• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers start an AL West Road Trip with a visit to the Astr*s: TEX @ HOU 5/19-22

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to acquire a backup catcher, send Huff down and take someone off of the 40.

Of course the best thing to have done would have been to have kept Garver on the DL until he could catch. There is no rule saying you have to take a position player off of the DL as soon as he is able to hit.
Correct!! exactly what should have happened. Meanwhile, decisions have to be made.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletic Article re Perez
The focus I have in my bullpens right now, I think it has changed everything,” Pérez said after his May 10 start against the Royals. “I’m just trying to bring (that) into the game and get good results.”

The benefit of the maintenance is that it helps to ensure that Pérez is throwing the best version of his pitches
In addition to throwing the best version of the pitch more often, there has been a big step in game-planning and usage — something Pérez himself hinted at after that May 10 win against the Royals, when he said he told catcher Jonah Heim that he didn’t plan to shake him off that night.

“The sequencing that we’ve been using is good because I could see they were looking for one pitch, and I threw a different one,” Pérez said. “So that means the reports we have right now are really good. We have a chance to go out there and compete and believe in the report that they give us that day for the game.”

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need to be relegated to start 2 or 3 times a week. The same goes for Smith, Foscue, Jung(eventually), Duran, Harris, Crim, or Wendzel. If they want to do that with lesser prospects then fine, but you don't do that to your top guys who you are trying to develop into starters.
Well I have a different standard for a catcher
Most catchers don’t catch daily
Some of the trade off is work with Bobby Wilson
But yes what is going on now is definitely extreme

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but most teams don't carry three catchers. None of this would be being discussed if Garner had not been hurt and brought up before he could catch @saddles.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with him starting only 4 or 5 times a week, depending on how many off days there are. 3 is too few. That gives him about 115 to120 starts in a year behind the plate. He could DH a few times as well.

Until they are ready for regular play from him he needs to be at AAA.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but most teams don't carry three catchers. None of this would be being discussed if Garner had not been hurt and brought up before he could catch @saddles.
They are carrying Garner, Heim, and Huff now. No matter what positions they play they are all three on the 26 man roster right now. Just because one of them becomes able to play an additional position that means they have to get rid of one of them? Ignoring what positions they currently play, does that make any sense? To demote one because someone can play an additional position? I am not saying they won't do exactly that, but it will be one more thing that doesn't make sense.

In reality, what doesn't make sense is having all three of them on the roster now.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are carrying Garner, Heim, and Huff now. No matter what positions they play they are all three on the 26 man roster right now. Just because one of them becomes able to play an additional position that means they have to get rid of one of them? Ignoring what positions they currently play, does that make any sense? To demote one because someone can play an additional position? I am not saying they won't do exactly that, but it will be one more thing that doesn't make sense.

In reality, what doesn't make sense is having all three of them on the roster now.
I said they should not all be here. First base does not need Lowe Ibanez and Huff. Nothing wrong with putting Garver or Huff in AAA until Garner can catch or when FO considers Huff ready to come up. To me it is a very strange position to be in.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garner's injury is the problem and CY needs to address it. He could be playing C and 1B pretty regular but that decision has not been addressed.
hate to say it but Garver has a flexor strain and he is weeks away from being able to catch or play 1b. they are going to have to use Huff and Heim catching until the end of June maybe early July

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said they should not all be here. First base does not need Lowe Ibanez and Huff. Nothing wrong with putting Garver or Huff in AAA until Garner can catch or when FO considers Huff ready to come up. To me it is a very strange position to be in.
It is strange. The solution is very simple and yet Young and JD cannot see it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point when Garner gets well and can catch a decision has to be made. Will we carry three catchers or send one down or trade one. Untill that decision is made, we will be in a delimma to who plays where each game.
we probably won't carry 3 catchers but it may be the end of June or early July before Garver is able to throw

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would hope Huff would catch twice a week and DH once and be available to PH.
Of course we don’t send Heim down @scotsman1948

The day the LHP on the mound was a perfect start and tomorrow which is likely will be fine
He should have pinch hit 2 nights ago I thought trying To remember who for. It was about the 7th inning I am thinking
the game tonight is 6:05 and Sunday's game is at 1:30 so it is doubtful that Heim will start on Sunday

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to say it but Garver has a flexor strain and he is weeks away from being able to catch or play 1b. they are going to have to use Huff and Heim catching until the end of June maybe early July
That is why Garver should be on the IL until he is well and can catch.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The focus I have in my bullpens right now, I think it has changed everything,” Pérez said after his May 10 start against the Royals. “I’m just trying to bring (that) into the game and get good results.”

The benefit of the maintenance is that it helps to ensure that Pérez is throwing the best version of his pitches
In addition to throwing the best version of the pitch more often, there has been a big step in game-planning and usage — something Pérez himself hinted at after that May 10 win against the Royals, when he said he told catcher Jonah Heim that he didn’t plan to shake him off that night.

“The sequencing that we’ve been using is good because I could see they were looking for one pitch, and I threw a different one,” Pérez said. “So that means the reports we have right now are really good. We have a chance to go out there and compete and believe in the report that they give us that day for the game.”
Newberg really, really, really wants the Rangers to trade for an ace, doesn't he?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why Garver should be on the IL until he is well and can catch.
so should Bryce Harper but both teams want their bats available. (No, i'm not comparing or placing Garver on the same performance level as Harper but both teams do need their bats in the game)

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Smith's slash line in his last 30 AB

.333/.487/.400

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so should Bryce Harper but both teams want their bats available. (No, i'm not comparing or placing Garver on the same performance level as Harper but both teams do need their bats in the game)
Not the same performance level and not the same position. Both come into play when making the decision.

They can still keep Garver at DH and let Heim catch 75% of the time and let Huff catch, DH or play 1B 85% of the time. They can do all of that. They just need Huff playing for Round Rock and get another backup for Heim. It is simple.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to guess which former Ranger has put up these numbers in AAA this year?

Screenshot_20220521-183029_Samsung Internet.jpg

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are known for calling up players and sitting on the bench. I’m not a big fan of Lowe. I don’t think he’s very good offensively or defensively. He should be sitting and Huff or Heim should be playing 1B.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gray is hanging in