• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason v. SF

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see anything on how much the Broncos will play the 1's in this pre-season game?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think till the half

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be good to see the first team offense settle into a rhythm. The play calling last week left us all a little bewildered but none of us know what the team was emphasizing. Even though the first team will get a longer look this week, I still don't expect them to go in full strength. Sanders will be out, for example. I also heard Mathis wasn't playing but they expect he'll be ready for the Ravens. I get it, but I don't know if I like the idea of him taking his first live snaps on the line in a regular season game. But hey, I'm not a football man and Kubiak is so I'll trust his judgment.

Stay healthy, Broncos!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - this is ironical. ;)

Sort of like Nixon saying, "I am not a crook." Or Clinton saying, "I did not have sex with that woman." Or the other Clinton saying, "I did not send or receive classified material on my personal server."

Gosh, I went and ruined a good thread with references to politics, didn't I? Sorry guys.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apology accepted - just disappointed that the Bushes didn't get a mention - like for "Read My Lips - No New Taxes," or, "mission accomplished."

Everyone knows John Elway should be president.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or my personal favorite, "they keep misunderestimating me."

Elway would be a great President. There are just two problems with that. 1.)His campaign would be wall to wall sports analogies (ie: "It's time to lead America on a comeback drive!" or "It's 4th and long for America: Who do you want throwing the hail marry?" and so on...) 2.) If Elway is president of the U.S. he will no longer be running the Broncos and I just shudder at the thought of that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or my personal favorite, "they keep misunderestimating me."

Elway would be a great President. There are just two problems with that. 1.)His campaign would be wall to wall sports analogies (ie: "It's time to lead America on a comeback drive!" or "It's 4th and long for America: Who do you want throwing the hail marry?" and so on...) 2.) If Elway is president of the U.S. he will no longer be running the Broncos and I just shudder at the thought of that.

Plus it is probably a pay cut for John Elway!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely ready to watch tonight's game and see how the starters look. I'm getting to the point in preseason though that it is just time for the season to start. No more risking injury to any of our top guys. They know how to play.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely ready to watch tonight's game and see how the starters look. I'm getting to the point in preseason though that it is just time for the season to start. No more risking injury to any of our top guys. They know how to play.

:agree: 100% on board. Find myself more hoping that no one gets injured than care about the game itself.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: 100% on board. Find myself more hoping that no one gets injured than care about the game itself.

I think with all the injuries happening over the last week or so a lot of teams have reached that point of just wanting more to protect the players. Really they can get plenty done in practice to be ready for the opening game. It is why I am not worried about Mathis not having any preseason action. Heck Sanders might not have any either yet I think he will be just fine.

Also I am one I actually hope our offense does a little of what they did last week and look exactly like we did last year. No reason to give up to the Ravens what we plan to do with implementing Kubiak's system into the fold as well. They were talking on the radio the other day with some retired players and they said that a team uses maybe 2% of their playbook in the preseason to make sure that a team has as little as possible to go off of once the season starts. So even if the offense struggles I don't think anybody should hit the panic button because they are using a very small section as to not give anything away. A preseason loss means nothing. Now obviously I hope they look good and hope my team wins but winning is pretty far down on the priority list of this game.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Shane shine ...so far dud IMO ...He talks better so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Shane shine ...so far dud IMO ...He talks better so far.

Pretty sure he has a sack and about 5 or 6 QB pressures in limited action in the game. He also has a FF and I think a couple of tackles for loss as well.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he has a sack and about 5 or 6 QB pressures in limited action in the game. He also has a FF and I think a couple of tackles for loss as well.

Good to hear ..I am hoping for a game were he takes over ...would be easier to like him ... he kind of grades on me ..don't know why just does

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear ..I am hoping for a game were he takes over ...would be easier to like him ... he kind of grades on me ..don't know why just does

Hmm yeah I have liked him so far. Through two games I have seen him make impact plays in both games. I wouldn't want him starting quite yet as I think he still has quite a bit to learn but he has shown that 1st step explosion that should help him to be a 10+ sack type guy most years.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm yeah I have liked him so far. Through two games I have seen him make impact plays in both games. I wouldn't want him starting quite yet as I think he still has quite a bit to learn but he has shown that 1st step explosion that should help him to be a 10+ sack type guy most years.
Yeah I think some need to record the games so you can go back and really watch certain players. It's really hard to gather and watch individual players just on game day. Ray has done a lot better than some might think until you can single him on tape. Just like any of the other players,you can't see everything on game day when so much is going on per snap.Ray has done pretty well imo

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's been great so far for a rookie. As has been stated, he's in an ideal situation with Von and Ware starting and teaching him the ropes.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think some need to record the games so you can go back and really watch certain players. It's really hard to gather and watch individual players just on game day. Ray has done a lot better than some might think until you can single him on tape. Just like any of the other players,you can't see everything on game day when so much is going on per snap.Ray has done pretty well imo

I got replay just need the time to watch .. I knew he made plays just like impact is all .. hoping he starts to shine that way in taking over a game ..