys who he could be packaged with the next day?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually one smaller fact that I just remembered. One scout was from the marlins.... but I mean this could mean nothing. Or it could be a lot of things.. I just thought I would share it haha speculation rules!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neil pitched the day before, so maybe they were just there for the entire weekend and after watching friday's game they decided to check out less known guys who he could be packaged with the next day?

now that IS interesting

Ramirez & Pimentel make for the start of a decent package, couple more solid pieces and you're talking

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually one smaller fact that I just remembered. One scout was from the marlins.... but I mean this could mean nothing. Or it could be a lot of things.. I just thought I would share it haha speculation rules!

Yuck, absolutely zero interest in Stanton, he's a career altering injury away from ruining the Rangers farm system, guys that big just do not have long careers

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should probably move the trade talk to the trade thread, it makes these game threads pretty unwieldy and difficult to navigate

Too much trade talk makes me tired, more baseball convos tomorrow. Thanks guys

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the replies on the Colon Vrs Cruz question guys. It will be interesting to see what happens I don't believe MLB has much grounds to suspend players for lying about using PEDs but time will tell.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Too much trade talk makes me tired, more baseball convos tomorrow. Thanks guys

Guys ... recommend as JTA suggested above to take this to the "Trade" thread. Trade talk amongst game talk can be never ending when suggestions of targets and packages to acquire them go on and on. From my high school math I think there are n!*n factoral options and permutations. Just sayin.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Spring Training, Perez was considered our 5th starter. After spending most of the season on the DL, is he suddenly our "ace"?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said it, I'm just asking. Has he not pretty much been our best starter over the last few starts?

I small run of success doesn't even earn him the title of ace in quotation marks, but he has certainly been a boost to the back end of the rotation since he came back

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Kinsler
J Profar
N Cruz
A Beltre
A pierzynski
E Andrus
D Murphy
R Chirinos
L Martin

M Perez

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Kinsler
J Profar
N Cruz
A Beltre
A pierzynski
E Andrus
D Murphy
R Chirinos
L Martin

M Perez

Yay, more Murphy

My only defense of this guy and his tendency to swing at off the plate junk is, for whatever the reason, umps consistently call that pitch about 6 inches off the plate a strike, I've never seen this done so consistently to one player

It often prompts him to swing at crap way outside in a defensive swing, just terrible

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yay, more Murphy

My only defense of this guy and his tendency to swing at off the plate junk is, for whatever the reason, umps consistently call that pitch about 6 inches off the plate a strike, I've never seen this done so consistently to one player

It often prompts him to swing at crap way outside in a defensive swing, just terrible

At least he's not batting second.