• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty tight bunc! A step in the right direction, and I can't wait to see the finished product once the gold is finally gone from the jerseys. Which reminds me, if the gold is gone, the logo on the shoulder could be gone too. I would like to see the shoulder adorn the Rams horn as was done in the past. Also wonder what the colored jersey's will look like.

In the NFL the home team gets to pick if they want to wear color or white jerseys for their home games. I think the home jerseys should absolutely be white. Make the away team deal with the elevated LA temps, it should give us a slight advantage when dealing with temps >80 degrees.

Agree about the Rams horn on the shoulders, should def be there...Doesn't look right without them

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That remnant of St Louis Gold will be eventually gone and as Vita stated, the old horn wrapping around the shoulder sleeve will probably replace the gold and the Ram insignia with the gold as well.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That remnant of St Louis Gold will be eventually gone and as Vita stated, the old horn wrapping around the shoulder sleeve will probably replace the gold and the Ram insignia with the gold as well.

If they REALLY had to make some of the jersey gold, they should've put it at the bottom part that you tuck in, just a LITTLE would stick out and BOOM there's the damn gold!!! :suds: :lol:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have never liked the St Louis Gold, they should replace that little bit of gold with the old LA gold.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CYngJaJUQAALdwg.png

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll go completely old-school when they change the unis to correspond with the stadium opening. I think they'll be based on the blue and whites, but with some updates (hopefully tasteful).

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think when teams do that it's just a way to increase merchandise sales. Everyone will have to have the new look is the thinking there.

Agreed, but I personally hated the "new" unis they brought out in 2000, so I guess it clouds my judgement a bit :lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the post by Rambunctious #2428. Those dark blue away jerseys are awesome!! I hope they bring those back!!! Man so many memories of badness, don't get me started!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are coming out the Rams are shopping franchised tagged CB Tru Johnson. Looks like the Rams have realized they screwed up Tagging him. No team is going to touch that $17 million a year. This organization does some stupid things. :noidea:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are coming out the Rams are shopping franchised tagged CB Tru Johnson. Looks like the Rams have realized they screwed up Tagging him. No team is going to touch that $17 million a year. This organization does some stupid things. :noidea:

They wouldn't be shopping him if there wasn't interest. Trying to recoup a 1st rounder in this draft perhaps?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't be shopping him if there wasn't interest. Trying to recoup a 1st rounder in this draft perhaps?

I guess that's what they are after. I just can't imaging a team that's going to give up a first and sign him to a mega contract. It's a pretty good FA year for CB's. Why not sign one and keep your draft pick. Maybe they will wait for the market to dry out?? I'll be surprised if they can pull it off.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's what they are after. I just can't imaging a team that's going to give up a first and sign him to a mega contract. It's a pretty good FA year for CB's. Why not sign one and keep your draft pick. Maybe they will wait for the market to dry out?? I'll be surprised if they can pull it off.

Dolphins are reportedly intending to outbid the Patriots for Butler (which would also cost a 1st rounder as an RFA). There are rumors that Landry might be trade bait; Landry for Tru? That would be easier for the Dolphins than fighting the Patriots for Butler.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are reportedly intending to outbid the Patriots for Butler (which would also cost a 1st rounder as an RFA). There are rumors that Landry might be trade bait; Landry for Tru? That would be easier for the Dolphins than fighting the Patriots for Butler.

Why would they trade Landry? He is an absolute stud. Isnt he under contract for one more year?? They would be better off overpaying for Butler then giving up a first round pick to the Rams and Then paying Johnson imo.

The problem I see is Johnson is still in control of the situation. He has to except a contract from another team but he might not want to unless it was just a crazy deal. He's guaranteed $16.7 million this year from the Rams. He can pocket that and be a FA next year and cash in to the highest bidder. His only risk would be if he would get hurt this year. but that's not really a risk when you have 30 million in the bank already. I'm guessing he takes the risk.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how I get the sense that as long as Demoff and Snead are in the FO operating, they are going to screw this thing up again royally and we are going to get shit for Tru. Unless we can recoup a first and a third, this nonsense is exactly that. When is this team going to stop shooting itself in the foot and into the future for cryin' out loud?! Are they going to do the same thing when A. Donald comes due for a raise? History now tells yes an emphatic YES!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how I get the sense that as long as Demoff and Snead are in the FO operating, they are going to screw this thing up again royally and we are going to get shit for Tru. Unless we can recoup a first and a third, this nonsense is exactly that. When is this team going to stop shooting itself in the foot and into the future for cryin' out loud?! Are they going to do the same thing when A. Donald comes due for a raise? History now tells yes an emphatic YES!!!
Considering what it may take to sign Donald long term, the CB talent in the draft this year, and the cost of a multi year deal for Tru too, could be the exact reason they are shopping Tru.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what it may take to sign Donald long term, the CB talent in the draft this year, and the cost of a multi year deal for Tru too, could be the exact reason they are shopping Tru.

I agree. just seems like a pretty big gamble to me on the Rams part franchising him. I'll be shocked if they get a first round pick for Johnson. With a deep CB draft and some other good FA CB's available I see no reason for a team to give up a high draft pick for a guy that had an avg year last year?

I know most will consider this crazy but if I'm the Rams I think about trading Donald. He will be so expensive and imo to much for a DT. If they could get 2 first rd picks and a 2nd this year for Donald I would do it. Good DT's are easy to come by. They could fill some key holes and lower the cap at the same time.