• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Off-Topic Thread-All issues Welcome

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford to play next game. Is everybody happy? :peace:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny football looked pretty good last night. Just saying. :evil:

Mostly in the third quarter of the first preseason game against 3rd teamers, but sure. He still needs to get his head right; there was one play in particular (I watched a little bit of the game until I could take no more of the horrible homer announcers) where he scrambled to barely get 1 yard for the first down when he had the fullback directly in front of him, wide open, who would have easily gotten the first down and more. He still wants to do too much himself. Even the homer crew called him out on it.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly in the third quarter of the first preseason game against 3rd teamers, but sure. He still needs to get his head right; there was one play in particular (I watched a little bit of the game until I could take no more of the horrible homer announcers) where he scrambled to barely get 1 yard for the first down when he had the fullback directly in front of him, wide open, who would have easily gotten the first down and more. He still wants to do too much himself. Even the homer crew called him out on it.

Ok I will rephrase. He looked pretty good against 3rd teamers in his first game. With homer announcers praising his every move. :pound:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I will rephrase. He looked pretty good against 3rd teamers in his first game. With homer announcers praising his every move. :pound:

They were unbearable. Calling wide throws "almost caught" when the receiver had no hope of even getting a finger on them, and all the build up with Manziel until he finally got in the game. Big deal that he was warming up, etc. I don't know if it was because I was bouncing between the Rams and Bills games Friday night, but I don't recall any big deal made when Sam got in the game. I may have missed it though.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were unbearable. Calling wide throws "almost caught" when the receiver had no hope of even getting a finger on them, and all the build up with Manziel until he finally got in the game. Big deal that he was warming up, etc. I don't know if it was because I was bouncing between the Rams and Bills games Friday night, but I don't recall any big deal made when Sam got in the game. I may have missed it though.

Aside from a mention or two in pre game, not a peep.

In fact, once the commentators noticed him get on the field, they actually said (paraphrasing) "... and here comes the first look we'll get at Michael Sam...".

...except for the fact that he'd already been in the game the 3 prior plays. :laugh:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Shopson and Caynine. The local announcers/analysis commentators were Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk. They have already let it be known previous to their first broadcast on NFL Network that they were not interested in any controversy-perceived or otherwise. So they didn't mention it much as as Sam was only in on 2 or 3 series max.

The people that beat it to death were ESPN in the postgame coverage of Friday night's games and some on Saturday morning. They would not stop talking about Sam's play and it was the only highlights that got the major exposure. It became evident that the ESPN was pushing something else besides highlights coverage.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly I don't pay much attention to announcer's. I can follow the game without them. But I understand where they are coming from the Browns much like the Rams haven't had a lot to cheer about in years so I can over look it. :suds:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Shopson and Caynine. The local announcers/analysis commentators were Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk. They have already let it be known previous to their first broadcast on NFL Network that they were not interested in any controversy-perceived or otherwise. So they didn't mention it much as as Sam was only in on 2 or 3 series max.

The people that beat it to death were ESPN in the postgame coverage of Friday night's games and some on Saturday morning. They would not stop talking about Sam's play and it was the only highlights that got the major exposure. It became evident that the ESPN was pushing something else besides highlights coverage.

Speaking of whom... someone really needs to get Torry Holt an updated roster. I heard him mention "Ray Ray McDonald" about a half dozen times, among other gaffes. :pound:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the distraction, though... there hasn't been any. Without question, Johnny Manziel gets more airtime than anyone on ESPN/NFLN these days. And even that doesn't matter.

They can beat that dead horse into glue and distract the fans all they want, for all I care. (Hell... they're gonna do it anyway.) Unless it actually affects the team, it simply doesn't matter to me one bit. :nod:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't pay much attention to announcer's. I can follow the game without them. But I understand where they are coming from the Browns much like the Rams haven't had a lot to cheer about in years so I can over look it. :suds:

At least they didn't have a drunk Bernie Kosar doing the color commentary this year, lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Caynine. I heard that with Holt. I kept thinking we don't have a Ray-Ray McDonald on our roster. I think Holt referred to Donald as McDonald once as well. Perhaps he was thinking about some Big Mac and frys or something. The mistakes were getting fairly blatant.

Yea I agree Shopson. Listening Kosar is the worst especially when he is drunk and I don't know when he is not inebriated during a broadcast.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss John Madden. I'm not a fan of Kris Collinsworthless.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ram family,

Does anyone here do ESPN Pigskin Pickem? I was wondering if there was a group for Sports SportsHoopla or even the Rams forum.

P.S. R.I.P. to Robin Williams and Michael Brown.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J-Rod. If you what to gamble on games of any sport, go to vBookie. That is what your vcash is for and you can gamble as long as you have vcash. Vcash does not translate into real money but if you have to gamble, then vBookie is the place here on the SportsHoopla.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J-Rod. If you what to gamble on games of any sport, go to vBookie. That is what your vcash is for and you can gamble as long as you have vcash. Vcash does not translate into real money but if you have to gamble, then vBookie is the place here on the SportsHoopla.

Thanks for the feedback, Retro.