• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question for the real NFL fans here

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously from a scoring standpoint, it was less than exciting, but it really wasn't all that sloppy. I appreciate good defense, and how refreshing that the refs weren't a key factor the post game analysis.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good example of the ridiculous calls is when the patsies RB catches a pass and is tackled too quickly? Too quickly? You see that a million times and people go wow nice anticipation good D but the patsies get that call how? That is what is frustrating and needs to be fixed...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good example of the ridiculous calls is when the patsies RB catches a pass and is tackled too quickly? Too quickly? You see that a million times and people go wow nice anticipation good D but the patsies get that call how? That is what is frustrating and needs to be fixed...

It was not that he was tackled too quickly. It was because of the helmet to helmet......

th

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not that he was tackled too quickly. It was because of the helmet to helmet......

th
No it wasn't they said defenceless receiver. He had the ball but he was defenceless??? Ya ok.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So there are endless threads for weeks after some ump makes a few bad strike calls? You really don't see the difference? People are still talking about the 'tuck rule' for pete's sake

Yeah, baseball fans definitely never talk about Jeffrey Meier or Jim Joyce/Armando Gallaraga or Don Denkinger or...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wasn't they said defenceless receiver. He had the ball but he was defenceless??? Ya ok.

Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
  1. forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really follow the sport closely, so I have a question for you guys who do.

Every game thread is at least 50% complaining about refereeing. Winning team fans, losing team fans, doesn't matter. It's all serious or snarky takes on the refs and who paid them more, how blind they are, etc. Every drive: refs saved them, refs killed them. Every drive.

And this year, with the Saints no-call debacle, it symbolizes the problem.

So, I get that you grew up watching with your dad, and you have your team and tribe, and you pay close attention so you care what happens. But then the whistle blows and it's all refs this and refs that.

Add in the brain damage, the girl beating, the anthem bullshit....why are you still watching? Anyone plan to make a change after this awful SB?

Honestly there is one thing that is being discussed.

Having some penalties or non calls be reviewable.

The two that I can remember, and someone correct me if I am wrong or if I forgot some, are PI and Roughing the passer

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
  1. forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck
Do you believe that it was illegal? I'd have to watch it again but the announcers said that it wasn't much at all. The hold on the rams center was ten times worse and it wasn't a hold...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have been the worst SB ever. But that's the way it goes. Some great playoff games and an equal amount of great regular season games.

Great coaching killed off a great deal of the offense of both teams.

I disagree about this being the worst. XX was the worst.

I think that we ,as fans, were used to seeing a 35-28 or higher as the final. I can't remember the last time I saw a SB like this.

I quite enjoyed a change of pace.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe that it was illegal? I'd have to watch it again but the announcers said that it wasn't much at all. The hold on the rams center was ten times worse and it wasn't a hold...

"A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner."

"Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
  1. forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck"
It's the rules! Yes, it was illegal - and they called it!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about this being the worst. XX was the worst.

I think that we ,as fans, were used to seeing a 35-28 or higher as the final. I can't remember the last time I saw a SB like this.

I quite enjoyed a change of pace.
You can't remember because it's never happened. By far the lowest score.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner."

"Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
  1. forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck"
It's the rules! Yes, it was illegal - and they called it!
The guy didn't propel himself he wrapped him up see it multiple times in a game with no call. When it's the patsies you always see the opposite...it was weak very weak.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone plan to make a change after this awful SB?

I left baseball after the McGwire/Sosa debacle. They actually cleaned that up pretty quickly, but by then I was already intrigued by the fact that stats are meaningless in determining a players skill level in football.

But after the NFC championship game, (The last straw. This has been a problem for awhile.) I'm going to have to learn all the baseball players again.

By the way, the SB was well officiated and the outcome was determined by the players. This isn't the case far too often.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy didn't propel himself he wrapped him up see it multiple times in a game with no call. When it's the patsies you always see the opposite...it was weak very weak.

"Propelling" is a different section. Are you implying that the ref's made multiple calls against him on this play?

"Former referee and CBC analyst Gene Steratore said on the broadcast that Robey-Coleman did not give Burkhead time after the catch, and Burkhead was defenseless. The drive ended with a missed 46-yard field goal by Stephen Gostkowski."

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Propelling" is a different section. Are you implying that the ref's made multiple calls against him on this play?

"Former referee and CBC analyst Gene Steratore said on the broadcast that Robey-Coleman did not give Burkhead time after the catch, and Burkhead was defenseless. The drive ended with a missed 46-yard field goal by Stephen Gostkowski."

Wait Scaritore works for CBC.....

What would they want with a NFL referee when there highest rated shows involve hockey????