• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Practice

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Kyle Fuller has a knack of blocking field goal attempts.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter Windmuller sucked balls today

A.J. Hughes simply has to be our #1 P

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's there. Notice on that run Corey Marshall running stride for stride with him......sheesh is he a freak.

Yeah he might play on Sundays. Seems like the offense looked good. I'm not worried about it as long as no one on the O-line gets hurt. Once again Newsome has not created any depth

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he might play on Sundays. Seems like the offense looked good. I'm not worried about it as long as no one on the O-line gets hurt. Once again Newsome has not created any depth

We just lost 4 starters on the offensive line this year, we still have a good starting 5 this year plus a few extra, and youre unhappy with Newsome?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We just lost 4 starters on the offensive line this year, we still have a good starting 5 this year plus a few extra, and youre unhappy with Newsome?

Who are the few extra? Via, Farris who else? Have to say it's rare to run across VT fans who defend Newsome. Even you might not have good things to say about him next year

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Who are the few extra? Via, Farris who else? Have to say it's rare to run across VT fans who defend Newsome. Even you might not have good things to say about him next year

Im honestly not a newsome fan (been calling for his head since before he even got here) but i do have to say that even the second team OL looked pretty good today. That long run from coleman came behind the second OL against the first DL iirc.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
a couple of my observations from today:

- asante is fast and elusive, needs to work on his hands a little though.

- michael cole is all around better than i expected. His speed is surprising for someone with a "thick" build.

- edmunds looks pretty natural at RB. He has a lot of "shake" but isnt afraid of contact.

- Manning plays bigger than 155

- Logan seems to have a good chemistry with Corey Fuller, he may play a larger role in the offense than a lot think.

- Both Dyrell and Mangus spent time with Dr. Seigel this afternoon. I think Roberts just had a tight hammy but seigel was also checking out his arm. Mangus seemed to have a shoulder stinger or something.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im honestly not a newsome fan (been calling for his head since before he even got here) but i do have to say that even the second team OL looked pretty good today. That long run from coleman came behind the second OL against the first DL iirc.

Exactly. I haven't had great things to say about him either, but the "as usual a Newsome OL has no depth,: is an idiotic comment.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly. I haven't had great things to say about him either, but the "as usual a Newsome OL has no depth,: is an idiotic comment.

Last year the only backups who got much playing time were Via and Becton and Becton didn't look too good. That means the rest were worse. But if he's starting to get the job done then great. I'm just tired of worrying about them every year

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Were you there fooz? According to French on tkp, via, shaman, Gibson, and Farris all looked VERY good...if you've ever read his posts, it seems that he definitely knows his shit regarding the OL...at least a lot more than u

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Were you there fooz? According to French on tkp, via, shaman, Gibson, and Farris all looked VERY good...if you've ever read his posts, it seems that he definitely knows his shit regarding the OL...at least a lot more than u

Nope. But good news then if it's true and holds up in the real games. Way to get defensive. You must be a Newsome

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant decide if im more excited about the O, or more worried about the D...

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious, which of our kickers/punters are on scholarship? What is Branthover's status?....I see he is 3rd string at both positions, but I remember something about him earning a scholarship last season.