• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Vs Texans

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas...I did not like what I saw AT ALL from the 1st team DL...they got pushed around a lot in this game, so much so that Nolan kept them out there maybe longer than planned as they played into Q2...in the 4-3 alignment HOU ran it...Biermann could not hold the point of attack on the edge...in the 3-4 alignment HOU ran it...I will say Soliai looked better as the 3-4 NT.

The OL looked ok early then digressed pretty quickly...Baker is likely done for the season if the early reports are correct...hopefully that's not the case, but they're going to have to move Matthews to LT earlier than I thought, and RT will now be iffy again....most likely Mike Johnson moves to the starting RT.

Just preseason, and HOU was coming off a shellacking themselves the previous week so they were more motivated....but it's not shaping up to be as good as I thought it might be for the 2014 campaign.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Baker likely being out for the season really just deflated a lot of my hopes for this offense. Our o-line was iffy enough as it was. Now we don't have Baker. All we can do is hope that our younger guys step up, Jake Matthews turns out to be a stud, and Asomoah is good. If that happens, then we should be okay.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Baker likely being out for the season really just deflated a lot of my hopes for this offense. Our o-line was iffy enough as it was. Now we don't have Baker. All we can do is hope that our younger guys step up, Jake Matthews turns out to be a stud, and Asomoah is good. If that happens, then we should be okay.

OL...that's my biggest beef with Dimitroff...a LOT of the cap money is invested into this OL...Baker, Blaylock, Asomoah, are all big cap hits and of course #6 overall picks don't come cheap

Matthews is going to have his ups and downs like any rookie playing LT, but he's got great talent/pedigree and I don't expect him to make the same mistakes twice as he goes thru the league...I'd take him in the matchup vs Clowney any day of the week.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL...that's my biggest beef with Dimitroff...a LOT of the cap money is invested into this OL...Baker, Blaylock, Asomoah, are all big cap hits and of course #6 overall picks don't come cheap

Matthews is going to have his ups and downs like any rookie playing LT, but he's got great talent/pedigree and I don't expect him to make the same mistakes twice as he goes thru the league...I'd take him in the matchup vs Clowney any day of the week.

I don't know the payroll of our o-line could be so huge when it was the worst in the league last year. :L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the payroll of our o-line could be so huge when it was the worst in the league last year. :L

Well...LY a lot of the problem was due to youth...trying to plug Konz, Holmes, and Reynolds in there and they just weren't ready. But now...they added some big money players in there...it's early, and I have a feeling the OL will struggle for a bit, but they will be better than LY for certain....if Holmes wants another NFL contract he HAS to show something.

The problem is out the gate...Saints and @ Cincy...you know how this town is...if they start 0-2 coming off last season the home crowd will sit on their hands @ the dome.