• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason v. SF

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to find a way to get Barrett on the field come regular season. Dude seems like he's in on every play.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Barrett. He and Kilgo have been impressive backups.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acosta looks like the real deal PK for SF

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wonder if Gabbert will start at some point in place of Kaepernick.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monte Ball looks to be in real trouble
A no show yet

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope no one was looking for touchdowns, because you wont find any here.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think we find a trade Ball if we can or just flat out release him? The only thing I can think of that could save him is that it's only his 3rd year so they make think it's too early to give up on him but I just don't see us carrying 4 RB's.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally just got to watch the game. Definitely some great things happening but also some things that need some major work...

Start with the bad then work our way to the good.

Bad: Maybe the worst thing right now on this team is it doesn't seem like Manning and DT are on the same page. When you throw in the fact that Sanders has barely practiced that is a lot of missed time between Manning and these guys this off season. Have to get this worked out as I would say that cost us 2 touchdowns in this game with them not being on the same page. Also really not a fan with how DT just pretty much gave up on those two plays. Yes they were not great throws but I have seen him catch much tougher throws than that. He should at the worst break up the pass not let it get picked off so easy.

Miscommunication: This seemed to be the theme of the night. When we would get something good going we would have that one play where somebody missed an assignment. They kept blitzing the A-Gap from what I could tell (which was our biggest problem last year) and just about every time Bowman was coming free for an easy sack. Have to get that cleaned up.

Good: The blocking for the most part still looked pretty solid. The 49ers were coming with quite a few blitzes and for most of the plays of this game the OL did pretty well. Throw in then the run blocking for the starters in this one they averaged about 4.7 yards per carry. Still again some inconsistencies but for the most part we are starting to see what this offense could be. We just couldn't quite finish like we needed to.

Special Teams: The coverage units looked a little better. With each week this unit has improved so always a good sign. I don't think we will have outstanding units but what we need is average out of this group for us to be successful. WE just can't be bad if we want to compete for a Super Bowl.

The Great: Man this defense looks incredible! It seemed like every time they dropped back to pass Kaepernick had a guy in his face within 2 seconds. The pressure was coming from everywhere and it didn't require a blitz to get it. This defense looks in midseason form. The only thing that worries me just a bit about this unit showed up in this game in they will be prone to the big run. Because they are so aggressive if the runner can break through that first wall of players they have some opportunities for some big yards. I would say the pay off though of negative plays and pressure in the pass game is worth a few long runs.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home from the Eagles Packers game finally. Hopefully the replay of the Broncos game will be on NFL Network during the week so I can catch up. Thanks though for the info guys on this thread to get some idea what happened. Peace.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally just got to watch the game. Definitely some great things happening but also some things that need some major work...

Start with the bad then work our way to the good.

Bad: Maybe the worst thing right now on this team is it doesn't seem like Manning and DT are on the same page. When you throw in the fact that Sanders has barely practiced that is a lot of missed time between Manning and these guys this off season. Have to get this worked out as I would say that cost us 2 touchdowns in this game with them not being on the same page. Also really not a fan with how DT just pretty much gave up on those two plays. Yes they were not great throws but I have seen him catch much tougher throws than that. He should at the worst break up the pass not let it get picked off so easy.

Miscommunication: This seemed to be the theme of the night. When we would get something good going we would have that one play where somebody missed an assignment. They kept blitzing the A-Gap from what I could tell (which was our biggest problem last year) and just about every time Bowman was coming free for an easy sack. Have to get that cleaned up.

Good: The blocking for the most part still looked pretty solid. The 49ers were coming with quite a few blitzes and for most of the plays of this game the OL did pretty well. Throw in then the run blocking for the starters in this one they averaged about 4.7 yards per carry. Still again some inconsistencies but for the most part we are starting to see what this offense could be. We just couldn't quite finish like we needed to.

Special Teams: The coverage units looked a little better. With each week this unit has improved so always a good sign. I don't think we will have outstanding units but what we need is average out of this group for us to be successful. WE just can't be bad if we want to compete for a Super Bowl.

The Great: Man this defense looks incredible! It seemed like every time they dropped back to pass Kaepernick had a guy in his face within 2 seconds. The pressure was coming from everywhere and it didn't require a blitz to get it. This defense looks in midseason form. The only thing that worries me just a bit about this unit showed up in this game in they will be prone to the big run. Because they are so aggressive if the runner can break through that first wall of players they have some opportunities for some big yards. I would say the pay off though of negative plays and pressure in the pass game is worth a few long runs.

Great Summary CD.

I'm concerned about the lack of TDs by the offense - on the other hand - I do think the Broncos are sandbagging with Peyton Manning - plain vanilla passing with a strong emphasis on the run game. With that said - perhaps it is not sandbagging as much as slow building of the offense - that will continue into the season and maybe peak in the 2nd half of the schedule. No reason to panic yet.

I also thought DT was not playing at full attention yet - he may be fat on his contract - he may be distracted by having to catch up to the offense or he maybe distracted by his mother's pending exit from the prison system. It probably is a combination of those things. I expect he will be fine when the season rolls around.

New comers to the team I'm excited about seeing: James Casey, Kilgo, Mathis and Sambraillo. The same goes for Paradis and Barrett who are not new to the team, but figure to be new to the 53 man roster.

Concerned about: Virgil Green - He's forgotten how to block and hasn't shown himself reliable in the passing game yet. Omar Bolden - I hope he is well - I think he was trying too hard to impress in the return game last night. Kayvon Webster - has not had a great camp - I don't think I've seen him progress from where he was last year - hope for the best on him - because he is likable and has the physical tools.

it's beginning to look like the Defense will be the dominating force - after three years of relying on the offense to win games. I love it - to me - this is real Denver Bronco football. Yes - there will be long plays on occassion against this defense - because it attacks - David Bruton and Stewart will have to be sure tacklers to save TDs. The defense, however, swarms, tackles and runs around with the best defenses I have ever seen. All of a sudden the Broncos have 4 guys in Ware, Ray, Barrett and Miller who can rush the passer - meanwhile the Broncos have some of the surest tacklers in the middle LB group and the some of the best cornerbacks in the league.

I continue to like Osweiler's demeanor at the QB position this year -and his ability to roll out - and his play action long ball passes will result in TDs. He has proven to me - that he will be in effective back up. He still lowers his arm to throw passes - at times - like he is playing darts and wants to wiz the pass by his ear - instead of causing wind action on his cow lick. He still has too many balls batted down at the LOS - and he is 6'8" for goodness sakes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Montee Ball cut or traded for a late round pick - sames goes for T Carter and K Webster. Trouble is - the Broncos won't need late round picks and other teams won't need to give them one - the Broncos will have to cut guys who can make other rosters.

McManus - has looked good - his miss from 55 yards out - had a short step extra in his approach - something he has tried to eliminate from his approach to the ball.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT started slow last year too, guys. He'll be fine.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wind action on his cowlick?

Best. Phrase. Ever.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning looks like a newborn calf dropping back from under C, he's still adjusting. Threw some ducks, maybe it's time for the glove? McAnus looked way off on that long attempt. He even pushed the first one to the right. Is it his follow through? We need our resident golf experts to weigh in on his "shanking". DT is better than that. Norwood looks great. Our D, which obviously is my favorite, looks outstanding, gritty and plain mean. They are playing like every play is the last. I'm in heaven.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to point out - Harris' wrap them up tackling has rubbed off on Talib - great form on Talib tackling last night.

One thing I remember from Tim Tebow - run right at CBs and challenge them to tackle you head on - most can't do it.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos offense that we see on opening night will look a lot different than pre-season. Nine news here in Denver is speculating that we'll see Manning in the pistol more vs. always under center. This could marry the best of both worlds by giving the running backs clear lanes and by putting Manning in a position to throw a pass without having to drop back as much. I'm cautiously thinking that the Broncos are going to open things up big time against the Ravens on Sunday night. Our defense looks amazing so far. Let's get this damn season started!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So interesting stat of the day. The Broncos when they have had their starting defense on the field has only given up 48 passing yards total in the 3 games they have played so far this preseason. Have to remember this is without Chris Harris playing in 2 of those games, Ware not playing in the 1st one, Ware and Miller leaving after just a couple of series in this last one, and our ILB position being a bit limited because of injury. Very good looking unit!

Also both Wilson and Kaepernick were sacked more times than the number of completions they had in the game. The two of them combined had 3 completions while the Broncos defense had 4 sacks against the two of them. We also caused them to have 2 fumbles and a safety against them.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah love the D so far! One thing they will have to work on in obvious passing situations vs a good running Qb is to have on guy in the middle just track the qb and stay focused on him. Be wary of a scramble up middle. That seems to be the only vulnerable spot so far.