• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Draft class

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would trust their judgement on who to take. By all means whoever the player is please don't let it be a bust like Aaron Curry.

It's always a risk.

I'm hoping that they generally stick to consensus picks again. That worked out well for us

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Rick Mirer, I’m scared to draft a QB with a top pick, everyone said he was the next possible Joe Montana, even Bill Walsh liked Mirer … But then again, I’m scared to draft a top LB after Aaron Curry … LoL But in all seriousness, one thing John has proven, he seems to understand what makes a good QB, he had Wilson targeted for a long while, then wanted Mahomes, so we gotta trust in John and feel pretty good if he targets a QB he must really see something he likes …
The guy that fits that mold is levis, and Richardson also. Taking either at 5 is a scary prospect to me

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that fits that mold is levis, and Richardson also. Taking either at 5 is a scary prospect to me

Levis strikes me as a guy that could move up in the offseason. I wouldn't be shocked if he winds up taken in the top 5. Not because I think he should or shouldn't be. But he's got all the measurables and I can see teams getting googly eyes with him after the combine/pro day.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A
Levis strikes me as a guy that could move up in the offseason. I wouldn't be shocked if he winds up taken in the top 5. Not because I think he should or shouldn't be. But he's got all the measurables and I can see teams getting googly eyes with him after the combine/pro day.

Agreed... I'd be shocked if he made it past the Colts at #4...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A

If the bears trade down, he will be gone before we pick. That leaves Richardson.

A lot can change between now and draft day, but right now that would be a huuuuge reach

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the bears trade down, he will be gone before we pick. That leaves Richardson.

A lot can change between now and draft day, but right now that would be a huuuuge reach

I don't see Richardson moving that far up.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know, he could blow the doors off the combine and some team might fall head over heels for him.

Hypothetical, if Bryce Young somehow fell to 5, do we draft him?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know, he could blow the doors off the combine and some team might fall head over heels for him.

No thank you

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn’t draft Bryce, I don’t want another short QB, they list him at 6.0 but he’s probably 5.11 … It’s kinda rare when the shorter QB’s end up being elite, it happens but not that often ..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends who else is available. A undersized QB is not tasty but this guy does have the tools.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing I think we all need to realize here regarding the QB issue and/or what to do at 1.5 is that there is a prescribed order for how this will go. Before we are really anywhere near the draft, we'll know where Geno ends up and we'll also know if the Hawks signed a QB (Geno or someone else) as the presumed starter. We've wrapped ourselves around the axle (myself included) on this debate over the past couple months, but the landscape of that discussion changes significantly probably within the first 48 hours of free agency. Nearly 6 weeks before the draft, we'll know what starting quality FA QBs signed where.

I think Flyer mentioned that one possible scenario is we draft a QB (maybe later than 1.5) to come in and compete with Drew Lock. Minor point, but Lock is a UFA after this season. I suppose he may be open to the idea of coming back to compete if Geno leaves (and no one like Derek Carr or Jimmy G is signed), but he might be making his decision on that way before the draft as well.

Most likely an unpopular opinion around here on the heels of a rough night for him vs Georgia, but I like the idea of Duggan under center for the Hawks. I wouldn't blow that top 5 pick on him, but I think he has intangibles as well as the physical talent to be a quality NFL starter. If he's still available in the 3rd or 4th round, I could justify picking him there even if Geno has been re-signed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t draft Bryce, I don’t want another short QB, they list him at 6.0 but he’s probably 5.11 … It’s kinda rare when the shorter QB’s end up being elite, it happens but not that often ..
I agree. Not high on Bryce Young as an NFL QB. Just too slight, and I am not over the moon with his arm.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing I think we all need to realize here regarding the QB issue and/or what to do at 1.5 is that there is a prescribed order for how this will go. Before we are really anywhere near the draft, we'll know where Geno ends up and we'll also know if the Hawks signed a QB (Geno or someone else) as the presumed starter. We've wrapped ourselves around the axle (myself included) on this debate over the past couple months, but the landscape of that discussion changes significantly probably within the first 48 hours of free agency. Nearly 6 weeks before the draft, we'll know what starting quality FA QBs signed where.

Yeah. We'll know a lot more about the plans for the Hawks sometime in early March. If they resign Geno, then it is unlikely they draft a QB early. If they transition tag him, there is a decent possibility. If they let him go and don't sign Carr or Jimmy G then a QB early is almost a given.

I think Flyer mentioned that one possible scenario is we draft a QB (maybe later than 1.5) to come in and compete with Drew Lock. Minor point, but Lock is a UFA after this season. I suppose he may be open to the idea of coming back to compete if Geno leaves (and no one like Derek Carr or Jimmy G is signed), but he might be making his decision on that way before the draft as well.

I would think that Lock would come back especially if Geno walks. FTR, I would be very surprised to see the Seahawks let Geno walk. 30 mill/year is a bargain compared to what Carr is likely to get.

Most likely an unpopular opinion around here on the heels of a rough night for him vs Georgia, but I like the idea of Duggan under center for the Hawks. I wouldn't blow that top 5 pick on him, but I think he has intangibles as well as the physical talent to be a quality NFL starter. If he's still available in the 3rd or 4th round, I could justify picking him there even if Geno has been re-signed.

He is ok. Seems slow. His accuracy is suspect.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duggan is projected to go in round 5, I would be fine taking him there if we keep geno.

He isnt day 1 starter material, but then only 2 guys are in this draft (or so most people think).

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that Lock would come back especially if Geno walks. FTR, I would be very surprised to see the Seahawks let Geno walk. 30 mill/year is a bargain compared to what Carr is likely to get.
I think the only way Lock would decide to return (assuming the Hawks would have him) is if the team tells him they aren't going to sign a starter (Geno Smith, Jimmy G, Derek Carr, not sure who else would be on that short list) and won't take a QB at 1.5 who would essentially be expected to start. I have to think Lock wants to go somewhere with a chance to win a job, and I doubt that is in Seattle.
He is ok. Seems slow. His accuracy is suspect.
He played great this season, last night not a good indicator. He might not be a blazer but makes plays with his feet consistently. Total gamer, tons of heart and has the arm IMO. I can understand questioning accuracy as long as it isn't just based off last night, but Josh Allen also wasn't known for that coming out of college. I think Duggan was right around 64% the last 2 seasons? Not amazing but also not horrible, and he was 8.9 ypa with 30 TD to inly 6 INTs this season aside from last night's drubbing. And this isn't Tim Tebow 2.0, either. Duggan can actually pass.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A

Possibly, but I doubt the Colts pass Stroud if Chicago keeps their pick. If someone like Carolina, Atlanta or whatever want Levis bad enough, I hope the Hawks trade down and get more picks rather than draft him that high. If Stroud is there at #5, that could change the conversation but I'm still a little gun shy on all these kids.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but I doubt the Colts pass Stroud if Chicago keeps their pick. If someone like Carolina, Atlanta or whatever want Levis bad enough, I hope the Hawks trade down and get more picks rather than draft him that high. If Stroud is there at #5, that could change the conversation but I'm still a little gun shy on all these kids.
I am 100% in agreement with you. I do not want to take a shot at one of these quarterbacks in the top five…. Defense is what lost us most of our games. That is what we need to focus on. Trading down is exactly what I want to do if Jaylin Carter is not available at number five.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% in agreement with you. I do not want to take a shot at one of these quarterbacks in the top five…. Defense is what lost us most of our games. That is what we need to focus on. Trading down is exactly what I want to do if Jaylin Carter is not available at number five.
Yeah, we need defensive help, desperately… I’d take Anderson at 5 if he’s there, he looks like a beast, but Carter is number one…

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stroud falls to 5 you have to take him and with this draft being heavy on the defense you can still load up on the D-line and a LB with the next 3 picks.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stroud falls to 5 you have to take him and with this draft being heavy on the defense you can still load up on the D-line and a LB with the next 3 picks.
So the team will have to make the Geno Smith decision well before the draft. If he's re-signed for starter money on a multi year deal, you still would advocate for Stroud at 1.5??