• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random thoughts

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 75 pts separated the top K from the 30th last year. 100 pts separated Charles and Lynch.

Multi-Ks would, as expected, merely add to the boredom.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, devonta freeman is one of everyones favorite rookie RBs for the 2014 season.

But i am beginning to think he is best off if steven Jackson does not get hurt this season, i know that sounds a little weird since people are picking him because they dont trust Jackson, But from everything i have heard is that even if jackson does go down Freeman will not be a 3 down back, so why not pretty much do a 50% split to keep Jackson healthy and to get the dynamic Freeman his touches... If Freeman can get 10-15 carries a game and 2-10 cathces a game i think That would be the best case for Freeman's fantasy value...

Either way he is at best a flex option with or without Jackson...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but even if Jackson is out for a sustainable time, if Freeman does get a chance and coughs up the ball a couple of times, his shelf life may be cut short. (It's not like that hasn't happened to other rookies.) And Jacquizz will be forced to handle the RB duties. Which may not mean too much either if Julio and White are healthy.

Incidentally, the Falcons led the NFL in percentage of pass plays called in 2013. They attempted 445 passes compared to just 321 rushing attempts. So their offense tried to pass 67% of the time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, devonta freeman is one of everyones favorite rookie RBs for the 2014 season.

But i am beginning to think he is best off if steven Jackson does not get hurt this season, i know that sounds a little weird since people are picking him because they dont trust Jackson, But from everything i have heard is that even if jackson does go down Freeman will not be a 3 down back, so why not pretty much do a 50% split to keep Jackson healthy and to get the dynamic Freeman his touches... If Freeman can get 10-15 carries a game and 2-10 cathces a game i think That would be the best case for Freeman's fantasy value...

Either way he is at best a flex option with or without Jackson...

lol 10 catches!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, I would suspect that the Falcons ran so little because Quizz was their best option. I see that changing this year w/o Gonzo, and the addition of Freeman.

How did we get on this topic in this thread?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, I would suspect that the Falcons ran so little because Quizz was their best option. I see that changing this year w/o Gonzo, and the addition of Freeman.

How did we get on this topic in this thread?

sorry tko, I brought it up... I can not start my own threads, so i am putting my thoughts in the thread that i think can handle it the best... As this is random thoughts, I had a random thought about freeman...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry tko, I brought it up... I can not start my own threads, so i am putting my thoughts in the thread that i think can handle it the best... As this is random thoughts, I had a random thought about freeman...

I Wondered the same thing as Tko, but then again, as you said, random thoughts. ..seems appropriate enough. At least as appropriate as 2 kicker leagues.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 kickers.....let's do it next year in MBBRL! :wtf2:

wouldn't even bother with that nonsense. Never take a kicker before the last round. why give another owner a free shot at a sleeper you want to take a chance on? If snake draft, the same owners all would potentially get 2 shots at a guy you're eyeing.

if you even remotely hit on a sleeper in rd 14/15 you did very well. The trickle down from that pick could equate to not using your waiver spot early, and that could lead to getting a top RB/WR 4-5 weeks into the season when you have one of the top waiver spots. Little things like that go a long way, and you have to have at least some measure of luck if you are making a championship run.

everyone needs a low scoring victory, or their top opponent scoring the 2nd most pts in the league and still losing to a scrub team that has a lucky week, or catching the right owners with the studs on bye, or any of the other multiple small victories that build up together for a winning season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is def a thread for random thoughts

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Warren Moon married Moon Zappa, she'd be Moon Moon.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How silly does it look now, that the Skins didn't trade Cousins (or RGIII for that matter) when both had value last year? They'll never get a seventh rounder for either at this point.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching The Game Plan with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson... in the final scenes Dwayne (the QB) gets hit pretty good, and is clearly taunted by the NY player. No flag.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's place has gotta have the best burgers in town - never seen one of those.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's place has gotta have the best burgers in town - never seen one of those.
The only flaming helmet-cooked burgers in town...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I run some best ball leagues each year with friends, $100 buy-in, weekly high score pays out $50, overall 1st gets $200 and overall 2nd gets $100 at the end of the season. We do a slow draft, 4hr clock per pick, clock pauses at 10pm and starts back up at 8am each day. I remind everyone every year that they need to stock their queue if they think work will interfere with their picks.

Got a guy that was on the clock for 2hrs before the pause at night, then 2hrs again the next morning before it auto-drafted his pick in the 15th round, and he threw a crybaby bitch fit about it via text that spilled over to the league message board. I guess he forgot I have toddlers, so crying literally gets you nothing in my house, and makes me want to deprive you of the thing you want even more.

Not my first rodeo dealing with this guy bitching about stuff for fantasy football either.

Is it time to cut bait and stop inviting him to these leagues?

I'm definitely reaching the point in my life where I've become a lot quicker in cutting out people that complain about shit without taking personal responsibility for their actions. So far, I've been a bit snarky in my responses on the league message board, trying to tell him to F-off without saying those exact words.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with friends
Sorry that is happening.
if you are indeed friends, can you have a one-on-one talk with him?
Just to get thru this season. If this is habitual, then yes, i'd stop inviting him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry that is happening.
if you are indeed friends, can you have a one-on-one talk with him?
Just to get thru this season. If this is habitual, then yes, i'd stop inviting him.

just one of those guys that always complains about something - been in various different fantasy leagues with him for over a decade now, known him forever, but just isn't worth the headache. I should start charging him a commissioner's salary fee in order for me to put up with his bullshit in my leagues

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I run some best ball leagues each year with friends, $100 buy-in, weekly high score pays out $50, overall 1st gets $200 and overall 2nd gets $100 at the end of the season. We do a slow draft, 4hr clock per pick, clock pauses at 10pm and starts back up at 8am each day. I remind everyone every year that they need to stock their queue if they think work will interfere with their picks.

Got a guy that was on the clock for 2hrs before the pause at night, then 2hrs again the next morning before it auto-drafted his pick in the 15th round, and he threw a crybaby bitch fit about it via text that spilled over to the league message board. I guess he forgot I have toddlers, so crying literally gets you nothing in my house, and makes me want to deprive you of the thing you want even more.

Not my first rodeo dealing with this guy bitching about stuff for fantasy football either.

Is it time to cut bait and stop inviting him to these leagues?

I'm definitely reaching the point in my life where I've become a lot quicker in cutting out people that complain about shit without taking personal responsibility for their actions. So far, I've been a bit snarky in my responses on the league message board, trying to tell him to F-off without saying those exact words.

I’d say hard snarky is sufficient. 15th round, multiple warnings, standard rules… too bad so sad.

Mock him until he quits.