• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quinn coming back to Kelly

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Quinn is coming back to team up with Kelly. This can be a good pick up. Also Autry Denson might be coming to ND.

How do you guys feel about these moves?

Good news ND is not losing Denbrock. He has turned down the HC position at Central Mich. I kind of shocked about this. I will take it.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was pointed out here previously, Denson is currently the RB coach at USF (although I don't thinks he's actually coached a day there yet). But he's from Fla. and probably knows the area pretty well. While it might take a while to feel comfortable as a recruiter, no doubt his age and background would be a help. I would be pretty optomistic about this hire. (if it happens).

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was pointed out here previously, Denson is currently the RB coach at USF (although I don't thinks he's actually coached a day there yet). But he's from Fla. and probably knows the area pretty well. While it might take a while to feel comfortable as a recruiter, no doubt his age and background would be a help. I would be pretty optomistic about this hire. (if it happens).

Not only that, but I believe he has coached at the high school level in Fla. as well, so has connections with the coaches already in place. I don't think his recent hiring by USF is much of an impediment, Lyght was just hired by Vandy too, and I don't think these guys have buyout clauses (can't imagine a lot of position coaches do). From what I gather, Denson has indicated he has interst if they offered him the job.

I don't know what role Quinn is being hired for. Will be interesting to see how that plays with Denbrock and the open slot for QB coach.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I think Denson can help recruit in Florida but he will need to be successful in other areas of the country to help ND.

Losing Alford is going to be Big. I guess we will find out next year. If we fall out of the top 15 we will see the impact.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn would be a nice fit at QB coach for this team. I like that move. Getting Denson would be nice like you all said, he knows Fla.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll fall out of the top 15 even without Alford.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll fall out of the top 15 even without Alford.

Will depend largely on their on-field performance this year. I think if they have a good year, they'll draw enough interest from Fla. and TX kids, even without Alford's or Cook's influence. Also, its important to note, as was discussed on ISD's power hour, that this upcoming class actually has some pretty talented kids from the mid-west, several in Mich, IL, OH and IN, and the homegrown guys are important to land, irrespective of the 1 or 2 we MAY get from Fla or TX. We land these guys, then we should do fine. Of course, we have a lot of competition now with Urban and Harbaugh, but we got in early on guys like Kramer (lets hope we keep him).

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Denson. I got his autograph after Lou's last home game vs. Rutgers, very gracious kid, I think it surprised him that I wanted his autograph. My hunch is that the Holtz connection is what got him a go at USF. Denson was a helluva back, especially for his size (or lack thereof). He isn't ND's All-Time leading rusher for not having skills or determination.

A shame that Quinn isn't able to make it in the NFL, the kid has an arm. If it weren't for the non-defense having teams we had during his time, he might've been a NC QB, because one thing's for sure, that kid scored or helped the team score a TON of points. I don't know what kind of teacher he is or can be but I don't think it can be all-bad to try the both of them out, I think it's always a plus to get former players/alums back unless they're Charlie Weis.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Denson. I got his autograph after Lou's last home game vs. Rutgers, very gracious kid, I think it surprised him that I wanted his autograph. My hunch is that the Holtz connection is what got him a go at USF. Denson was a helluva back, especially for his size (or lack thereof). He isn't ND's All-Time leading rusher for not having skills or determination.

A shame that Quinn isn't able to make it in the NFL, the kid has an arm. If it weren't for the non-defense having teams we had during his time, he might've been a NC QB, because one thing's for sure, that kid scored or helped the team score a TON of points. I don't know what kind of teacher he is or can be but I don't think it can be all-bad to try the both of them out, I think it's always a plus to get former players/alums back unless they're Charlie Weis.

That Jeff Quinn, not Brady Quinn.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ellen-sniffling-her-snot-o.gif

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doh, my bad.

I see now, he's been under Kelly for 21 freaking years except for the stint as HC at Buffalo which didn't seem to work out very well at all but not everyone's meant to be able to be the HC. I guess BK won't have many excuses for how his offense is run, he'll probably dump that on the players...

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doh, my bad.

I see now, he's been under Kelly for 21 freaking years except for the stint as HC at Buffalo which didn't seem to work out very well at all but not everyone's meant to be able to be the HC. I guess BK won't have many excuses for how his offense is run, he'll probably dump that on the players...

In fairness, success is pretty hard to come by at Buffalo (Turner Gill might be the exception). But yeah let's hope Sanford's outside influence can challenge his "familiar faces."