• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Invade the Bay of Pigs and Hope To Rebound - April 17-19

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there you go Gomey

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA has caught the "big" swing bug

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad, Elvis.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we were going to let him off the hook again.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snag by Pro, looked like it hurt again

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the best game as a Ranger for AJ

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to get up at 9:00 am See ya tomorrow.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was concerned about the 4 pitch walk but Claudio gets the job done.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keone Kela returns to Texas Rangers bullpen ready to be 'accountable' | SportsDay

"The biggest takeaway was understanding my lane and my role," Kela said of his four games with Triple-A Round Rock. "It was about what I need to do to be the best I can be not only for me, but for the guys around me, and how to help the team in the best way possible. I know there are a lot of things that I need to work on as an individual and these guys here don't want to do anything other than help me become a better man on and off the field. I'm gaining more accountability for my actions and I want to try to continue to move forward."

It was worth noting here two events that took place on Sunday. The first: The Rangers blew a five-run lead and then another ninth-inning lead, suffering their fifth blown save in the first 12 games. The second: Kela turned 24. With his return to the majors, he becomes the fifth youngest player on the roster behind what sounds like the future of the organization: Nomar Mazara (21), Rougned Odor, Joey Gallo and this year's relief wunderkind Jose Leclerc (all 23).

The point: He is a young player. Of young players, it is often said they lack maturity. That can manifest itself in being overaggressive or timid on the field, but also in bad work habits.

The decision to send Kela down was about trying to reinforce that he has a bright future with the club, but that there is work to be done.

"We got very good reports on and off the field," general manager Jon Daniels said in announcing the recall. "I don't see this as something lingering past today."

In the crowded clubhouse after the game, the first time Kela was available to speak about his return, he said he was welcomed back.

"I felt like I was received with love, nothing else," he said. "I walked in and everybody was cheerful to see me and gave me hugs. I've been with this organization five years and at this level for the last two. I feel like everyone knows who I am and I know them. It felt like walking into a family reunion. And those are usually really good feelings."

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keone Kela returns to Texas Rangers bullpen ready to be 'accountable' | SportsDay

"The biggest takeaway was understanding my lane and my role," Kela said of his four games with Triple-A Round Rock. "It was about what I need to do to be the best I can be not only for me, but for the guys around me, and how to help the team in the best way possible. I know there are a lot of things that I need to work on as an individual and these guys here don't want to do anything other than help me become a better man on and off the field. I'm gaining more accountability for my actions and I want to try to continue to move forward."

It was worth noting here two events that took place on Sunday. The first: The Rangers blew a five-run lead and then another ninth-inning lead, suffering their fifth blown save in the first 12 games. The second: Kela turned 24. With his return to the majors, he becomes the fifth youngest player on the roster behind what sounds like the future of the organization: Nomar Mazara (21), Rougned Odor, Joey Gallo and this year's relief wunderkind Jose Leclerc (all 23).

The point: He is a young player. Of young players, it is often said they lack maturity. That can manifest itself in being overaggressive or timid on the field, but also in bad work habits.

The decision to send Kela down was about trying to reinforce that he has a bright future with the club, but that there is work to be done.

"We got very good reports on and off the field," general manager Jon Daniels said in announcing the recall. "I don't see this as something lingering past today."

In the crowded clubhouse after the game, the first time Kela was available to speak about his return, he said he was welcomed back.

"I felt like I was received with love, nothing else," he said. "I walked in and everybody was cheerful to see me and gave me hugs. I've been with this organization five years and at this level for the last two. I feel like everyone knows who I am and I know them. It felt like walking into a family reunion. And those are usually really good feelings."

Sounds good, hope it all continues and the kid has a great Rangers career

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guzman was 3 for 5 with a home run, last night for Round Rock. His is now hitting .391.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The young man is keeping some pretty good company there.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like last night was literally the first ninth inning all year that I wasn't nervous. Welcome back Kela.