• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs O's

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little OT but Rangers related didn't want to start a thread over it but here it goes.

Let's say the MLB suspends Colon and Cruz for PEDs or lying about PEDs or whatever cause they use if they are able to do so, which club do you think it hurts more ?

I'd say the Rangers only because Cruz is an everyday player, the A's would be hurting a lot too because Colon has been money for us this season and has really been the ace of the staff.

You guys are playing some great baseball it feels like whenever my Athletics win Texas matches them and keeps .5 game back, looks like another race that might come down to the final day of the season.

This is where the whole MLB trying to make changes to the punishment is going to be hard to get past the MLB players union without positive tests on guys. If Cruz was punished solely on testimony by that money grubbing Bosch moron he by all accounts should not receive more than 50 games. If Colon was punished he would by all accounts have to receive 100 games. That said we could get Cruz back this year where Bartolo shouldn't be back until next year. Based on their benefit to their teams Oakland should have an easier time finding a guy to help out every 5th day than the Rangers would finding a way to replace the production of Nellie.:noidea::noidea: just added speculation. Don't think this mess is decided until the offseason, if then there is time for all the litigation

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Soria will be big for us. I'm confident ogando comes back. Not so much on Lewis, Harrison and Feliz.

Small sample size for Soria, though I know all of us Rangers faithful hope he continues with what we have seen the last 2 nights and during his rehab. I just hope he stays healthy the next year and a half. Ogando based on previous performances as long as he is healthy should add much depth and you know I'm with you on the thoughts of Colbra, Harry, or Nefti offering much help this season, but hopefully I am wrong on those guys and they offer us something late in the year. Not holding out much hope, it would just be a bonus. Would like to add a guy like Garza for the rest of the year and let those guys rehab slowly. Maybe sign Colby for another one year deal for depth next year

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey guys i thought this would be important information. I went to the roughriders game the other day, and there were 9 scouts there lookin at one of our starters and one of our bullpen guys(forgot their names) including don wakamatsu, who is a yankees scouts right now. 3 of these 9 scouts belonged to the cubs. It leads me to believe that perhaps the cubs are looking at who they want in case of a potential garza deal. Thought it was a bit interesting

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey guys i thought this would be important information. I went to the roughriders game the other day, and there were 9 scouts there lookin at one of our starters and one of our bullpen guys(forgot their names) including don wakamatsu, who is a yankees scouts right now. 3 of these 9 scouts belonged to the cubs. It leads me to believe that perhaps the cubs are looking at who they want in case of a potential garza deal. Thought it was a bit interesting

I think Texas has been laying the groundwork for garza for some time. Very interesting to see that there's so many scouts at the game though. Tells me that Texas is pursuing many possibilities. The question is who the hell would we want from the Yankees?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sample size for Soria, though I know all of us Rangers faithful hope he continues with what we have seen the last 2 nights and during his rehab. I just hope he stays healthy the next year and a half. Ogando based on previous performances as long as he is healthy should add much depth and you know I'm with you on the thoughts of Colbra, Harry, or Nefti offering much help this season, but hopefully I am wrong on those guys and they offer us something late in the year. Not holding out much hope, it would just be a bonus. Would like to add a guy like Garza for the rest of the year and let those guys rehab slowly. Maybe sign Colby for another one year deal for depth next year

Certainly a small sample size but you can't argue with the results. Did you see the way he was painting tonight? Texas did the right thing and did not rush his recovery. I think he'll be huge for us the rest of the season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very interesting thanks for the info. Read somewhere it would likely take 2 midlevel prospects to acquire Garza, however if he keeps pitching like he did tonight his stock is rising

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colby signed a 2 year deal last year after he got hurt, he and the Rangers knew this would probably be a 2 year process

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha i knew don wakamatsu's son, jake, a few years back. When I passed him I was like "What's up Don? We don't want Joba I promise!" Thought it was funny... dont think he did haha

I think Don was just there doing his job on the pitcher pitching for us. He probably knew all of the other scouts were going to be there so he went himself (he seemed to be good friends with some of them). Pretty interesting experience seeing what they were writing down and stuff

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby signed a 2 year deal last year after he got hurt, he and the Rangers knew this would probably be a 2 year process

I could've sworn it was a 1 year deal.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting thanks for the info. Read somewhere it would likely take 2 midlevel prospects to acquire Garza, however if he keeps pitching like he did tonight his stock is rising

Then maybe thats one of the midlevel prospects it would take. The dude pitched pretty well, even though I dont even remember the name. If it was a really prominent prospect, I'd probably remember it. I do know however that the first guy out of the bullpen for us threw 95-97 and the scouts seemed very interested in him... But they didn't take notes on anyone else to my knowledge

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Texas has been laying the groundwork for garza for some time. Very interesting to see that there's so many scouts at the game though. Tells me that Texas is pursuing many possibilities. The question is who the hell would we want from the Yankees?[/QUOTE

I have no real interest in anyone on the Yankees at this point unless it was proven ML player for a prospect package on the cheap

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And with nolasco already off the table you have to think that isn't helping either. It's a catch 22 situation cause if he wasn't pitching well we wouldn't want him anyways.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So probably looking at guys like Hanser Alberto but without knowing what day you went its hard to say what starting pitcher they were looking at, but guys like Neil Ramirez, Roman Mendez, Richard Bleier, Lisalverto Bonilla, Kevin Pucetas, Justin Miller and Carlos Pimentel might come to mind as starters and relievers

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pimental was the guys name. He threw 90-92, but his changeup was pretty devastating from the right side i must say... very shields-esque

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly a small sample size but you can't argue with the results. Did you see the way he was painting tonight? Texas did the right thing and did not rush his recovery. I think he'll be huge for us the rest of the season.

He looked great and no I wouldnt begin to argue the results. Yeah by all means I think the team acted spot on on his recovery plan

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird totally thought it was a 2 year deal, but after reading, apparently its not, seems a bit short sided on both parties part now

You'd think they would've included an option or something.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pimental was the guys name. He threw 90-92, but his changeup was pretty devastating from the right side i must say... very shields-esque

Well he would certainly be a lower level prospect as he's had tons of problems and his upside has never been that high

But he would certainly be good filler in a deal, wonder who the headliner would be

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think they would've included an option or something.

exactly, i could've swore it was an option year that most likely would've been picked up b/c it was so cheap, but its not oh well

I can admit when I'm wrong