• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers at Mariners Labor Day edition 9/5-9/8

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a good observation.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but let's hope the same doesn't prove out with Bush.
Not sure if it makes any difference but playing in cooler temperatures out West may help a little. We need something. Colby is the key as to how far we go. If he comes back and pitches lights out then we have a great possibility of completing our mission. He will/should be a huge attitude changer.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it makes any difference but playing in cooler temperatures out West may help a little. We need something. Colby is the key as to how far we go. If he comes back and pitches lights out then we have a great possibility of completing our mission. He will/should be a huge attitude changer.

I believe he's getting the starting nod on Sun, so the Colby watch begins. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he's getting the starting nod on Sun, so the Colby watch begins. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Not even that worried about his results Sunday to be perfectly honest. If he can get and stay healthy he'll be ready when the lights are brighter.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers decide Colby Lewis will return to pitch Sunday

Yu Darvish and Cole Hamels will remain on normal rest and continue pitching back-to-back despite coming off of shaky starts Sunday and Monday that had some speculation that both might need extra rest...

Martin Perez, A.J. Griffin and Derek Holland will have extra days built into their schedule the rest of the season. Banister said that numbers indicate that each pitcher is at his best with an extra day or two.

Holland is scheduled to start Thursday and is to the point where pitch count is not a concern. He has gone six innings in his first three starts off the disabled list and threw 108 pitches Saturday against Houston.

A mechanical tweak to help protect his shoulder, which he has injured the past two seasons, has had the added benefit of creating more movement to his pitches. He had five strikeouts in each of his first two starts off the DL.

“I just want to make sure to continue to improve each time out there,” Holland said. “I’ve had three fairly good starts. I’ve got to keep going forward with that.”

Choo throws
Right fielder Shin-Soo Choo, as scheduled, threw for the first time since having surgery on his broken left forearm last month.

Choo will continue to throw every other day for a period before being allowed to throw without any restraints.

“It feels good,” he said. “The first five or seven throws I was a little bit scared and worried about it, but after that it was like normal.”

Choo is expected to swing a bat Thursday for the first time since Ross Detwiler plunked him in a game Aug. 15 at Globe Life Park. Choo will take dry swings with a fungo bat.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One opinion for tonight's game

Larry Hartstein
SENIOR ANALYST

TUE 9/6

OVER 8
TEXAS 10 @ SEATTLE 7
9/06
WIN
The last five meetings, and eight of the past 10, have gone Over after Monday's 14-6 Mariners win. I'm looking for the trend to continue Tuesday. Rangers starter Martin Perez owns a 6.23 ERA on the road, with batters hitting .289 against him. Mariners starter James Paxton is coming back from a torn fingernail and I expect him to struggle against a Texas lineup that's hitting .318 against him over two starts this season.

17-8-0 IN LAST 25 MLB ML PICKS | +814

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo throws
Right fielder Shin-Soo Choo, as scheduled, threw for the first time since having surgery on his broken left forearm last month.

This would be really great if Choo could come back and be productive to end the regular season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be really great if Choo could come back and be productive to end the regular season.
Would be but I think Choo is finished for this year. Will miss his leading off but we are better off on defense now. Just my opinion.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt. He was already the leading candidate to be moved out of the rotation due to him not having the stuff or ability to pitch as deep into games of the other 5 guys. I'd say tonight's epic disaster was the final nail in his coffin.

The other night I read comments that it would be Perez and not AJ in that category. But I agree. No matter how frustrating Teen is, he has been better than AJ since the ASB.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be but I think Choo is finished for this year. Will miss his leading off but we are better off on defense now. Just my opinion.

Since he's swinging a bat tomorrow for the first time you're probably right. But I will remain "cautiously optimistic" for the immediate future.

Yes we are certainly better off defensively. But our LO position is a mess.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other night I read comments that it would be Perez and not AJ in that category. But I agree. No matter how frustrating Teen is, he has been better than AJ since the ASB.
From the sounds of things there will be 6 starters. While I agree that Perez would probably win out over AJ if it came down to that, to me that is of very little consolation. AJ has made it past 6 innings in 20 starts and Perez 6 in 29 starts and is horrendous on the road. But we have more stake in him regarding needing him for the future. But I would not want either one starting in the playoffs so let's hope Yu, Hamels, Lewis and Holland finish strong at the end of the month.