• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB options for next year

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this by saying that I don't really have a strong opinion on what we should do at 16 or at QB.

Brock is all in on JJ MCCarthy. If we agree with his assessment that he is the best QB we have any chance at, what would you be willing to do to get him?

Sounds like he won't make it out of the top 10.

So how bout 16, DK Metcalf and next year's 2nd?

As I said, I'm basing this solely on Brock's assessment. Entirely possible that Penix or Nix are better fits or that drafting a QB isn't even the right move

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this by saying that I don't really have a strong opinion on what we should do at 16 or at QB.

Brock is all in on JJ MCCarthy. If we agree with his assessment that he is the best QB we have any chance at, what would you be willing to do to get him?

As I said, I'm basing this solely on Brock's assessment. Entirely possible that Penix or Nix are better fits or that drafting a QB isn't even the right move
Personally I don't share Brock's assessment of McCarthy but he has grown on me so if the Seahawks draft him I'll be fine with it. Not sure about moving up for him when Penix likely can be had without moving up. Sure maybe some west coast bias but Penix has delivered two big seasons for his team and may have the best arm in the draft so I'd rather go with him at 16.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't share Brock's assessment of McCarthy but he has grown on me so if the Seahawks draft him I'll be fine with it. Not sure about moving up for him when Penix likely can be had without moving up. Sure maybe some west coast bias but Penix has delivered two big seasons for his team and may have the best arm in the draft so I'd rather go with him at 16.
I'm fine with whoever JS wants. If it is Penix then great. If it is McCarthy then I would rather he does what it takes to get him rather than settling for option 2

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with whoever JS wants. If it is Penix then great. If it is McCarthy then I would rather he does what it takes to get him rather than settling for option 2
Well then I would guess JS would like Williams, Maye or Daniels.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then I would guess JS would like Williams, Maye or Daniels.
Maybe but there is also a prohibitive cost to moving up to get them. And we don't know what JS thinks about any of these QBs

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd pass on moving up to take JJ for reasons I'm not sure what he really is. He wasn't asked to do much with a heavy run first offense backing him with a top defense in the country. Nix and Penix I can say has put the team on their shoulders for game winning drives. FO might have a chance at both at 16.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass on moving up to take JJ for reasons I'm not sure what he really is. He wasn't asked to do much with a heavy run first offense backing him with a top defense in the country. Nix and Penix I can say has put the team on their shoulders for game winning drives. FO might have a chance at both at 16.
they are also 3 years older and played in a defensively weak conference.

Like I keep saying, I'm fine with whatever JS does. Hell if he sells the farm to get Daniel's that's fine with me.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are also 3 years older and played in a defensively weak conference.

Like I keep saying, I'm fine with whatever JS does. Hell if he sells the farm to get Daniel's that's fine with me.
I'm not too worried about age since most QB's play into their late 30's

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried about age since most QB's play into their late 30's
Also playing longer in college in theory should help development of the QB. so should be more plug and play then someone who's played less games. They are getting training and experience on someone else dime.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also playing longer in college in theory should help development of the QB. so should be more plug and play then someone who's played less games. They are getting training and experience on someone else dime.
Penix 6yrs and Nix 6 to 21yrs college experience. Both should be day 1 starters.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll hold my breath if we trade up for a QB. I guess it would be exciting though -- definitely a departure from what we've come to expect of this team in the draft. I just see it go wrong so many times. Has certainly been interesting listening to Brock gush over McCarthy.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on drafting a QB (either in rnd 1 or after), it's notable that in quite a bit of QB developments in day 1 of the FA negotiation window (to include guys who will likely be backups in 2024), no news on Drew Lock. Bringing him back as the QB2 doesn't mean we can't or won't draft a QB, but it's hard to envision going into the season with Geno, Lock, and an early round QB unless you're just going to make that rookie inactive nearly every week. But the question I think is a pretty good one: if Drew Lock comes back on a deal that seems to indicate he might be in the team's plans beyond 2024, do we still think the team could have designs on going after a QBOTF in this draft?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah Fant coming back. Preferred Parkinson but I'm ok with 2 years and 21 million

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah Fant coming back. Preferred Parkinson but I'm ok with 2 years and 21 million
I'm good with how it worked out at TE. Fant is the best athlete of the group we had, and I'm encouraged that he can do more in Grubb's offense.

I also just saw that Leonard Williams is coming back, so that's also good news.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. So why aren't they ahead of Daniel's or Maye?
They come from power schools from power conferences.

USC
LSU
North Carolina

Washington/Oregon are not on that same level being in the Pac.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? Noah Fant is a FAR better option than Parkinson.... the Parkinson contract was quite possibly the dumbest contract given out today...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They come from power schools from power conferences.

USC
LSU
North Carolina

Washington/Oregon are not on that same level being in the PAC-12
you may want to re-read what you wrote here

as I have said, I'm cool with whatever JS at the QB position. I definitely think he is looking. But I d one think he will draft someone just to draft someone.