• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Practice

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
corey marshall up to 267 is nice, i think thats +17 pounds

And tied for 2nd on the depth chart at DE...

Doug Bowman ‏@HHDougB
Corey Marshall seems to have gotten his wish, tied with McCray at 2nd DE, tied with McCray at 3rd DT. 3rd DTs never play.

With Collins @ 261, Gayle @ 269, Marshall @ 267, McCray @ 256... we've got size on the ends, boys!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning was an early enrollee correct? If so, he has been on campus for 6 months now and hasn't gained a pound?? Not good. I know it is hard for these kids that are so small to put on weight..but damn! Someone isn't trying hard enough (Coaches and Player). They knew in the spring he would probably have to play this year. Hope he doesn't get hurt.

I am sounding foozish aren't I

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Manning was an early enrollee correct? If so, he has been on campus for 6 months now and hasn't gained a pound?? Not good. I know it is hard for these kids that are so small to put on weight..but damn! Someone isn't trying hard enough (Coaches and Player). They knew in the spring he would probably have to play this year. Hope he doesn't get hurt.

I think he came in lighter than what was reported.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I am trying to find out what is going on with him as well. All reports I have gotten about him this summer is he is really putting in the work, so either he was lighter when he arrived or his weight is wrong now, I really don't think he has not gained a pound since getting on campus...

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like (this is from memory) Exum, Coleman, Leal, Coles, Redman, Jarrett, Wang, Knowles, Smiling, and Harley grew an inch.

Caleb, Clarke, Edmunds, Mangus, McKinnon, Riley, and Smith all shrunk an inch. These are all incoming freshman... weird.

Holmes has grown a whole foot! Talk about a big RB.

Ray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think mccray should battle wilson and let wilson be #5 DE, mccray has the speed and strength

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Cole injured or something? Any idea why Frye is already listed above him in the 2-deep?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Cole injured or something? Any idea why Frye is already listed above him in the 2-deep?

I though I heard that Cole was nursing some sort of nagging injury as well (hammy or something like that).

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep .. he is still rehabbing .. and sounds like he could miss the beginning of the season .. i'd rather the staff take their chances early on without DJ, so that he's good and ready for the ending, toucher stretch. We still have MD, Dyrell, and hopefully a few that step up.

Considering our injury with Coles and lack of depth at CB, I REALLY hope that some of these guys aren't returning punts or kickoffs (namely Dyrell and Fuller), especially kick-offs .. With the new rule changes in effect, the impact of a kick-off-returning game will be minimal as it is. Not worth the risks.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering our injury with Coles and lack of depth at CB, I REALLY hope that some of these guys aren't returning punts or kickoffs (namely Dyrell and Fuller), especially kick-offs .. With the new rule changes in effect, the impact of a kick-off-returning game will be minimal as it is. Not worth the risks.

I think Knowles and Corey Fuller would be good candidates for kickoff returns.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep .. he is still rehabbing .. and sounds like he could miss the beginning of the season .. i'd rather the staff take their chances early on without DJ, so that he's good and ready for the ending, toucher stretch. We still have MD, Dyrell, and hopefully a few that step up.

I was asking about Michael Cole @ FS, not DJ Coles.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my mistake .. let's leave jarrett out of the ko/punt returning conversation .. i hope our coaches do .. knowles and mangus (supposedly) are burners .. let them do it.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my mistake .. let's leave jarrett out of the ko/punt returning conversation .. i hope our coaches do .. knowles and mangus (supposedly) are burners .. let them do it.

Jarrett could very well be the leader for the punt return job.