• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year $20M with an option year for Bradford.

Rams should net a 3rd round pick for losing Watkins in next year's draft, provided they don't sign an expensive replacement.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for our D to demolish Sadford twice a year!!! He'll be lucky to last the first game against us...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the question that everyone will look back on and answer with: A possible mistake. We gave up our second and sixth for this guy and then he walks because we can't meet his demands. I am not sure this was a good deal in the long run because we made Woods our number one guy by play on the field.

Was the Los Angeles Rams’ trade for Sammy Watkins worth it?

You can't look at the Watkins trade in a vacuum like that Retro.

On paper it looks bad, a 2nd rounder and starting caliber CB for Watkins and a 6th rounder. But, what Watkins helped the Rams do this year can't be underestimated.

And, I'm sure the FO knew their chances were slim of keeping him due to their cap and their other FA's at the time they made the trade.

His numbers were pedestrian, but he also occupied the defenses best DB opening up things for Woods and Cooper, and his blocking was solid for Gurley.

I think, with what the Rams accomplished this past season, it was worth it overall. You can't say the Rams would've had the same success without him.

Woods now becomes the #1 guy taking the defenses best DB. Don't expect the same production from him next year. Look for Reynolds to benefit from Woods occupying the best DB just like he benefited from Watkins last season.

Plus, I fully expect the Rams to trade down to recoup their 2nd so it's all good. And even if they Don't, if they have another draft like this past one, it won't matter anyways.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year $20M with an option year for Bradford.

Rams should net a 3rd round pick for losing Watkins in next year's draft, provided they don't sign an expensive replacement.

Has any player ripped off NFL teams more that Bradford? Unreal how much teams give up for this guy based on the fact he was a #1 pick.

Got the richest rookie contract ever from the Rams. Got the Vikings to give up a 1st rounder and change to get him. Got Cards to pay him 20M to probably play half a season.

Greatest con man ever. Probably selling ocean front property in Arizona based on the potential California could disappear in a massive earthquake.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little bummed to see Watkins leave he had a knack for getting open in the end zone. There are some wide outs available.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tru goes to the Jets.... Good luck buddy, you'll need it!!! :lol:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN IT SNEAD DO SOMETHING TODAY

Don't expect much from the Rams other than extending Donald and trying to work a long term deal for Joyner and trying to keep RC.

They won't have alot of cap space beyond that. Hopefully they can sign a guy like LB Davis to try and replenish the LB core before the draft.

Rams have too much in house FA's to deal with to be chasing other teams FA's.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't look at the Watkins trade in a vacuum like that Retro.

On paper it looks bad, a 2nd rounder and starting caliber CB for Watkins and a 6th rounder. But, what Watkins helped the Rams do this year can't be underestimated.

And, I'm sure the FO knew their chances were slim of keeping him due to their cap and their other FA's at the time they made the trade.

His numbers were pedestrian, but he also occupied the defenses best DB opening up things for Woods and Cooper, and his blocking was solid for Gurley.

I think, with what the Rams accomplished this past season, it was worth it overall. You can't say the Rams would've had the same success without him.

Woods now becomes the #1 guy taking the defenses best DB. Don't expect the same production from him next year. Look for Reynolds to benefit from Woods occupying the best DB just like he benefited from Watkins last season.

Plus, I fully expect the Rams to trade down to recoup their 2nd so it's all good. And even if they Don't, if they have another draft like this past one, it won't matter anyways.

I don't know....not trying to be the debby downer here but the Watkins trade was somewhat robbery. Gave up a corner and a 2nd for a 1 yr rental who made it through the season. I think Watkins numbers would have been better with a 2nd year in the scheme but now I expect Woods and Cupp to have pedestrian seasons unless Higbee and the other TE step up big. Just another hole to fill without a number 1 wideout, not to mention a bunch of shitty reserves that are holding the LB spots. Do the rams expect to draft all LBs??? I mean....what's the plan here, besides to regress on defense.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't expect much from the Rams other than extending Donald and trying to work a long term deal for Joyner and trying to keep RC.

They won't have alot of cap space beyond that. Hopefully they can sign a guy like LB Davis to try and replenish the LB core before the draft.

Rams have too much in house FA's to deal with to be chasing other teams FA's.

he could atleast get those guys signed, how long have we been working with Donald on his???

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he could atleast get those guys signed, how long have we been working with Donald on his???

Yeah, with the time they've had, I'm surprised they haven't come to terms yet. They have to have a ballpark of what he wants judging from his holdout.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....not trying to be the debby downer here but the Watkins trade was somewhat robbery. Gave up a corner and a 2nd for a 1 yr rental who made it through the season. I think Watkins numbers would have been better with a 2nd year in the scheme but now I expect Woods and Cupp to have pedestrian seasons unless Higbee and the other TE step up big. Just another hole to fill without a number 1 wideout, not to mention a bunch of shitty reserves that are holding the LB spots. Do the rams expect to draft all LBs??? I mean....what's the plan here, besides to regress on defense.

What's up Jermaine!? Good to see you around man. Let's call this Watkins deal what it is. The Rams had so many ?? at WR last year coming into camp. Woods was in year 1 with the Rams, Kupp and Reynolds were in year 1 in the NFL, Thomas was a ? so bringing in Watkins made the WR really deep. Now? We know more about these guys and what they can do. They know the system and they are gelling with Goff. Watkins can do way more than just blow the top off a defense, but if that's all we really need then no need to pay $16-18 million per year for it IF the Rams think they can find another guy for that job.

I'm not sure if this system was the right one for Watkins and I'm actually surprised he went to KC and not a place like Jacksonville which would have been better for him and closer to home. SW needs touches and can do alot more than what he did in LA in the open field with his speed and break tackles.

Good luck to him. Now we need to score on another WR in the draft.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really was hoping we could have kept Watkins....not sold on Woods Cupp and Reynolds as the top 3... The other 2 benefited with Watkins being on the field.

I am sold on our WRs, granted Watkins is a good player and willing blocker. Woods outperformed Watkins, Kupp's future is so bright, besides the drops, which he will get over, he was a guy was one of the best and making third down catches and making defenders miss tackles. Reynolds needs more experience, but I expect the Rams to get a veteran WR to help the young guys out. Watkins wasn't worth 15 million per.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3