• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers at Mariners Labor Day edition 9/5-9/8

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not with Bush. He was working hard in the can.
Bush has thrown about 40 innings less than A J so far this season so maybe that is part of the difference.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sounds of things there will be 6 starters. While I agree that Perez would probably win out over AJ if it came down to that, to me that is of very little consolation. AJ has made it past 6 innings in 20 starts and Perez 6 in 29 starts and is horrendous on the road. But we have more stake in him regarding needing him for the future. But I would not want either one starting in the playoffs so let's hope Yu, Hamels, Lewis and Holland finish strong at the end of the month.
Any game that A J pitches from here on out and loses will be on Banny if he starts him after Colby comes back.

I don't care for the idea of letting Yu and Hamels pitch every 5 days while the others work around them. That usually messes all of them up. Besides Cole and Yu need an extra day here and there as well.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any game that A J pitches from here on out and loses will be on Banny if he starts him after Colby comes back.

I don't care for the idea of letting Yu and Hamels pitch every 5 days while the others work around them. That usually messes all of them up. Besides Cole and Yu need an extra day here and there as well.
Cole especially. Yu should still be fresh. In fact I would be okay with skipping a start for Cole.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sounds of things there will be 6 starters. While I agree that Perez would probably win out over AJ if it came down to that, to me that is of very little consolation. AJ has made it past 6 innings in 20 starts and Perez 6 in 29 starts and is horrendous on the road. But we have more stake in him regarding needing him for the future. But I would not want either one starting in the playoffs so let's hope Yu, Hamels, Lewis and Holland finish strong at the end of the month.
When interviewed yesterday, Banny specifically said that they will NOT be going to a 6-man rotation. He then said that they had plans in place for how to handle the rotation and that it would involve sending one of the six to the bullpen. But, when asked, he wouldn't elaborate on those plans or who the bullpen candidate was.

Provided nobody gets hurt and the Rangers do in fact have 6 healthy starters, I'm guessing they either demote Griffin or do some kind of rotation-within-rotation whereby the bottom candidates (Griffin, Perez, Holland) all skip a start and pitch from the pen when it is the their turn to do so. Like for instance, one week Griffin serves as the long man. Then the next week he takes Holland's spot and Holland is the long man. Then Perez and so on. Not saying that is what I favor, but it has been done before.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When interviewed yesterday, Banny specifically said that they will NOT be going to a 6-man rotation. He then said that they had plans in place for how to handle the rotation and that it would involve sending one of the six to the bullpen. But, when asked, he wouldn't elaborate on those plans or who the bullpen candidate was.

Provided nobody gets hurt and the Rangers do in fact have 6 healthy starters, I'm guessing they either demote Griffin or do some kind of rotation-within-rotation whereby the bottom candidates (Griffin, Perez, Holland) all skip a start and pitch from the pen when it is the their turn to do so. Like for instance, one week Griffin serves as the long man. Then the next week he takes Holland's spot and Holland is the long man. Then Perez and so on. Not saying that is what I favor, but it has been done before.

I really think Griffin is headed to the pen. Of course that's if the rotation works out as expected. AJ could serve us well as the long man.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not another 9 o'clocker! :Cry:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Griffin is headed to the pen. Of course that's if the rotation works out as expected. AJ could serve us well as the long man.

Not a bad thought. Was my initial thought as well after seeing aj's last start.

Rudy_Rangerfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a good note ...from last night tanner sheppers looked good ...take away the 1st inning from last night we had a 3-3 ballgame .

Rudy_Rangerfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lineup tonight with the exception of chrinios

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1