• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Purdue 73 WVU 70

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old story here: WV competes but falls short in the end. One thing any young team must remember when they endure a stretch of games like this is that it is the "little things" that allow you to win games of this nature. Things like setting good screens, squaring up on a jumper, boxing out on the glass, making the extra pass, etc. Hopefully, they can clean this up and get a dgree of consistency heading into conference play.

WV got a strong performance from Fresman Devin Williams who scored a career high 20 points to go along with 12 rebounds. Harris scores 24 and Staten 14. WV was beaten on the glass in this contest 45-38 which I saw as one of the big difference makers. Another issue I saw was people standing around in the offense allowing the defense to key on Harris and Staten thus making it more difficult for us to score. In all the years Huggs has been here in Morgantown, his offensive game plans have been less than stellar. With the new rules changes on defense, it hurts when you don't have a good offensive scheme. And when you miss 15 of 18 3 point attempts, it makes it much harder to win games. Wv also shoots a poultry 36% from the field as a whole.

So in conclusion, to say I am dissappointed would be an understatement. We must improve and it appears we have hit the brick wall again. But more importantly than basketball, is that each and every one of you Mountaineer Fans have a blessed and Merry Christmas. Tell your loved ones just how precious they are to you this Christmas as we live to see another year. Have a great day Mountaineer Fans whereever your country road takes you this Christmas Holiday!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a merry Christmas to you mr die hard.

Always a great day to be a mountaineer.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having flashbacks.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas to you and yours too sir.

To the game, awful shooting will do that. 36% and 3 of 18 from won't get it done. Yet we only lost by 3, damn. This teams a year away.