• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders and Reggie Bellyflop

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beside myself, the moves made yesterday tell me someone forgot to reset the clocks, Raiders overslept and did a complete faceplant on the first day of free agency. These totally unexpected transactions fly in the face of every statement that came out of the FO as the first important date on the NFL calendar approached, IMO, Reggie ought to be dusting off his resignation paperwork, I honestly have no idea what is going on in this mans head, letting Houston walk, the inexplicable Veldheer/Saffold fiasco, Jennings walks, DMC resigned, I am speechless.

This ugly duckling better swoon into a beautiful swan, so far RM has completely lost me.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beside myself, the moves made yesterday tell me someone forgot to reset the clocks, Raiders overslept and did a complete faceplant on the first day of free agency. These totally unexpected transactions fly in the face of every statement that came out of the FO as the first important date on the NFL calendar approached, IMO, Reggie ought to be dusting off his resignation paperwork, I honestly have no idea what is going on in this mans head, letting Houston walk, the inexplicable Veldheer/Saffold fiasco, Jennings walks, DMC resigned, I am speechless.

This ugly duckling better swoon into a beautiful swan, so far RM has completely lost me.

These moves are what I'm talking about in all other threads. No matter what he does going forward, you can't make these moves. Veldheer will be All Pro. He was replaced by someone whp has actually missed MORE games than DMAC. He let's Jennings walk in favor of a guy who could make as little as $100k this year. Nice fucking roll of the dice on that one. He let's Houston walk, who most likely would have given a bit of a discount, had negotiations started months ago. No matter what he does, he can't be excused for these total blunders.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the shock is gone from losing Veldy and Houston.. The OL is starting to come together.. Looks like we are going to be a power RUN team.. Watson\Saffold.. Watson\Saffold\Bergs.. Wiz2.. Bresel\KB..Howard.. The key is Watson!! If he balls our OL will be good!! Sparano one of the BEST OL coaches in the game coached up Howard, so im pretty sure he had input on our OL.. Keep signing players Reggie!!

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the shock is gone from losing Veldy and Houston.. The OL is starting to come together.. Looks like we are going to be a power RUN team.. Watson\Saffold.. Watson\Saffold\Bergs.. Wiz2.. Bresel\KB..Howard.. The key is Watson!! If he balls our OL will be good!! Sparano one of the BEST OL coaches in the game coached up Howard, so im pretty sure he had input on our OL.. Keep signing players Reggie!!

You better be sipping that kool-aid, ID. No guzzling at this early stage. :suds:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, ESPN had Saffold 3 and Howard 10 for FA OL guys.. And we got them both.. Our OL bro will be really good this year, we are VERY deep at OL now.. Its sucks losing Veldy bro.. But the Raider did upgrade the OL!! We are going to RUN with freakin POWER man!! ALL our OL guys CAN play all up and down that line, I like that!! Sparano will put them to use!!
Dang hopefully we can get Tuck, Woodley, Hatcher,Raji, Simms, Walker!! Not ALL but some of them!! We will be right back in the game baby!! Sign PLAYERS REGGIE!! iM STARTING to get a little HYPE going!!
Draft Teddy B or JF!! And I would like our chances!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when everyone used to say Veldy sucked. I'm not too hurt by it.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what the plan is now.. Build the TRENCH!! Well we got the 3rd and 10th rank OL guys in the FA market.. Veldy was rank 7th.. Im a big fan of Veldy but he no longer is a Raider!! My focus is on what we got NOW!! The dust is starting to settle, other than losing Veldy im ok with the moves we have made on our OL!! To ME our OL has been upgraded.. Time to focus on the D trench!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we are in a world of SHIT!! Saffold FAILS PHYSICAL!! When it rains it POURS on RaiderNation!!
I am freakin pissed off NOW!! Now we have to spend our FIRST PICK ON OL!! SMH!!!!!!!!!!
Our OL went from good to who knows with ONE TEST!! BUMMER!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNREAL!! Hey Reggie, you let Veldy walk, I DID NOT like it but it is what it is.. So you get Saffold and the dude is ranked pretty GOOD so im like ok him Howard and what we got already looks pretty GOOD, SPARANO AND ALL!! iM STARTING TO BELIEVE CUZ IT LOOKS GOOD ON PAPER!! BUT NOW WE LOOK VERY FOOLISH!! FIX IT!! AND NOT WITH OUR FIRST PICK!! FIX IT REGGIE!! I have NEVER been this MAD at my team EVER!! AS OF RIGHT NOW I WANT REGGIE FIRED!! WOW what a blow that test is for the Raiders and its fan base!! Lets see what tomorrow brings us.. Its not easy being a Raider fan!! But I love it man!! Raiders4life!!

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNREAL!! Hey Reggie, you let Veldy walk, I DID NOT like it but it is what it is.. So you get Saffold and the dude is ranked pretty GOOD so im like ok him Howard and what we got already looks pretty GOOD, SPARANO AND ALL!! iM STARTING TO BELIEVE CUZ IT LOOKS GOOD ON PAPER!! BUT NOW WE LOOK VERY FOOLISH!! FIX IT!! AND NOT WITH OUR FIRST PICK!! FIX IT REGGIE!! I have NEVER been this MAD at my team EVER!! AS OF RIGHT NOW I WANT REGGIE FIRED!! WOW what a blow that test is for the Raiders and its fan base!! Lets see what tomorrow brings us.. Its not easy being a Raider fan!! But I love it man!! Raiders4life!!

But he was cleared by other Drs. Was this just buyers remorse? :noidea:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought the Raiders just dodged a bullet. They paid top dollar for a guy that can't stay healthy when there were better guys on the market. I thought the Raiders should have gone after Monroe as he signed for similar money and was worth maybe going up to $9 million a year at least compared to Saffold.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought the Raiders just dodged a bullet. They paid top dollar for a guy that can't stay healthy when there were better guys on the market. I thought the Raiders should have gone after Monroe as he signed for similar money and was worth maybe going up to $9 million a year at least compared to Saffold.

Same here. :nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. :nod:

I know it didn't look good to back out but when you watch him go down half way through the season on the Rams team you will be very happy you let him walk. Believe me Bronco fans everywhere were celebrating when you guys signed him to that atrocious contract. Put a little damper on our celebration when he didn't "pass" his physical.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it didn't look good to back out but when you watch him go down half way through the season on the Rams team you will be very happy you let him walk. Believe me Bronco fans everywhere were celebrating when you guys signed him to that atrocious contract. Put a little damper on our celebration when he didn't "pass" his physical.

How are you with Decker to NYJ? Getting Ware most likely allows you to go for top WR, maybe even trade-up. Maybe get S. Smith?

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you with Decker to NYJ? Getting Ware most likely allows you to go for top WR, maybe even trade-up. Maybe get S. Smith?

I honestly didn't expect him back. He was going to command way more than I would have ever paid him. If he would have come back for around $5 million a year I could have been ok with that but beyond that no thank you. Decker was a solid guy when he was here but showed especially in the Super Bowl that he can be eliminated from games way too easily especially against teams that love to play press coverage. He just doesn't fight through it and would rather fight for a flag than fight for the ball.

Now what to do about the position? Steve Smith would be fine on a one year deal as he would bring some attitude to the offense but honestly the position I want them to still fill in Free Agency is MLB with Darryl Smith. The actual first move the Broncos made in FA was to resign Caldwell and when he got a chance last year he made the most of his opportunities so if nothing else he could fill in that role for Decker and do ok. Decker was our 4th or 5th option anyway in the offense so not like we need a major player at the position. I would then maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round look at WR unless somebody amazing fell to us in the 1st. This draft is deep at the WR position so no reason to reach. Develop the guy and hope by the end of the year he is top notch for the playoffs.

What you thinking the Raiders are going to do with that 5th overall pick? I seem to change by the day of who I see them taking. Honestly they could take about any of the guys that are rated top 10 and fill a need at this point. Good draft to be at the top for sure.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didn't expect him back. He was going to command way more than I would have ever paid him. If he would have come back for around $5 million a year I could have been ok with that but beyond that no thank you. Decker was a solid guy when he was here but showed especially in the Super Bowl that he can be eliminated from games way too easily especially against teams that love to play press coverage. He just doesn't fight through it and would rather fight for a flag than fight for the ball.

Now what to do about the position? Steve Smith would be fine on a one year deal as he would bring some attitude to the offense but honestly the position I want them to still fill in Free Agency is MLB with Darryl Smith. The actual first move the Broncos made in FA was to resign Caldwell and when he got a chance last year he made the most of his opportunities so if nothing else he could fill in that role for Decker and do ok. Decker was our 4th or 5th option anyway in the offense so not like we need a major player at the position. I would then maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round look at WR unless somebody amazing fell to us in the 1st. This draft is deep at the WR position so no reason to reach. Develop the guy and hope by the end of the year he is top notch for the playoffs.

What you thinking the Raiders are going to do with that 5th overall pick? I seem to change by the day of who I see them taking. Honestly they could take about any of the guys that are rated top 10 and fill a need at this point. Good draft to be at the top for sure.

To start, I like the Tuck pick-up. Now, we need the run stuffer up the middle. At 5, now that we lost Saffold, I could see taking Mattews or trading back & getting another LT. RM (Retardus Majorus) will most likely be happy with Watson at LT & go for TB at 5.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not trippin anymore!! Reggie is starting to get it done!! Tuck AND Woodley!!