• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB options for next year

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible but I feel he sit tight and hope. Have plenty of needs and already missing a second round pick ( traded away for a rent a player).
That missing 2nd does hurt. This could be a trade back to gain a couple of picks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading back is more JS style, haven't been a fan of that but this draft I could see it working out perhaps.
Considering the past 2 drafts they haven't reached for players I would be confident they get it right.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hollywood Russ in the house!!!!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised honestly, pretty certain he will be our starter

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised honestly, pretty certain he will be our starter

I thought it was close to a 100% certainty he would be coming back. Even if they want to move on from him, they aren't just going to jump off a cliff by cutting him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A breakdown of McCarthy as a QB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is definitely the starter now. Since his contract is now guaranteed for the year, cutting him is not an option, trading him is probably not either since so many teams are going to draft QBs and you got Cousins/Fields floating out there. We could still draft a QB but I don't think Seattle will go that approach at all.

I think Seattle will simply shore up the IOL/DL and linebacker position, and call it a day. Given how atrocious the line was last year (injuries granted) and Carroll's pedestrian playcalling (did he forget tight ends can receive?) and a defense that could not get their ass off the field (3rd worst 3rd down conversion % allowed), Geno did pretty well. And Geno played injured for a number of games thanks to that tackle that is now a penalty and ejection worthy (rule change after that).

I don't see Seattle drafting a QB at all this draft. If they do it's going to be a 3rd or 4th rounder... it wont be McCarthy. I think they grab the best OL or DL available at 16 if a trade down isn't an option and if a trade down is the option I still see them going with the best OL or DL available.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is definitely the starter now. Since his contract is now guaranteed for the year, cutting him is not an option, trading him is probably not either since so many teams are going to draft QBs and you got Cousins/Fields floating out there. We could still draft a QB but I don't think Seattle will go that approach at all.

I think Seattle will simply shore up the IOL/DL and linebacker position, and call it a day. Given how atrocious the line was last year (injuries granted) and Carroll's pedestrian playcalling (did he forget tight ends can receive?) and a defense that could not get their ass off the field (3rd worst 3rd down conversion % allowed), Geno did pretty well. And Geno played injured for a number of games thanks to that tackle that is now a penalty and ejection worthy (rule change after that).

I don't see Seattle drafting a QB at all this draft. If they do it's going to be a 3rd or 4th rounder... it wont be McCarthy. I think they grab the best OL or DL available at 16 if a trade down isn't an option and if a trade down is the option I still see them going with the best OL or DL available.
You may be right but seems like they will just be spinning their wheels to no effect. Both middle LBs and the only back up are free agents, two OL are free agents. Two out of three TEs are FA and the third likely gets cut, safeties likely get cut for cap space. Lockett likely cut. Other players are not preforming. So is success likely for 2024 or 2025? 2026 lots of key FAs and the Seahawks will be using the draft to replace them.
The NFL teams constantly churn players. QB is the one position where a team can have some stability. Not every draft has a good crop of QBs and even if it's a good crop they could go ahead of the Seahawks pick. My belief is that if you need youth or just a upgrade and you have a shot at a QB you like, you take him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main strength of the roster is the offensive skilled positions and Geno just doesn't maximize them, but they lift him into a average-ish type QB. If you don't to waste those skilled players get a QB that can raise their play.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main strength of the roster is the offensive skilled positions and Geno just doesn't maximize them, but they lift him into a average-ish type QB. If you don't to waste those skilled players get a QB that can raise their play.

I'm curious to see what else comes out regards to Shane Waldron's reputation here in Seattle... Interesting to hear Njigba not giving him a very good stamp of approval when he was being interviewed by the Chicago Bears media during the SB week... I haven't heard one player mention that they were bummed out when he went to Chicago... I wonder if there was some division and/or lack of faith in their Waldron among the players... Was his scheme not helping the offense be successful? Was our OC the one holding back our offense? Who knows... I'm curious to see how the offense performs this year w/ an entirely new regime...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see what else comes out regards to Shane Waldron's reputation here in Seattle... Interesting to hear Njigba not giving him a very good stamp of approval when he was being interviewed by the Chicago Bears media during the SB week... I haven't heard one player mention that they were bummed out when he went to Chicago... I wonder if there was some division and/or lack of faith in their Waldron among the players... Was his scheme not helping the offense be successful? Was our OC the one holding back our offense? Who knows... I'm curious to see how the offense performs this year w/ an entirely new regime...
if grubb has full control of the offense, I expect it to be at least more interesting and fun to watch.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if grubb has full control of the offense, I expect it to be at least more interesting and fun to watch.
I'm going to assume Grubb as full control of the offense or he wouldn't have left Bama.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting chart. It seems the days of letting QBs 'sit and learn' for the most part seems to be pretty gone. If you're taking a QB early, you're throwing them in. Some of those (like Dallas in 2020) are kind of anomalies because everyone got injured. They started DiNucci for like a game who was a 7th round pick. That said, even if it's a late round pick teams seem more willing to throw those guys to the wolves as well to see if they get another Wilson/Brady/Purdy/Garporrlorlrorl, etc.