• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soon to cut GROB IMO, just not comfortable with Tre's injury history at this point in time.
Good thing we didn't cut GROB!!

The Tre’ Jackson era did not last long for the Los Angeles Rams. The former New England Patriots offensive lineman was waived today.

Jackson did not pass his physical. He was also cut by the New England Patriots earlier this offseason. The offensive lineman was a fourth-round pick, but did not play last season due to health issues.

Other NFL teams were aware that Jackson had “chronic” knee issues. The 24-year-old guard was picked up just two days ago.

Rams already waived Tre' Jackson after claiming him earlier this week

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre was pretty good at FSU. Hopefully he can get better and play more in the NFL

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that was unexpected.... I was kinda excited about us picking him up....now I see why he was available.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive linemen for Rams are all practicing at multiple positions
By Bryan Kalbrosky 19 hours ago

During the NFL offseason, the Los Angeles Rams are reportedly cross-training their offensive linemen at different positions in the trenches.

Rob Havenstein and Greg Robinson, who both struggled last season, have already undergone position changes. But today, Havenstein explained that Los Angeles hasn’t confirmed he will play right guard.

“I think a lot of guys are cross-training because we don’t know where we’re going to be … the best five are going to play, whoever that is. Guys are going to have to compete, work for the job, obviously myself included. We’re going to be fighting to get better together.”

As Havenstein explained, the Aaron Kromer-led offensive line will start the five most impressive players from the offseason.

Havenstein has made it clear that it’s more important to learn the scheme of the offense than the position.

Another reason why the offense may be practicing at multiple positions is to develop a more holistic approach.

“Right now, obviously, I’m trying to learn right guard. I have no idea where I’m going to be. I’m trying to learn left guard, right tackle. They don’t have me at center right now, which is a good thing because I haven’t snapped since high school. I’m really trying to pick up on the scheme of the offense rather than just learning one position.”

According to Havenstein, if everyone knows the whole scheme, they can have an understanding of the process rather than just at one spot.

The offensive line does not seem to be as big of a priority for the Rams as expected during the draft. But based on this information, Los Angeles would want to draft someone with experience at different positions at offensive line.

Geez, the coaching staff seems like they have a clue. We are not use to this.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feels double edged, yes it is nice that a guy can come and play multiple spots. but why can't we find a guy that can dominated a position....

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Havenstein said, its about getting to know the offense. That is the most important thing, that makes the offensive line a more cohesive unit. You also can get a better look at the players if you are the coach, this offensive line coach has never seen these players up close, so maybe he wants to see if a good center could be an even better guard, or vice versa. Putting the players in the best positions to succeed. Heaven knows only Fisher thought we were great at center and LT.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also shows you who is smart enough to "get" the offense

*cough* G Rob

*cough*

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, it'll be interesting to see if G-Rob can even make it as a starting guard!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, wait, wait.... This jackass who is basically KILLING our salary cap right now wants to stay? How about signing a cap friendly long term deal then? He wouldn't go to NO and sign a long-term deal because he wants to be in L.A.? I say, shut up and prove it....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @LongtimeRamsFan42 I had another ... Wait, wait, wait.... moment from this tweeted article, although I agree with yours...

It got overlooked in the draft last year, but former No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff struggled in college against top competition.

During the course of his Cal career, Goff went 0-8 vs. opponents that were ranked. Goff went 0-13 vs. opponents that ended the year ranked. And he went 0-12 vs. Oregon, USC, UCLA and Stanford.

Those struggles continued during Goff's rookie year, and the Rams are hopeful they can turn him around with new coach Sean McVay and offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur.
Wait, wait, wait....Who exactly overlooked Goff's struggles in college against top competition?

Sure as hell wasn't @SJ76, me and many others here on tHoop Rams' boards!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @LongtimeRamsFan42 I had another ... Wait, wait, wait.... moment from this tweeted article, although I agree with yours...

Wait, wait, wait....Who exactly overlooked Goff's struggles in college against top competition?

Sure as hell wasn't @SJ76, me and many others here on tHoop Rams' boards!!!

That would likely be Fisher and the other Snead(not Les)

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know I wanted Wentz more, but Goff is our guy we are married to him, wishing him the best.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know I wanted Wentz more, but Goff is our guy we are married to him, wishing him the best.
You are probably like most and didn't want either, I surely didn't.

I always go back to Brett Hudley, but it could just be the homer in me, but I always hear from the Packers how he was the steal of the draft and he has looked real good in the preseason.

Even then, I would have rather taken our best shot sometime during last season with Mannion, and then use all of those draft picks we gave away to Tennessee, to fill all those holes we have now.

Imagine if they drafted an LT like Taylor Decker at 15, a WR like Michael Thomas 45, and C like Graham Glasgow 76.

We would still have our No. 5 pick today to draft WR Williams or QB Tribusky or S Adams or CB Lattimore for example

Sean would be in his third season (2nd as a starter), but who the hell knows, maybe J.Fisher would still be around with his 7-9 Bullshit.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears trade up from #3 to #2 to take Trubisky. Bears give up 3rd and 4th this year and a 3rd next year for Trubisky! Wow !!!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably like most and didn't want either, I surely didn't.

I always go back to Brett Hudley, but it could just be the homer in me, but I always hear from the Packers how he was the steal of the draft and he has looked real good in the preseason.

Even then, I would have rather taken our best shot sometime during last season with Mannion, and then use all of those draft picks we gave away to Tennessee, to fill all those holes we have now.

Imagine if they drafted an LT like Taylor Decker at 15, a WR like Michael Thomas 45, and C like Graham Glasgow 76.

We would still have our No. 5 pick today to draft WR Williams or QB Tribusky or S Adams or CB Lattimore for example

Sean would be in his third season (2nd as a starter), but who the hell knows, maybe J.Fisher would still be around with his 7-9 Bullshit.

You wonder how good Hundley is sitting behind Rogers for 2 years. And what would it take to get him?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Jack Conklin was 1st team all pro as a rookie

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wonder how good Hundley is sitting behind Rogers for 2 years. And what would it take to get him?
My good friend, who is an FSU Football fan, was going on about how good Dalvin Cook is earlier today, and I was going to tell him he sounded just like you talking about the dude.

So I asked him... You know who you sound like?
He said yeah, just like Vitamike talking about Brett Hundley a couple of years ago. :lol:

I'd trade the 2016 No. 1 Overall for their 2015 Round 5 (147th Overall) straight up.

They would likely decline. :L