• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospects Update

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, no mentioning of Adam Clendening, Terry Broadhurst, or Mark McNeil (top 3 scorers on the IceHogs).

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doob, that article was just looking at Canadian Hockey League prospects (WHL, OHL, QMJHL), not those already at the AHL level or in college or Europe.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, gotta ask why Brandon Pirri, Garrett Ross, & Joakim Nordstrom are mentioned in the article then.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, I really like Clendening as a player, such a great overall game. Blackhawks should for sure give him a chance.

Agreed. Hope he gets a few games with the Hawks to start getting his feet wet.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably play him over Nick Leddy or Sheldon Brookbank.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make this about my Pens, but they've been playing the prospective dmen as of late, haven't missed a beat. I reckon the Hawks will get the same results by playing Clendening instead of Leddy or Brookbank.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably play him over Nick Leddy or Sheldon Brookbank.

I got no problem with Leddy. You put Hammer or Oduya playing with a different partner every game and they are all gonna look like they are making mistakes. I still think the Hawks goal is to get all pairs as L-R sticks. Brookbank and Rosie are not good enough to move to that second line. You cant teach the speed and puck handling Leddy has when he starts a rush. He just would work best like any defender does with a common partner. Right now we see Hammer working the backhand to clear pucks, its great when it works. If Kostka can play every game and continue to gel with Leddy you will see him making less mistakes when he is trying to send the puck to the other side for a clear. Otherwise it should hopefully be Clendening competing for that last righty stick if they let Kostka and Brookbank walk after this season. Clendening fits the role that Olsen and Stanton could not fill, a righty stick. Stan has been talking up Oduya quite a bit, he might be looking to deal, but all that does is bring back another vet that ultimately keep these AHL players down.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with Leddy. You put Hammer or Oduya playing with a different partner every game and they are all gonna look like they are making mistakes. I still think the Hawks goal is to get all pairs as L-R sticks. Brookbank and Rosie are not good enough to move to that second line. You cant teach the speed and puck handling Leddy has when he starts a rush. He just would work best like any defender does with a common partner. Right now we see Hammer working the backhand to clear pucks, its great when it works. If Kostka can play every game and continue to gel with Leddy you will see him making less mistakes when he is trying to send the puck to the other side for a clear. Otherwise it should hopefully be Clendening competing for that last righty stick if they let Kostka and Brookbank walk after this season. Clendening fits the role that Olsen and Stanton could not fill, a righty stick. Stan has been talking up Oduya quite a bit, he might be looking to deal, but all that does is bring back another vet that ultimately keep these AHL players down.

Yeah true, probably better to let Brookbank or Kostka walk and bring up Clendening.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL Network was interviewing Ryan Hartman for the upcoming WJC. Didn't realize Ryan Hartman grew up in Chicago as a Blackhawk fan. Really cool for such a talent to get drafted by his hometown team. He also commented that there's a lot more ice hockey talent coming out of Illinois as of late. Gotta give props to the new ownership for making hockey so popular in that state. Also gotta give props to the Chicago Wolves IMO.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL Network was interviewing Ryan Hartman for the upcoming WJC. Didn't realize Ryan Hartman grew up in Chicago as a Blackhawk fan. Really cool for such a talent to get drafted by his hometown team. He also commented that there's a lot more ice hockey talent coming out of Illinois as of late. Gotta give props to the new ownership for making hockey so popular in that state. Also gotta give props to the Chicago Wolves IMO.

Ryan Hartman went to Fremd High School in Palatine, IL. Lived in West Dundee from what I understand.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that kudos should go to Leddy for having a different defensive partner almost every single night.

I don't think that Leddy is going anywhere. He's a little weak defensively, but has great offensive speed, good offensive instincts and a really heavy shot. Personally, I think he has a better shot than Duncan Keith. Leddy's shot actually finds the net in most cases rather than Keith's which gets blocked out front most of the time.

Leddy's a young kid still. He's only 22, compared to Seabrook at 28 and Keith at 30. Yes, it's hard to believe Keith is 30.

Brookbank and Rozsival are disposable parts. They're bottom end defensemen that are usually very replaceable.

Adam Clendening is signed through the 2014-2015 season at $742,500. Could be a bargain at that price IF (and the magic phrase is "IF") he is defensively sound and NHL ready. Right now, the Hawks have no cap space for him unless someone else goes down...in which case you still have the revolving trio of Brookbank, Kostka and Rozsival at the ready.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Nik Hjamarlsson does use his backhand too much. But not all of that is from him playing "on the wrong side". Part of it is, but I've seen him way too numerous times when he has an easy forehand clearing shot, but still insists to backhand it out of the zone (or try to, at least).

Look closely during a game. The forehand is there. But he still wants to backhand it. Frustrating to watch.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope he finds some playing time when he gets here. If you put a Datsuk type on the ice with Kane and Saad we are talking pure excitement.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawk Prospect Performance at WJC

Chicago Blackhawks: A-
chi.gif

• F Teuvo Teravainen was the leading scorer at the tournament. His offensive hockey sense is off the charts, as Teuvo makes incredibly quick reads, sees the entire ice very well, and always knows where to put the puck. His level of puck skills is also very high. Teravainen was also leaned on defensively as a key penalty killer for Finland.
• F Ryan Hartman was a checker/grinder at the last WJC, but took on more of a scoring role this time around. He showed a lot of skill and creativity pairing up with Jack Eichel. Hartman also has the agitating element to his game, but the offensive skill shined through, which makes him desirable as an NHL prospect.
• F Vince Hinostroza has been one of the top freshmen in the country in the NCAA, and he showed flashes of that at this tournament. He's a very speedy forward with great vision, and found a way to contribute on offense despite limited minutes. He wasn't one of the USA's best forwards, but he still had a good tournament.
• D Robin Norell had a pretty strong tournament. He had only one point, but was very good in his own end despite his average size. Norell is a great skater who is tough on his checks, and was great on the penalty kill for Sweden.