• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Off-Topic Thread-All issues Welcome

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too Osark... How could the Rams have been so short sighted? Why did Vermeil leave? Why did they turn loose of Warner? Why let loose of London Fletcher? We did catch lighting in a bottle but the cork was loose. Almost like the dynasty fizzled before it got going...I think this is the season when the Rams will create a new Identity. I truly believe they will be a factor late in the season. We have some stiff competition, I know that; but I think this will be the best season we've enjoyed in years.
From your lips to Gods ears bunc! :nod:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too Osark... How could the Rams have been so short sighted? Why did Vermeil leave? Why did they turn loose of Warner? Why let loose of London Fletcher? We did catch lighting in a bottle but the cork was loose. Almost like the dynasty fizzled before it got going...I think this is the season when the Rams will create a new Identity. I truly believe they will be a factor late in the season. We have some stiff competition, I know that; but I think this will be the best season we've enjoyed in years.

Dick Vermeil was 64 freakin' years old. Lol. Besides... he'd accomplished what he'd set out to do and left the team in what he (wrongly) thought were capable hands.

Warner was cut loose because he was thought to be done. Hindsight is 20/20, but at the time, it wasn't a "horrendous" move. He was struggling and Bulger was very capable of running the team. Warner was "expendable".

London Fletcher chased the dollars to Buffalo. BUFFALO of all places. Ugh!

The rest of the collapse was piss poor coaching and management. The Shaw/Zygmut era has to be near the top of the list of absolute worst front offices in NFL history.

I think the "new identity" you're referring to is already here... and not a moment too soon. So far, it looks like this regime is finally doing it right... And thank God for that!

LET'S GO RAMS!!! :yahoo:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken, the Rams kinda pushed Dick Vermeil out and wanted the pass happy mad scientist to take over.

Kinda like they slightly pushed Warner out the door as well. They deserved it. We didn't, but that dumbass regime deserved it.

I tell everyone here in Dallas that Jason Garrett is nothing more than Martz 2.0

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken, the Rams kinda pushed Dick Vermeil out and wanted the pass happy mad scientist to take over.

Kinda like they slightly pushed Warner out the door as well. They deserved it. We didn't, but that dumbass regime deserved it.

I tell everyone here in Dallas that Jason Garrett is nothing more than Martz 2.0

Oh. I don't recall all that regarding Vermeil. But, if it was indeed the case, then... chalk yet another one up for the worst management EVER. Lol.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick Vermeil was 64 freakin' years old. Lol. Besides... he'd accomplished what he'd set out to do and left the team in what he (wrongly) thought were capable hands.

Not so fast! Dick Vermiel went on to coach the KC Chiefs from 2001-2005. He actually retired 3 times, he was the head coach of the Philidelphia Eagles from 1976-1982 then retired. He coached our Rams from 1997-1999 then retired. Then he retired in 2005 in KC.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this statement, otherwise why would he have gone straight to KC and coach for another 4 years?? Same thing with Warner!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not so fast! Dick Vermiel went on to coach the KC Chiefs from 2001-2005. He actually retired 3 times, he was the head coach of the Philidelphia Eagles from 1976-1982 then retired. He coached our Rams from 1997-1999 then retired. Then he retired in 2005 in KC.

Oh, damn, you're right, zeke2829! I must've completely blocked that from memory. Maybe there's some truth to what SJ is sayin' up there about Vermeil being pushed out of St. Louis.

Now I hate the old regime even more! :mad2:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, John Shaw and Jay Zygmunt were so incredibly dysfunctional and stupid to boot, they got rid of anyone who went againt their insanity and a number of people called them out and paid a dreadful price for doing so. They got rid of John Robinson in favor of Rich Brooks for similar reasons. The littany of getting rid of people is massive. Any Rams fan could name a mark of their insanity. Does the name Eric Dickerson ring a bell?

Shaw was the reason our drafts stunk it up after the 1979 Superbowl, because Shaw was firmly entrenched and brought Zygmunt along later and neither of them had one iota of sense on how to run a football team even at the Pop Warner level.They were intoxicated with power and of course they saved the Queen Idiot gobs of money until she croaked. There is a two decade long history of ineptitude and dysfunction that threw away so much talent and everyone knew it.

That is why Snisher is getting us going in the right direction, albeit ever so slowly.
Could they have done better? Yep, without a doubt, but at least Kroneke has a modicum of sense of how to hire football people who can at elast bring a modicum of stability to a storied franchise that set all kinds of negative, losing records in the NFL for far too long!!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Vermeil leaving on a high not of the super bowl W. But I am pretty sure the Rams wanted him to move on and Martz to take the HC position. Martz was a hot item and was going to be a head coach somewhere. The Rams didn't want to lose him.

I know Dick walked away. But why did he come back and right down I-70 in KC? Makes you wonder.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the good thing is, we can now finally see the light at the end of this decade long tunnel. I'm still curbing my enthusiasm for 2014, but it's pretty tough to shake the feeling that we're just so freakin' close.

Can't deny that the future is very bright for this team. :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Boss. I often had fantasies of owning a Veyron but now I think I would have to shift my allegiance to the Venom F-5. What a car. Yep, even pooling our resources, I doubt we could touch one of those wheels. The price tag is going to be north of $1.2 million so I am trying to figure out what bank I can clean out and not get caught to buy one of those.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Boss. I often had fantasies of owning a Veyron but now I think I would have to shift my allegiance to the Venom F-5. What a car. Yep, even pooling our resources, I doubt we could touch one of those wheels. The price tag is going to be north of $1.2 million so I am trying to figure out what bank I can clean out and not get caught to buy one of those.

It would be tough not to get caught once you're seen driving around in the Veyron, lol.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longtime, yeah pictures are always good for a good conversation. Had my share of decent cars, wish I had any of them now. Always traded them for what at the time thought was an upgrade. Not so sure how that worked out now.:L Had 52 chev pickup with the port hole windows, 66 Chevelle with a 427,:suds: 57 Bellaire with a upgraded 327, among a few others. Wow time flies, now just 3 BMWs, 85, 93 and 05, a 2004 1500 Ram and a restored 1979 Toyota 4X4 shortbed. All I need is a gun turret and it could be a fighting vehicle in the mid east. It will climb a wall but the 4 speed doesn't do well on freeways, haha. Enjoying the car conversation and a good thread for it.:nod:

I'll be taking lots of pictures next month when I'm at the auctions and will post them after. Probably won't stay for most of the "good" auctions, but I'll check out the cars and take pictures when I do, just won't see them sold.
The auctions go for like 8-10 hours, no thanks, the tix are only 15 dollars a day. I'll check out the cool cars in back, take some pictures, watch some of the auctions(since I do have a seat) and I'm gone. Can't see spending that much time at an auction in Vegas, especially with "better" things to do ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun in Vegas LongtimeRamsfan!

I'll be there next weekend to visit both my son's & sister-in-laws families.

Don't loose your wallet!!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny football looked pretty good last night. Just saying. :evil:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny football looked pretty good last night. Just saying. :evil:

And Thomas from zona looked better than Johnny. The birds may have found their future if Arians and Moore can work some more magic