• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSU vs UCF game predictions

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU 27 UCF 24. UCF is a better team then Syracuse and EMU so lets hope PSU can finally start off the game well. Hack needs to calm down during his 1st night game and just hit his targets. The o-line needs to make holes for the RB's and the defense needs to continue its good work.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go 31-23 PSU. I think this is tight throughout, but Hack continues to mature and develop and in the end, we simply have more talent on the field. Hoping Hull makes it back this week, we could use him against this team. Think team will be ready to go for the evening start. Noon stats they always seem to come out sleep walking. Hack won't have the first home game jitters either.

I'll be there this week, looks like it might be a little chilly as sun goes down.....perfect football weather.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are ya'll going to the game?? I'm really hoping there will be a decent amount of fans there!

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the announced crowd was from last week but it was as empty as ive ever seen Beaver

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
92,683... wow.. empty

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh :( breaks my heart..how are so many people turning their backs on this program?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern Mich had about 12 people in their section.. so theres that.. The upper decks were pretty barren.

They even brought their band. some will say it was still loud in there but thats because the scoreboards were blaring unbeliveably loud & unbearable music & sounds from them. It gave me a headache

Last edited by a moderator:

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see..I guess 92k really isn't bad when you think of the situation at hand, and what we were expecting when the sanctions were announced..it's just disappointing how many people are failing to support this team because of the Board of Trustees, or whatever reason

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hack lights them up as UCF's defense gets their first real test of the season.

PSU 33-17

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh :( breaks my heart..how are so many people turning their backs on this program?

They're not, its been like that with lackluster games for about a decade and its for a variety of reasons. The STEP program chased some longtime fans away as well and was implimented at worst possible time/ Couple all that with the fact these crap games are all now on TV as well and people don't want to spend $60 + travel expenses to see Eastern Michigan's. I think this game will be packed since its a 6:30 start and people can tailgate all day.

Attendance is down overall in college football with so many games televised and HD TV making it easy to stay home.

.....and yes, I will be there :-)

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is an upset.

UCF 28
PSU 17

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see..I guess 92k really isn't bad when you think of the situation at hand, and what we were expecting when the sanctions were announced..it's just disappointing how many people are failing to support this team because of the Board of Trustees, or whatever reason

Don't believe attendance numbers. They are fudged. 92,000 is how many tickets were sold or given away, it does not mean how many are at the game.

Article from some Pennsylvania site

Exploring the decline in Penn State home football game attendance | PennLive.com

One example in the article, lists that if you want to go to Nebraska or Michigan you also had to buy Eastern Michigan or Kent State tickets. Knowing Nebraska fans, they BOUGHT those tickets but only plan on driving to State College for the Nebraska game.

I really enjoyed the Nittany Lion Inn when I stayed there.

BTW, Penn State wins and covers the -5.5.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe attendance numbers. They are fudged. 92,000 is how many tickets were sold or given away, it does not mean how many are at the game.

Article from some Pennsylvania site

Exploring the decline in Penn State home football game attendance | PennLive.com

One example in the article, lists that if you want to go to Nebraska or Michigan you also had to buy Eastern Michigan or Kent State tickets. Knowing Nebraska fans, they BOUGHT those tickets but only plan on driving to State College for the Nebraska game.

I really enjoyed the Nittany Lion Inn when I stayed there.

BTW, Penn State wins and covers the -5.5.

2 things, attendance is down across the board in college football, especially for these type of games that are all now on TV. Years past you had to attend if you wanted to see it. AS far as "fudging" 92k, I doubt that's the case. I was not there, but I rarely miss a home game and 90k+ has never been an issue. Pennlive likes to exagerate on the negative side with everything PSU. I know plenty of PSU fans who bought those remaining Nebraska tix and didn't go to EMU, but its not like there were 20k of them available.

The main reason they lost season ticket holders is not Sandusky scandal, its the STEP program they implimented that made many longtime season ticket holders move from their prime seats to lesser quality seats or pay a large seat liscence type fee. They decided to pull this genius move at the worst possible time in the history of the program and lost many longtime season tix holders. The more recent alum seem content to watch the crap games on TV and just pay whatever it costs for he big games. I go to 6-7 games a year and juts buy one in the lots while tailgating every time. I have not paid close to face value in about 10 years unless its a Nebraska, OSU type game.

BTW, good luck this week, represent the B1G and beat UCLA down!!!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a low scoring game

Not much would surprise me other than a blowout for either team. I think PSU size will wear them down eventually, UCF D looks small. Zwinak and Lynch will wear on them. UCF QB is impressive though, kid can make plays. I'm anxious to see if they try a sell out blitz like Cuse did in Hack's first start .....that could be a dangerous proposition with Hack feeling much more comfortable now.

Perfect day for football here. mid 60's and sunshine. I'm leaving for game at about noon