• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for showdown tuesday

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHP:
 its tougher to come in and beat a talent laden foe early in the year for young teams.

Yep, I agree with that statement. But experienced teams also get better as the year progresses....so effectively if they were better earlier...they should be better later? Agree or no?

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am asking..."Was Ohio State over-rated early in the season.......or did UK have more of an upside as far as their team progression throughout the season....and then thru the tourney until the day they met and beat Ohio State?:fencing::fencing:

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the tourney and they won on a buzzer-beater. They played good but got lucky, you even know that.

It is a big step, but you don't always know what your getting, like last year they were awful. The year before that they won it all. It can go either way. Don't get your feelings hurt over it, it's just the way it is. :laugh3:

Relax, my feelings aren't hurt. I hope yours weren't either.:laugh3:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHP:
 its tougher to come in and beat a talent laden foe early in the year for young teams.

Yep, I agree with that statement. But experienced teams also get better as the year progresses....so effectively if they were better earlier...they should be better later? Agree or no?

Better in relation to themselves?? Sure. Better in relation to the younger team that may have a higher ceiling?? I dont know.... I think we'd all agree UK has a HIGH ceiling for the season this year and that the longer the season goes for them the better they will get and MAYBE they will be able to pass MSU by seasons end when it comes to quality of their team. Hell they are much closer NOW than I thought they would be so its entirely possible. Of course MSU is going to get better too, just probably wont show as much improvement as UK does.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better in relation to themselves?? Sure. Better in relation to the younger team that may have a higher ceiling?? I don't know.... I think we'd all agree UK has a HIGH ceiling for the season this year and that the longer the season goes for them the better they will get and MAYBE they will be able to pass MSU by seasons end when it comes to quality of their team. Hell they are much closer NOW than I thought they would be so its entirely possible. Of course MSU is going to get better too, just probably wont show as much improvement as UK does.

Thanks for a very good response. We may disagree a fair number of times during the season...but it can still be as a couple of reasonable sports fans.

I never expected to have sports conversations with someone from your neck of the woods....but you represent them well..... :thumb: