• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers force the Nationals to deal with Nate Lowe's stupid face: WSH @ TEX 6/24-26

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your second place Texas Rangers come into the final weekend of June at 33-35, 9.5 behind the *'s and a game ahead of the Angels. Mathematically they are in the WC hunt as well but it's best not to focus on that.

The only listed starter at the moment is Dane Dunning, who shockingly only has 1 win on his statistical ledger. DD has been scuffling a bit recently but the stats are still respectable. Hearn has obviously been moved to the bullpen but Woody has noted that he will see action this weekend at some point. Probably during a bullpen game, which tend to be as dumb as Nate Lowe's face.

On the hitting side, seems like the Rangers are getting contributions from a wide range of players these days. Nothing too consistent, and you can never tell what's going to happen. They do have Duran and Smith playing at the same time, which is fun to watch.

Try to stay out of the heat as much as you can, fellas. It's brutal out there.

1305871609.jpeg

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot add the game times:

7pm, 3pm, and 1:30pm are your start times.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Expanded playoffs were never a good idea. Now the goal for many is to be just slightly better than .500 and hope for a miracle in the postseason.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Expanded playoffs were never a good idea. Now the goal for many is to be just slightly better than .500 and hope for a miracle in the postseason.

I'm not a fan of expanded postseason, but using a small sample size to "prove" something about it is pointless.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey there, is this where the party is at.......?

Attachments

• E7rDgTVXIAY24DW.jpeg
    E7rDgTVXIAY24DW.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 4

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the Royals are trying to piece the best team together that they can. Just light on funds and have a ton of prospects coming.

The tigers spent big and are trying

The athletics need to relocate

The Nationals and Cubs are in a rebuild and will probably be spenders next offseason

The reds just flat out over spent and underperformed and now had to rebuild. That’s what teams who can’t afford $190+ million plus.
Even teams that can afford it still have to rebuild sometimes and get the new guys into the show and acclimated

I see nothing wrong with it considering each circumstance

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of expanded postseason, but using a small sample size to "prove" something about it is pointless.

More baseball for me to watch.....I'm ok with it.

Is the product diluted a little with some teams that aren't as competitive? Yeah sure but what's a couple more meaningless games, after seeing the A's for 162 games this year?

Maybe one of those teams that is on the cusp, will give us half of their farm system (because they are trying to make the postseason) for Lowe, Heim, K. Calhoun, Culberson, King, Richards, Miller and Duggar........

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More baseball for me to watch.....I'm ok with it.

Is the product diluted a little with some teams that aren't as competitive? Yeah sure but what's a couple more meaningless games, after seeing the A's for 162 games this year?

Maybe one of those teams that is on the cusp, will give us half of their farm system (because they are trying to make the postseason) for Lowe, Heim, K. Calhoun, Culberson, King, Richards, Miller and Duggar........
Think we might want to keep Heim.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Royals are trying to piece the best team together that they can. Just light on funds and have a ton of prospects coming.

The tigers spent big and are trying

The athletics need to relocate

The Nationals and Cubs are in a rebuild and will probably be spenders next offseason

The reds just flat out over spent and underperformed and now had to rebuild. That’s what teams who can’t afford $190+ million plus.
Even teams that can afford it still have to rebuild sometimes and get the new guys into the show and acclimated

I see nothing wrong with it considering each circumstance

Let's call a spade a spade. The A's aren't competitive at all because they absolutely didnt want to be. They had enough talent to win a whole lot more games and chose to use all their value, to acquire more potential talent and tank for a few years. They wanted to suck and MLB let them

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a mock turtleneck party, up in this bihhh.....

Attachments

• 61q0m9wo4TL._AC_UL1500_.jpg
    61q0m9wo4TL._AC_UL1500_.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's call a spade a spade. The A's aren't competitive at all because they absolutely didnt want to be. They had enough talent to win a whole lot more games and chose to use all their value, to acquire more potential talent and tank for a few years. They wanted to suck and MLB let them
Isn't this their usual MO though. Didn't they acquire as much talent as they had by doing this a few years back?

To me they are an example of a team that should either be moved or contracted, but the latter will never happen.

Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this their usual MO though. Didn't they acquire as much talent as they had by doing this a few years back?

To me they are an example of a team that should either be moved or contracted, but the latter will never happen.

they'll be in Vegas a few years from now

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe one of those teams that is on the cusp, will give us half of their farm system (because they are trying to make the postseason) for Lowe, Heim, K. Calhoun, Culberson, King, Richards, Miller and Duggar.....
I think less teams will trade for players to help them, when just appearing in the postseason seems to be the main goal. It is so easy to get into the postseason that some even think there is a decent chance for the Rangers to get there. We even have guys on this board that think we are too close to trade away players.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think less teams will trade for players to help them, when just appearing in the postseason seems to be the main goal. It is so easy to get into the postseason that some even think there is a decent chance for the Rangers to get there. We even have guys on this board that think we are too close to trade away players.
I for one have stated that we stick with the rebuild and do not think contention.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't say I agree with most of that, but I do think that less teams this year will be inspired to make significant moves in regards to the postseason, because the dominant teams this season are so far above everyone else.