• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers holding rotation tryouts in Houston: 8/27=29

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles lost. Pirates are down 1 run with 1 inning to go. Diamondbacks are tied.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will need someone for insurance
I would sign a couple to minor league contracts with an invite to ST. We have King too along with Alexy. Maybe Cody as well.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sign a couple to minor league contracts with an invite to ST. We have King too along with Alexy. Maybe Cody as well.
We also have several at Frisco right now who could come up at some point next year, maybe even early in the season.

Winn, Bradford, Weems, Kent and Henriquez are all there now.

Yerry Rodriguez would be a possibility for next year as well. He pitched well in his last outing at AAA.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have several at Frisco right now who could come up at some point next year, maybe even early in the season.

Winn, Bradford, Weems, Kent and Henriquez are all there now.

Yerry Rodriguez would be a possibility for next year as well. He pitched well in his last outing at AAA.
See if you can work on a few hitters.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Solak getting some hits.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Allard, Dunning, Hearn, Latz, and Otto, I think we don't need Arihara in the rotation, unless they want to pair him up with someone to limit their innings. They could even go with a six man rotation for September once they can increase roster size a tad.

I think the front office should go with what we have in the rotation in 2022. There is no use signing a stop gap type starter.
With all the guys you mentioned plus Cole Winn, Aj Alexy, Yerry, Bradford, Kent, Owen White, Weems, and Ronny Henriquez it’s almost hard to think about adding a big FA SP for the next 2 years. I would almost rather focus on an outfielder or 2, SS, C and RP during the off-season. Then go from there.
Story/Seager, Yan Gomes, Kyle Schwarber/Canha/Conforto, Chris Taylor/Starling Marte.
If we’re going to be active in FA let’s be active and sign some guys to help the team now and surround our new guys with legit players.
Carrying guys like Chris Taylor, Ibanez, And IKF on the roster allows for flexibility. Could let Pozo Dh, Gomes be everyday C and Trevino be back up. Rotate them out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See if you can work on a few hitters.
Okay. How about Jung, Foscue, Crim, Smith, and Harris? Huff needs to show some improvement for me to include him.

I am going to keep that last sentence above in this post, but I did check and Huff is 3 for 3 tonight.

So there you go. How is that for some potential offense at some point next year?

The best hitter in our lineup next year should be a free agent that we sign in 3 or 4 months.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. How about Jung, Foscue, Crim, Smith, and Harris? Huff needs to show some improvement for me to include him.

I am going to keep that last sentence above in this post, but I did check and Huff is 3 for 3 tonight.

So there you go. How is that for some potential offense at some point next year?

The best hitter in our lineup next year should be a free agent that we sign in 3 or 4 months.
Definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned Dustin Harris in one of my previous posts. That kid is still on fire. He has two more hits tonight, a double and a HR. He has already been promoted once and has hit better after being promoted. As of now his OPS is 1.275 since his promotion to Hickory.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks are behind now. They must have as bad of a bullpen as we have.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with Jung, Foscue, Crim and possibly Harris. I honestly believe we need to sign 5, yes 5, bats this off season. There will be plenty of AB to go around for the whole team including the prospects.
SS, C, CF and 2 COF/DH/3B/1B big bat type would be awesome. With our low payroll over the next few years there’s no reason not to sign some guys to front loaded contracts.

1. Chris Taylor -CF
2. Bryant-3B
3. Schwarber-LF
4. Story-SS
5. Nate Lowe-1B
6. Garcia- RF
7. Willie Calhoun-DH
8. Ibanez-2B
9. Gomes-C

bench
Solak
Trevino
IKF
Taveras

you could easily make the case that Jung could take over at 3B or 2B and bump Ibanez/IKF/Solak off the roster or even move Bryant to Lf and Schwarber to RF and bump Adolis off.
Or Crim could bump Calhoun off DH or Garcia off RF
Or Foscue could bump Ibanez off 2B
Or Lowe could get bumped off 1B(hope not lol)
Or we could have an injury or 2
There are so many variables really. Signing 5 good bats wouldn’t be a problem honestly. We have a horrible line up currently.

the first line up posted could be opening day but end up like

1. Taylor-CF
2. Bryant-LF
3. Schwarber- RF
4. Story- SS
5. Lowe-1B
6. Jung-3B
7. Foscue- 2B
8. Crimm- DH/LF/RF
9. Gomes-C

Bench-
IKF- CF/SS
Solak& Ibanez- DH/3B/2B/1B
Pozo-C/1B
Crimm would be DH but back up the COF

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diamondbacks tie it up and force extras.