• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rams @ Seahawks 1:25 PST

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised there is no thread yet.

This is a very interesting game for the Seahawks. A Seahawk victory would be a pretty sizable upset. The Rams have looked like the best team in football so far and the Seahawks are still struggling to find their identity.

A crushing defeat and I think most of us would likely resign ourselves to a 7-9 win season.

A close defeat, however, could be an indication of improvement that could sneak us into the double digit win category.

A Seahawks victory, otoh, changes the entire narrative of the team. A victory would put the Rams coronation on hold and would vault the Seahawks into legitimate playoff contenders.

IMO, the defense has been unreasonably maligned by the national media. They seem completely consumed by the notion that the Seahawks defense is bereft of talent because we lost Sherm, Kam, Earl, Avril and Bennett.

But that's simply not true. Bobby Wagner is STILL one of the bests LBs in football. McDougal has been very competent as a SS. Shaquill Griffin has been REALLY good and is arguably one of the top young corners in the league. Tre Flowers has got better each week and looks like a legitimate starter.

The DL is filled with relatively unknown talent and it definitely not an elite unit but there are plenty of quality players on that line.

IMO, the Seahawks defense could absolutely finish as a Top 10 unit.

OTOH, the offense continues to struggle. But I do believe there is reason to be optimistic. Regardless of whether Schotty is a good OC or not, he will continue to get a better feel for the team each week and the OL continues to improve. Given that Russ always is a weaker opener and strong finisher, I think there are reasons to be optimistic that the O can become competent.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a close defeat would maybe me me think of a 8 win or 9 win season not double digits though, not for me. This is in Sea-link so they better show up unlike last season.

Also the last two Game threads were posted on Saturday or game day and both became wins for the Hawks. You just doomed them to a lose :(

Last edited:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can run, I think we will have a chance.
Can our D hold them to under 24?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to keep Gurley in check. I'd be happy with <70 yards & no TD's.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting us to lose at least by double digits.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be encouraged by a competitive game. We will need to throw caution to the wind a little (maybe a lot) with the offensive gameplan because we cannot afford to play it safe for the first 3 quarters in this one in hopes the D keeps us in it so RW can lead one good drive in the 4th qtr for the win. We can't go the whole game like we did in AZ without taking a single shot down field.

Guys on the radio keep bringing up the beating we took at home vs the Rams late in the season, but that was w/o Kam & Sherm and Wagner was on 1 leg. Now we're still w/o Kam & Sherm, but we've had the whole off-season to address that...and our secondary has been dang good so far IMO. If there's a SS playing better than McDougald or a CB playing better than Shaquill Griffin right now, then I just haven't watched enough football.

I can't say I expect a win here, but it wouldn't shock me if we made a good run at it. The OL has looked better (though lesser opponent weeks 3 & 4 vs 1 & 2), we are at home, and we still have RW. Hopefully Baldwin is more of a factor after having a game to warm up. Hopefully Carson is a go and can be effective. Hopefully the next next man up behind KJ (now that White Collar is suspended) is up to the task. Hopefully the OL continues on upward trajectory and doesn't look like it normally does vs Rams. Hopefully Brandon Marshall stops dropping the ball. Hopefully we catch a break and get the Rams on a down week, because as it's been said they aren't going 16-0 (but if there's a team right now I would bet to do it, it would be them). Lots of hoping.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even with a bad loss, if that's how it goes down, 2-3 with the Raiders up next isn't an unrecoverable position. It's away vs Oakland but neutral field. Beat them and go into the bye at 3-3 without new injuries, and after the bye we get KJ back, and maybe the rest of the schedule doesn't set up so bad with lots of home games and the younger players getting their legs under them a bit. Ed Dickson should also be back after the bye. 6-4 in the last 10 isn't out of the question IMO, so long as we continue to see OL improvement and get a little more daring with the game plan.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division game folks. Weird shit often happens.

I'll be nervous, likely PVR it and watch after the RT first half is done. I'm not expecting a Hawks win, but stranger things have happened. Maybe we can dust off some Jeff Fisher special teams nonsense. :)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the front line can get to Goff and keep him off balance forcing some three and outs plus mix in a TO, Seattle has an outside shot. Gurly will get numbers but the front 7 needs to limit those back breaking explosive plays.

The offense needs to wake up quickly and has to get points early to set a tone and must win ToP. Special teams has to be on point as well.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping for a win but could go either way.

Containing Gurley is a Most on defense. Like Tech said. 70 and 0 is good.

Offensively. We need to make them respect Russell legs and Carson. And challenge Peters who is hurt so Lockett the Rocket must have a good game

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like lopsided match up in favor of the Rams. However division games often times turn out differently then how it looks on paper. Let’s hope that’s the case this week.

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for off-topic, but the Seahawks . net forum has been down for 2 days.

Any info on this?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for off-topic, but the Seahawks . net forum has been down for 2 days.

Any info on this?
No info at all. I know the site was up for sale for some time. Maybe just ran out of money for the overhead.

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Harold.

Well, anyway, back to our game with the Rams.

We're at home and I expect a good fight.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be odd if the Seahawks did a "guaranteed win night" but for the Rams instead. Cuz, I'm pretty sure that's what is going to happen.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just concerned about our defense but our offense is concerning... Our offense is what's going to have to win this imo and I don't have much faith in it...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just concerned about our defense but our offense is concerning... Our offense is what's going to have to win this imo and I don't have much faith in it...

Hmmm I am... Rams probably have the best O-Line of what we've faced and Gurley is the leagues best back. If it wasn't for Case Keenum and Mitch Trib'INT'sky we would've been annihilated by Denver/Chicago. Arizona and Dallas are terrible.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope for a win, I expect a loss. Plenty of people felt we had a team that coulda been 12-4 last year with a better kicker - and that's a possibility. I only point that out, cause the team was actually very good last year, and the Rams came into Seattle and gave the Seahawks their biggest home beat down in 2 decades. Though I have high hopes for this team as the season moves on - right now they're nowhere near what last year's team was - and as such, they are gonna have to play the Rams much better than they did last December just to keep it close.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck fellas. Always a tough game with the crowd in Seattle