• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospects Update

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless someone dies on the Hawks, Morin will never play for the big team.

He'll be a very good player for someone else...as all our prospects turn out to be.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Quenneville, C, Brandon (WHL)
He's the second cousin of Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville and nephew (through marriage) of Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk. He has a pro makeup and good work ethic; 25 goals, 58 points in 61 games.

He's considered a possible late 1st round pick.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Florida was not in the top 10.

Once a player surpasses 65 NHL games they are no longer considered a "prospect" from the site's perspective. Florida has a lot of young talent, but several of them have reached 65 or more NHL games.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a player surpasses 65 NHL games they are no longer considered a "prospect" from the site's perspective. Florida has a lot of young talent, but several of them have reached 65 or more NHL games.

Thanks, good to know.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool beans. Lets hope Teuvo, Ben Smith, Jeremy Morin and one of these D men is part of the mix this off season and they wait til the deadline to sign more veterans.

Surprised Florida was not in the top 10.

Geez...Ben Smith???? The guy played the entire year with the Hawks. He's not a prospect. He's a player for years to come.

Wipe him off the prospect list.

And I know that Teuvo is only 19. But he is so undersized and I'm not on his bandwagon. I didn't like what I saw of him late in the season in the cameo appearances that he had. He needs lots of work in my opinion to be NHL ready. To me it's 50/50 whether he ever sticks with the Hawks.

Adam Clendening probably has the greatest upside right now to make the team. But unless Roszival retires after the season or Leddy gets traded, he doesn't have a spot to play. Brookbank is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, but the Hawks might be interested in signing him to another one year deal.

When your big team is so good, it's difficult for anyone from the minors to make the team unless there are cap issues, trades or retirements.

Hawks, despite what many think, have done a pretty good job of adding a player or two each year from Rockford. Saad, Shaw, Smith the most recent. Of course previously Crawford, Kruger, Hjamarlsson, Bickell. Before that Toews and Kane were slam dunk draftees straight to the Hawks.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what I mean, Ben Smith as a valid candidate to be that second line center instead of getting the veteran again this offseason. I kinda smell Ben Smith taking over the Zeus role or center and main pk guy next season, I just dont want to see him on the fourth line again and a vet brought in again.

I was also wondering if that Vancooooover Teuvo tryout is still gonna take place before next draft day for that Kessler trade. Still seems like the hawks are worried about Kaner not playing nice this next free agent period and accepting the equal Toews contract. Thats kinda my thought process. Ben Smith and Teuvo should be able to center that second line unless Bowman looks for the deal again.

The future looks bright, nordstrom, morin, smith all produced. Teuvo was impressive the first game here, just asking if they are gonna end up getting a chance or dealt.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda tough on Morin, for "only" scoring a point per game at Rockford. I think he got the puck to the net plenty of times with the hawks, generating more rebound chances for team mates than chances for himself.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda tough on Morin, for "only" scoring a point per game at Rockford. I think he got the puck to the net plenty of times with the hawks, generating more rebound chances for team mates than chances for himself.

Agreed. Not that he would have been an all-star, but a good part of the problem was simply a lack of playing time. Even when he dressed, his minutes were usually only around 10 or so.